Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to interject here and mention that Rod Strickland is Kyries Godfather and was a big part of him learning how to play reportedly.

Last edited:
but the "discussion" never happened before ... no one would dare to say it until he went down & since then its been a free for all on streching the truth & telling bad corny jokes
I been pointed out their similarities, bet it was so long ago in fact it was under my other screen name, and Russ just had a season almost statistically identical to Rose's MVP season. It is what it is, head to head 2 seasons ago, they played each other almost even with Russ having a slight advantage (both played a good game and a mediocre one and won on their home floors)

all boils down to this

russ is 2nd fiddle teams would dbl kd before him

rose is 1st & 2nd option hes the focus of the other teams gameplan 1st to get doubled & dropped the same/similar/kinda like whatever you wanna say #'s as russ

advantage dr1
Rose body be 100% healthy but he misses games anyways while his teammates get all types of cortisone shots and play through pain and throw up on the bench. Westbrook got his meniscus broken, still finished the game and scored 20pts after and in fact ripped Beverly on the very next play

Advantage Westbrook

Both guys play with an all star small forward, 1 has an all star center and the other plays with the worst in the entire league (history even), and a power forward who used to be

One has a top 3 coach and the other has a doofus

We could do this all day

you can do it all day alone if thats the route you will take ... the non-factual route

you brought up #'s & then switch it around when logic is knocking at the door ... russ IS 2nd fiddle rose is 1st & 2nd option all the rest of that bs is just that BS (you dont have the worst anything in history so dont even climb on that soapbox OK ) & has ZERO to do with this back & forth

OH

& your coach is a doofus now...oh ok ...right... we had VDN i know what a doofus coach looks like & YOU dont have one

but the "discussion" never happened before ... no one would dare to say it until he went down & since then its been a free for all on streching the truth & telling bad corny jokes
I been pointed out their similarities, bet it was so long ago in fact it was under my other screen name, and Russ just had a season almost statistically identical to Rose's MVP season. It is what it is, head to head 2 seasons ago, they played each other almost even with Russ having a slight advantage (both played a good game and a mediocre one and won on their home floors)

all boils down to this

rose is 1st & 2nd option hes the focus of the other teams gameplan 1st to get doubled & dropped the same/similar/kinda like whatever you wanna say #'s as russ

advantage dr1
Both guys play with an all star small forward,

We could do this all day

LOL. I'm all for comparing the two but you got to do alittle better than that chief. Deng is now being compared to Durant because they both made the all star game?

Yikes.

exactly deng is food to kd but they are equal cuz they both made the asg foh

Last edited:

all boils down to this

advantage dr1

We could do this all day

LOL. I'm all for comparing the two but you got to do alittle better than that chief. Deng is now being compared to Durant because they both made the all star game?

Yikes.

Dude said Rod Strickland. Could have said Isaiah Thomas, but no. He said Rod Strickland.

You dudes are SLOW. Or under the age of 21. I didn't say he was the NEXT Rod Strickland. I said I see Rod's game IN Kyrie's game.

What don't you understand about that? Or are you just dickriding the other dude who bought it up?

Relax bro. I didn't even come at you that hard.
I do remember him playing, like i said he was a VERY SOLID PG for a nice stretch of time. I gave you that.
I just said that his potential is on a different level... is it not?

Cool, Rod is his God-Father and a big influence...
But What did i say that is false in my response to your comment? Did i insult you? I didn't do anything other than give you my opinion.

Relax.

Relax bro. I didn't even come at you that hard.
I do remember him playing, like i said he was a VERY SOLID PG for a nice stretch of time. I gave you that.
I just said that his potential is on a different level... is it not?

Cool, Rod is his God-Father and a big influence...
But What did i say that is false in my response to your comment? Did i insult you? I didn't do anything other than give you my opinion.

Relax.
You just quoted something I said to someone else so...nobody is "coming at you that hard".

You acted like me saying I saw Rod in his game was ridiculous or something.

Seeing similarities in their game doesn't mean I think that's what Kyrie's potential is...but your whole response was based around that notion.

Try to use your comprehension skills a little better next time.

Last edited:
It's crazy how much bounce Kyrie has in non game situations, I remember watching him in HS in NJ and dude was throwing down windmills and 360's in the lay up line yet did not attempt a dunk at all during the game.

& your coach is a doofus now...oh ok ...right... we had VDN i know what a doofus coach looks like & YOU dont have one
Yes he is a doofus. Any coach who plays Derek Fisher and Kendrick Perkins as many minutes as they play qualifies as a doofus.

Dude said Rod Strickland. Could have said Isaiah Thomas, but no. He said Rod Strickland.

You dudes are SLOW. Or under the age of 21. I didn't say he was the NEXT Rod Strickland. I said I see Rod's game IN Kyrie's game.

What don't you understand about that? Or are you just dickriding the other dude who bought it up?
IDK why you even arguing...you know Kyrie can only be compared to All Time greats

It's crazy how much bounce Kyrie has in non game situations, I remember watching him in HS in NJ and dude was throwing down windmills and 360's in the lay up line yet did not attempt a dunk at all during the game.

A lot of players in the league are like that. Big difference between athleticism outside of a game and athleticism inside of the game, which has to do with the speed of someone's first step, their strength, their leaping ability, etc.

OJ Mayo takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. So many contested fall-away jumpers.

Inability to get separation due to lack of speed and athleticism forces him to take those kind of shots. He's always had problems with beating his guy and getting separation, and thus has made him a good tough shot maker thoughout his life. But when your best option is ending up shooting contested jumpers, your in trouble :lol: good shot maker with an ability to get in the paint? Kobe, Harden, Wade, etc. Good shot maker without the ability to get in the paint? O.J., JR Smith to a lesser degree, Eric Gordon, etc.

Russell Westbrook did some things in that video that literally had me like :wow: :wow: he's an incredible athlete.

All of this! watching Mayo highlights, he always has somebody RIGHT in his grill. Is he really that slow?

All of this! watching Mayo highlights, he always has somebody RIGHT in his grill. Is he really that slow?
Hes not slow by any means. Dude plays really great D. There are just very few players that can create their own shot and get to the bucket. like stated wade harden etc. That is why they are max players. I think a lot of it has to do with ball handling. In my opinion any great ball handler can get to the paint regardless of his speed because he knows how to get the defenders on balance. Steve Nash is a perfect example. The players stated jr eric gordon and oj mayo dont strike me as great ball handlers. 

all boils down to this

advantage dr1

We could do this all day

Yikes.

This was all I wanted to point out... :lol: :rofl: :lol:

KD can score 30 and it be considered a bad game, if Luol scores 20 he's had a great game so don't do that...

The two are not the same. AT ALL... :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom