Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this! watching Mayo highlights, he always has somebody RIGHT in his grill. Is he really that slow?

Yeah, and No. I mean he isn't that slow, but he's just not elite in that regard. It's what separates players from being average/above average to max guys. OJ is at 15 ppg. If he was able to get in the paint more he would be able to get to the line more, and thus would be at at least 22 a game. His production mirrors a guy who's a good shot maker but not good at manufacturing the easy points, i.e. around the rim and at the line. The mark of a max guy is the ability to get in the paint and get to the line. And that ability to get to the paint and the line is tied in to lack of speed & athleticism and lack of ball handling ability like dude said.

You have to remember that being a good tough shot maker isn't a bad thing, all of the best players in the league are. It's when that's your best option is when you get in trouble :lol: he's still my guy though idc idc idc :smokin :smokin

I remember in the PG thread you introduced the concept of tiers and I have to say I agree with doing it this way. I agree with the fact that the gap between them isn't large at all, you can't go wrong with either. Stephen Curry over both though.
Steph Curry isn't a first tier PG man. You know that. :smokin

And I got the idea from Joe Lombardi of the NFL Network. He uses Blue Chip and Red Chips though.

Yea tiers make more sense. Like why am I trying to figure out who is faster between Wall, Tywon, and Ish Smith? They are all arguably the fastest. Pointless brain rattling

Peep the hands up (hesitation) from Turner

[emoji]9654[/emoji] Evan Turner & the Morris Twins Show Out at the 2013 Danny Rumph Classic: Official Event Recap - Yo…

Good to see The Villain having himself a good summer

the mismatching shorts in that video :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan Turner...talking about a bust. Jeez.

I could see him being traded before the deadline. Iggy was supposed to be the guy holding him back, remember?

Evan Turner...talking about a bust. Jeez.

I could see him being traded before the deadline. Iggy was supposed to be the guy holding him back, remember?

I think Turner can still have a productive career in the NBA, but not as a No 1 or 2 guy on a team. I think he could be a very good 3rd options/utility guy on a good team. Kind of like what Lamar Odom turned into in his best years on the Lakers, but at a different position. Even if he get's there, I guess you can still call him a bust, since he was the No. 2 pick, but I'm not writing him off completely yet.

Rod Strickland is a very good comparison (of course other than the shooting) for Kyrie.

Kyrie isn't super fast/quick. He is more of a shift team dude. Same with Rod. And they both sometimes have they very awkward/unathletic finishes at the rim. Sometimes UGLY shots.

Both will yank you in a second

I think Turner can still have a productive career in the NBA, but not as a No 1 or 2 guy on a team. I think he could be a very good 3rd options/utility guy on a good team. Kind of like what Lamar Odom turned into in his best years on the Lakers, but at a different position. Even if he get's there, I guess you can still call him a bust, since he was the No. 2 pick, but I'm not writing him off completely yet.

He's too inefficient to be a #1 or #2. Like you said, he'd be a good 3rd option. I'm just trying to think of a team that he'd fit in well with...

*Rod Strickland was NICE. Imagine if he played his whole career sober? :lol:

Gave Tracy Murray them hands doe :rofl:

But was anyone really expecting Evan Turner to be anything more than a SOLID player? Yea he was drafted #2 but we shouldn't just look at draft position as that.

Hell, I don't expect Oladipo to be anything more than a ROLE player. He was drafted #2 but he was in a weak draft.

I was hoping Turner would develop into a good player because I liked his all around game at Ohio St., but the red flags were there.

Rod Strickland is a very good comparison (of course other than the shooting) for Kyrie.

Kyrie isn't super fast/quick. He is more of a shift team dude. Same with Rod. And they both sometimes have they very awkward/unathletic finishes at the rim. Sometimes UGLY shots.

Exactly, boys don't remember how nasty Rod was...

Side note: Y'all do realize that Rod is his pops childhood friend and actually Kyrie's literal Godfather. Right?

Side note: Y'all do realize that Rod is his pops childhood friend and actually Kyrie's literal Godfather. Right?

Not to be a jerk but I think that's been pointed out about 3 or 4 times over the last few pages.

i dont know why but i laughed when i saw this
illuminati? 
nerd.gif

Not to be a jerk but I think that's been pointed out about 3 or 4 times over the last few pages.

Cool, I must have read over it.

But was anyone really expecting Evan Turner to be anything more than a SOLID player? Yea he was drafted #2 but we shouldn't just look at draft position as that.

Hell, I don't expect Oladipo to be anything more than a ROLE player. He was drafted #2 but he was in a weak draft.

I think Oladipo is going to be an all star eventually.

Can someone get me a total of how many shots westbrook took last year and how many rose took his mvp year? If westbrook had his own team, hed prolly average 26 ish on closer to 40% shooting than 45.

Can someone get me a total of how many shots westbrook took last year and how many rose took his mvp year? If westbrook had his own team, hed prolly average 26 ish on closer to 40% shooting than 45.

Looking at the numbers they were damn near identical. Russy had a helluva season last year.

Russy took 19.3 shots per 36 minutes and his usage rate was 32.8.

Rose in his MVP year took 19.0 shots per 36 minutes and his usage rate was 32.2.

So basically identical.

Looking at the numbers they were damn near identical. Russy had a helluva season last year.

Yep. But it wasnt considered an MVP season because there was not a compelling storyline to go with his stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom