Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are Gordon and Charlie off the books after this upcoming season at least?

i'd legit fire dumars over this move unless he trades monroe for rondo. such a stupid signing.
i'm not trading a big for a small. And I don't think Rondo is a good fit with another ball dominate player like Josh Smith.
Rajon Rondo contract expires in 2 years, and Greg Monroe is still on his rookie deal, and is going to be a restricted free agent next offseason. I only do the deal if Rondo agrees to resign with the Pistons, cuz I ain't renting him for 2 years.

Last edited:
I remember hearing that a rumor that ownership told Dumars that if the Pistons didn't make the playoffs this year that he would be fired. Explains the signing.

Damn everyone in here really hates josh smith huh. It's not that bad of a signing. They just need to find a pass first PG and a shooter.

Remember if your Detroit you have to overpay in order to lure free agents. I for one am excited to watch smith and Monroe work together

its a solid signing if we didnt already have a up and coming PF and C...

sure the defense is there which is quite nice but josh smith will be shooting nothing but jumpers.

i dont like the move but hey, its better than nothing. i knew they werent gonna sit on the capspace

I remember hearing that a rumor that ownership told Dumars that if the Pistons didn't make the playoffs this year that he would be fired. Explains the signing.

pretty much its win now for the Pistons and Dumars. Hes DEF getting fired at the end of the season if they dont make the playoffs and go on a decent run.

this would be a legit team if they had a REAL PG with all those big guys. i dont know what else to say.

So are Gordon and Charlie off the books after this upcoming season at least?

Gordon is on the Bobcats and CV is on his last year. Gores wont amnesty him because he thinks hes tradeable because hes an expiring, same goes for Stuckey.

oo damn when did gordon get traded to the cats? :lol: Stupid me. At least they got rid him.

Detroit just became the new hawks for future playoffs.

What I was fearing when the interest was 1st reported. Last thing you wanna be in the NBA is middle of the pack. Either have a team who can make a legit run or be rebuilding w/ young talent. Pistons ownership/management think this **** is MLB/NHL: get in the playoffs and you got a shot.

They might still end up being bad next year. With Josh at the 3, they won't score much unless Knight makes a significant leap (which I doubt). This move will prolly result in a trade at some point between him & Monroe.

Last edited:
JSmoov 2 Detroit makes me feel he'll be an all star & will play wild like he did in Atlanta

pretty much its win now for the Pistons and Dumars. Hes DEF getting fired at the end of the season if they dont make the playoffs and go on a decent run.

this would be a legit team if they had a REAL PG with all those big guys. i dont know what else to say.

GM making stupid decisions in order to try and save their jobs. Detroit probably just took a step backwards with this signing.

All the talks was that the Rockets wanted Smith, but I guess he wanted more money instead of a chance at a Championship. Typical. :smh:

Wy don't teams just give out crazy 1 year contracts instead of messing up their future?

The best example I can give is the nets giving humphries a lot of money for one year

I would legit sign Copeland for one year 12 million over signing a non game changer for 4 years

Is that a legit rumor that the Pistons are trying to trade Monroe or Drummond plus expirings for Rondo?

Full @Shaq quote on @DwightHoward leaving #Lakers for #Rockets: "The Dwight Howard thing, it was expected. We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."

Wy don't teams just give out crazy 1 year contracts instead of messing up their future?

The best example I can give is the nets giving humphries a lot of money for one year

I would legit sign Copeland for one year 12 million over signing a non game changer for 4 years

Cause players would rather get more years just in case injuries.

If you would sign me for 8 million one year but the next man is 18 million 3 years I'm going with the 3 year deal unless I KNOW I can ball out in this one year and demand more than 8+ a year on a multi year deal.

Full @Shaq quote on @DwightHoward leaving #Lakers for #Rockets: "The Dwight Howard thing, it was expected. We've all been in LA, and not a whole lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him to go to a little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it."
I don't understand Shaq adding that last part. LA is the 2nd most populated city in America, Houston is 4th.

Does that mean Patrick Ewing is allowed to call LA "a little town"? 
laugh.gif

Or JR Smith is allowed to say that Kobe can't handle the pressures of NYC? 
laugh.gif

Shaq 
mean.gif

Now it makes perfect sense. These are all panic moves.

Cuz if Dumars gets fired anyway it'll be DET with the bad contracts for years to come.

Last edited:
CARL LANDRY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

WE GONNA PLAY BLACKJACK ALL THE TIME NOW!!!!

Is that a legit rumor that the Pistons are trying to trade Monroe or Drummond plus expirings for Rondo?

legit? who knows, no one has come out and said it so maybe not but its plausible.

Drummond aint getting traded tho, 100%. ZERO chance.

If we go after Rondo it will be Monroe packing his bags and its the only way Celtics would accept the deal. Ive seen people on twitter thinking we would get Rondo without giving up either Monroe or Drummond LULZ. i hate when people dont know about basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom