Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I have no reason to have ANY faith in them. They don't HAVE to reverse anything. That can be some trash for the rest of eternity. :lol:

But in all seriousness, DC is a basketball town. The Skins are important right now but if we had a serious basketball team, this city would be on fire.

A lot of people feel that way. I just think that after years of ineptitude, they SHOULD be due for a reversal of fortunes.

The funny thing is, what you just described can also be tied into a city like Cleveland as well. Much like how their fanbase has hope, we got ours as well.

It's just a matter of seeing how things play out.

*edit*

Let's change topics for a second.

We all know KD is an absolute beast offensively, but does anyone think he can take a major leap with his defense? I know he has a lack of strength, but his crazy length should be enough to offset that. Personally, I think his defensive ceiling (if he ever reaches it) is like Tayshaun Prince. Datz, or anyone else....what's stopping KD from elevating his defense? Or is he already good?

Last edited:
Man I have no reason to have ANY faith in them. They don't HAVE to reverse anything. That can be some trash for the rest of eternity. :lol:

But in all seriousness, DC is a basketball town. The Skins are important right now but if we had a serious basketball team, this city would be on fire.

A lot of people feel that way. I just think that after years of ineptitude, they SHOULD be due for a reversal of fortunes.

The funny thing is, what you just described can also be tied into a city like Cleveland as well. Much like how their fanbase has hope, we got ours as well.

It's just a matter of seeing how things play out.

*edit*

Let's change topics for a second.

We all know KD is an absolute beast offensively, but does anyone think he can take a major leap with his defense? I know he has a lack of strength, but his crazy length should be enough to offset that. Personally, I think his defensive ceiling (if he ever reaches it) is like Tayshaun Prince. Datz, or anyone else....what's stopping KD from elevating his defense? Or is he already good?
yea the Wiz always messing up somehow :lol:, but no way you can say they are not better than all those bottom of the barrel teams and a Cavs team depending on Injury plagued players and questionable lottery picks ..

And I dont think KD reaches Prince's level on D but he can definitely step his D up to locking down dudes when the situation calls for it

I was actually talking specifically about the mid range as well. I know Westbrooks three pointer isnt that great. I'm actually not in a position to look up stats either but if anyone else can just post the most recent shooting charts for each I'd appreciate it. Again I dont think the gap between them is that large and Rose can easily establish himself as being the superior player, but as it stands now I would take Westbrook
Overall they both are 1st tier PGs. Gap isn't large at all (if there is even one).
I remember in the PG thread you introduced the concept of tiers and I have to say I agree with doing it this way. I agree with the fact that the gap between them isn't large at all, you can't go wrong with either. Stephen Curry over both though.

If kyries team is better than wall why are their stats so close and the wizards win more? No way wall should AVERAGE 3 more assists and win more than Kyrie....right? Because they are the worst team in the league

His defense is horrible most of the time but good to even great when he wants to be, but it's also part of coaching. Scott Brooks literally tells his players to help off of shooters at all costs on drives and post ups, even 1 pass away. It's why we give up a **** ton of open to lightly contested 3s, especially out of the corner, and anybody from VC to Caron Butler to even Alan Anderson on a 10 day (gave us like 30) can cook against the Thunder if you can make kickout 3s. That's the easiest pass to make. It's so upsetting watching a bunch of professional make what is literally an elementary level basketball mistake over and over; help defense 1 pass away, vs 2 passes away, overhelping, etc. The finals would be exhibit A. Possession after possession; even if coach did tell me to help off, if Miller just hit a 3 because I helped too far, next possession I'm either not helping or not getting further than I can close and run him back off that 3, but nope, let me just help off of him again, and again, and again. End of the day, I just don't think he is as consistently commited to that end as LeBron is or other guys who that is their only role. He also closes out and stops way short and with his hands in his pockets, completely negating his 7'4 or whatever wingspan

absolutely

tony parker has never gotten the same level of praise/acknowledgment from basketball viewers the same way other pgs have

Because those other PG's haven't played with TD.
Tony Parker has always been right on the outside of Tier 1 PG's.

Bulls fans always make the drive to up north to invade Milwaukee.

yep im gonna get up there for a g or 2 this yr

I don't have a problem with the argument...but literally NONE of you were saying that before Rose went down.

As one of the bigger Russ fans on here, the closest I came to saying it was pointing out Russ' numbers were very close to Rose's MVP season. But that was more to defend Westbrook than to say he's better than Rose.

Westbrook's stats are impressive because he's doing it alongside the 2nd best player in the league.. but that also gives him freedom that Rose doesn't get as the number 1 option and leader of his team. They're a lot closer than some people might want to admit.

but the "discussion" never happened before ... no one would dare to say it until he went down & since then its been a free for all on streching the truth & telling bad corny jokes

Last edited:
I like this trend of videos being posted.....hopefully less nters will be talking out of their *** about players they've never seen play :lol:

I don't think he would've progressed the same way as the other great point guards plus at one point in his career he was the third option on the Spurs.
I just don't see him as top 5 if he switched teams with my top 5 (Kyrie, CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose) I don't think those teams will be the same or better.

I remember last season I watched the Bulls play the Bucks in Mil and it might as well have been the United Center :lol:

I second that KD gotta make the leap defensively, he's as good as it gets on the offensive side of the ball. As DatZNasty said, he can be a great defender when he wants to be but he takes a lot of possessions off. Dude has too much length and lateral quickness to not be a great stopper but its obvious he doesn't have a passion for defense and Brooks ain't going to mold him into a stopper. His system isn't exactly geared towards defense yet Russ is still becoming a better defender each year. Hopefully they develop Adams to the point where they can't play him and Ibaka which would really make them tough defensively/athletically overall.

Damn OKC for having such a great roster yet Ownership is cheap as **** and their coach is the epitome of average.

OKC should have been the team trying to acquire Doc.

Bingo, Westbrook and Durant deserve better coaching. Durant seems like too nice of a guy to pull a Deron/Dwight and get Brooks out of there and ownership seems to love him so it looks like he's going to be there long term with that core.

but the "discussion" never happened before ... no one would dare to say it until he went down & since then its been a free for all on streching the truth & telling bad corny jokes
I been pointed out their similarities, bet it was so long ago in fact it was under my other screen name, and Russ just had a season almost statistically identical to Rose's MVP season. It is what it is, head to head 2 seasons ago, they played each other almost even with Russ having a slight advantage (both played a good game and a mediocre one and won on their home floors)

Parker never gets any criticism either. Nobody said anything when he took 23 shots to score 19pts on 24%fg in the playoffs, or lead his team to losing 4 straight and had a 5 nd 7to game in the process

Yea our ownership are some cheapasses. We'll just have to wait out Brooks' 4 yr contract and hope KD and WD are still around and Bennett/Presti and them start to value winning now and spending if need be over the whole "sustainability" model. By we I mean OKC fans anyways. As a fan of Westbrook and to a lesser extent KD, they deserve ownerships that will go to all lengths to get them a title.

Problem is the owners who spend freely have ****** GMs and vice versa. Pair Presti or Ujiri with Prokhorov or Dolan and win 5 of the next 10 titles

Last edited:
I been pointed out their similarities, bet it was so long ago in fact it was under my other screen name, and Russ just had a season almost statistically identical to Rose's MVP season. It is what it is, head to head 2 seasons ago, they played each other almost even with Russ having a slight advantage (both played a good game and a mediocre one and won on their home floors)

all boils down to this

russ is 2nd fiddle teams would dbl kd before him

rose is 1st & 2nd option hes the focus of the other teams gameplan 1st to get doubled & dropped the same/similar/kinda like whatever you wanna say #'s as russ

advantage dr1

Last edited:

all boils down to this

russ is 2nd fiddle teams would dbl kd before him

rose is 1st & 2nd option hes the focus of the other teams gameplan 1st to get doubled & dropped the same/similar/kinda like whatever you wanna say #'s as russ

advantage dr1
Rose body be 100% healthy but he misses games anyways while his teammates get all types of cortisone shots and play through pain and throw up on the bench. Westbrook got his meniscus broken, still finished the game and scored 20pts after and in fact ripped Beverly on the very next play

Advantage Westbrook

Both guys play with an all star small forward, 1 has an all star center and the other plays with the worst in the entire league (history even), and a power forward who used to be

One has a top 3 coach and the other has a doofus

We could do this all day

Last edited:
There's alot of Rod Strickland in Kyrie's game

Rod Strickland though?
Out of everyone in the history of the NBA... You're comparing him to ROD STRICKLAND?! >D

I mean... Rod was solid as hell for a nice stretch in time, but Kyrie's potential is on a while different level man.

Rod Strickland though?
Out of everyone in the history of the NBA... You're comparing him to ROD STRICKLAND?!
grin.gif

I mean... Rod was solid as hell for a nice stretch in time, but Kyrie's potential is on a while different level man.
NT'ers always have to take things to the extreme. I said ABSOLUTELY nothing about his potential. I didn't say KYRIE is ROD. I said there is alot of Rod in his game.

I'm going to assume you're a certain age and don't remember Rod playing. Their body control and the way they finish at the rim are very similar.

Also...guess who Kyrie's godfather is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom