Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper, yes, the East should be improved.  But this wouldnt be the first time that on paper, the East will be improved.  So yeah, I will have to see it to  believe it.

And btw, the Heat winning two consecutive titles is a completely irrelevant idea when talking about the strength of the conference in general.  Yeah the Heat have been amazing for the past two seasons.  But that doesnt make the conference strong.  
but what years were we expecting this many teams to be 50+ win good in the east?  first time in a long time that i can remember..

nd the heat are headlining that conference, so that why i brought them up...we cant argue strength of conferences without adding in the 2x champs.. 

D.Rose will go back to being D.Rose.

All I have to say is, a scoring point such as himself has NEVER won an NBA title as a first option. :nerd:

:lol: Rose just may be the dumbest player in the league.

Can score the hell out of the basketball though.

My bold prediction is that he has another major injury (possibly career-ending). I hope it doesn't happen but I think he'll be playing scared and that's the worst thing you can do.

[IMG]

Last edited:
seeing all of this scrutiny, and backlash towards d12, is unfair, slightly bias, and it completely absolves, the lakers ownership, dantoni and kobe in the role they played in d12 not having a better year. True injuries played a part. But I think it was naïve, and rather foolish mindset to think you was getting 09 d12, when the team, and the players and how it was constructed was damn near polar opposites.

When you look at it d12 is a ball dominant center. He has played his entire career, in which the offense was ran thru him and the tempo, style of play etc... catered to his strengths.

They basically tried to one run a modified run and gun offense, and in a sense put d12 as a pick n roll, slash type player ala what dantoni did with amare. Second the never really set up any plays to get him involved. It was basically kobe playing iso, nash playing pick n roll/pick n pop with gasol...them penetrating and setting up perimeter players for easy jumpers.. And d12 was basically "just there" He more or less in most part played a overpaid/glorified role similar to what Tyson chandler plays for the knicks.

In most part his role on the team was your not really a option, your more of a clean up guy/bail out player, you gets his touches on some get it how you live. Matter of fact that's been the lakers outlook on big men since shaq left.

Once kobe took the reigns, they haven't made the in and out game a focal point. In all honesty they completely went away from it.  They became a iso/perimeter team. That's not to d12 strength. Nor it didn't make since, to expect a player who played in an exact opposite style offense, with a ball dominating player in kobe (a type of player he has never played with) plus being injured, to give you the same production of eastern conference champ d12.

I rather see Asik on the Thunder. Westbrook/Lamb/Durant/Ibaka/Asik is pretty darn good imo. Thunder don't really have nothing to offer though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom