Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

:stoneface:

Sheeeaaab!!!!!!!

If you are a true Hawks fan  :wow:  you know there are at least two, maybe three players overall better than Joe regarding all sides of the court, effort, basketball iq, and not trying to play KOBESKETBALL....  Joe & Smith were a damn cancer to the hawks for years :x

Come at me brah  :tongue:   [cool joke ends]

And why you banned on the NBA thread bro??? Don't give ATL da NT bad vuju bae.  Just let dem trolls roll off ya mane
I was banned for "trolling." I'll just leave it at that. As for players better than Joe and Lopez right now, the Bucks and celtics do not have a player of either of those 2 players caliber. If u think so tho, I'm interested in who u think they are? No way u gonna name a C better than lopez right now in the whole eastern conference playoffs. I guess Pau would be close. Id still go with Brook tho. Joe is a good player. Jus not a leader. He's still a 6-9 guard that can easily get his own shot at any time over damn near anyone. And a good defender better that he gets credit for. He's not getting 23 million a season for nothing. Just not a superstar.

Last edited:
I agree

The Nets are a tougher draw than the Bucks or Celtics
It's not even close, Brooklyn is def the better team than Boston and Milwaukee are. Not to mention that other thing. Everybody says that matters. Experience. Bucks and celtics have zero. I know Boston and Milwaukee are gritty teams but they have nowhere near the talent and experience that Bky has. Jus look at what Deron Williams did in game 4. Who saw that coming. Scroes 35 AND hits a miracle 3 from the scorers table with a minute to go up 1. That was just ridiculous. If Atlanta makes it out this series now, it will have been a great test and a positive for us. Ready for the Wiz. Much better matchup for Atlanta. No more Brook Lopez to worry about. Which is huge. Dude been playing like the best center in the league the 1st 4 games. Was off last night tho. Horford finally outplayed him for the first time in the series.

Last edited:
Guarantee Everybody knows about Demarre Carroll now. Dude has saved our *****. Easily been our best player this series. That man is bout to get paid big time. ATL better pay that man. He may just be worth 9-10 mill a year. And they damn sure got it to spend. Tony Ressler seems like a dude not scared to Spend it either. Was nice to have him sittin front row last night with a PACKED LOUD PHILLIPS ARENA.

I'm taking OJ, MCW, Middleton and Giannis over anybody on Brooklyn not named Brook Lopez
Lol ok. OJ over Joe Johnson? Doesn't OJ Come off the damn bench? Nowhere near the player joe is. Why he's not getting 20 mil a year and never will. Giannis is 20 years old. Jus a kid man. MCW is trash and has been all season. 23 years old. Him and Giannis are just kids man. Thise may turn out to be really good but they're not their yet. OJ never was. Middleton is still just a kid as well. No playoff experience. And still just having Brook is huge. That dude bout to get paid this offseason too. Max dollars. Bky is a team full of grown men. Sorry but I can't take giannis, Middleton, and Mayo over Lopez, Johnson, and Williams/Jack hell throw Thad in there too. He's been a problem for the hawks all season. Even when he was in Minny. Really solid physical player. Was a straight up steal getting him for dude who was 1 step away from being in a wheel chair out there on the court. Worst trade I've seen in a while in the nba. Silver should have blocked it. Felt sorry for bky and let them let get Thad and let old *** kg go to try to buy the timberwolves. What a complete joke.

Last edited:
Joe been washed all year too. I mean I don't get how you can compare player to player now but been preaching team basketball all year in regards to your squad.

The Bucks are a better team then Brooklyn ..not to mention Lionel Hollins is trash

All year doesn't matter. Joe wasn't washed none of them were. Maybe deron. But then he puts up 35 in game 4. Lopez had injuries. No team with the highest payroll in the league is suppose to be as bad as bky was. And they weren't. I never bought it. They're proving it now. And I'm not surprised. 3 all stars over there. 1 former team usa. And Lionel has done some great coaching since the all star break and this playoffs. What does me preaching team basketball have anything to do with comparing players? Hawks have to play team basketball or they will lose. They don't have a Brook Lopez to just throw it to. Or a Joe Johnson(age 33) who STILL is a tough guard for any lock down defender. Dude was out there playin PF last night and guarding Millsap.

Last edited:
By your reasoning Cavs and Bulls >> Hawks

Bron and Kyrie >> Anybody on the Hawks

The collection of Rose, Butler, Noah, Pau , Gibson > Hawks

Yall struggling with an inferior squad man lol it is wat it is like u said 08 Celtics went 7 against yall and the Spurs got took to 7 last year

It's no reason to over exaggerate your opponent

By your reasoning Cavs and Bulls >> Hawks

Bron and Kyrie >> Anybody on the Hawks

The collection of Rose, Butler, Noah, Pau , Gibson > Hawks

Yall struggling with an inferior squad man lol it is wat it is like u said 08 Celtics went 7 against yall and the Spurs got took to 7 last year

It's no reason to over exaggerate your opponent
Why is chicago strugglin with Milwaukee? Why did San Antonio struggle with Dallas last year as a 1 vs 8. See how they turned out. And even in the east last season the 1 seed pacers needed 7 games to Finish off an al horfordless atlanta first round. And didn't u hear Kevin Love is done. Cleveland is done. And Chi and Cle gotta play each other round 2 anyway so one of those teams is gonna be a 2nd round exit. Even with love down tho, if chi can't close put a bunch of kids with Milwaukee they may not be able to beat a minus kevin love cavs team. I'm not exaggerating my point. I'm just making an obvious one.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with you bro. If yall play the way yall been playing all season yall should beat the Wiz in no less than 6 and then hopefully beat Cleveland

I'm jus taking the Bucks over the Nets any day of the week

I'm not disagreeing with you bro. If yall play the way yall been playing all season yall should beat the Wiz in no less than 6 and then hopefully beat Cleveland

I'm jus taking the Bucks over the Nets any day of the week
I got cha. +1. I did misread that, I apologize. Bucks have a 63 mil dollar payroll. Mayo the highest paid player at 8 mil this season. Cheapest in playoffs besides the hawks. Bky has a 90 mil dollar payroll. And i agree except for the nets not being better than the Bucks. Could just be a bad matchup for both teams. Maybe Chicago would have swept Brooklyn and the hawks would have swept Milwaukee. Brook Lopez is just giving us all kinds of problems. Wiz got nobody even in his league. Got some big dudes over there but if they plan on going small against us like they did Toronto with Pierce at the 4, it's gonna play right into our hands. I'd except them to go back to their big team and try to beat us up like bky is doing us right now. Thad and Brook have been beating the **** out of horford and millsap physically. As for Chi and Cleveland being better than atlanta I'll wait to see them play. Not the same without love now tho. Cant imagine how cleveland fans feel right now. Don't worry it'll sink in eventually lol. They're done the media is just too scared to go off lbj nutsuc for a day so they're trying to break it to Cleveland fans easily :lol: If atl even makes it that far which they have as good a chance as anybody to advance to the conference Finails with a 2nd round series against the Wiz. I love our chances. Couldnt be any better. If they get back to that team that won 19 in a row, or even close they will. Even if is doing it without thabo now. Who we are missing like CRAZY.

Last edited:
Dunno why Bud wont play Mack over Schröder. At all. Mack is a much better defender and alot less reckless. But who am I? Bud is the coach of the year. Prob don't wanna mess with Schröders confidence. He hadnt been right since he broke his toe. And neither has Mike Scott been right since he broke his toe. Sure would have been nice to have Thabo coming off the bench right now............Bazemore and his lack of experience and size and shooting doesn't even come close to what thabo would be giving us. That 35 point game by d will in game 4 would have never happened had we had thabo. Or half of this Jarrett Jack bs. Thabo guards the 1, 2 and 3 all effectively. 7-2 wingspan. Tons of playoff experience. Biggest free agent signing of the off season.

Last edited:

Can we talk about the Hawks @rck3sactown  ?
bro you see DMC blow up last night? I tried tell yall bout him all season.... I even swooped him up early in the re-draft thread... I knew he meant business when he mentioned in the offseason he had been working on his shooting and would come into this season as the "black Kyle Korver" 
laugh.gif

Horford tho. Proving he's the leagues best center as per usual.

Nobody. 

Literally nobody, listened to me. 

SMH

Millsap seems to be more hurt than he's letting on.... hope he gets healthy going forward.........

Last edited:
bro you see DMC blow up last night? I tried tell yall bout him all season.... I even swooped him up early in the re-draft thread... I knew he meant business when he mentioned in the offseason he had been working on his shooting and would come into this season as the "black Kyle Korver" :lol:

Horford tho. Proving he's the leagues best center as per usual.

Nobody. 

Literally nobody, listened to me. 

SMH

Millsap seems to be more hurt than he's letting on.... hope he gets healthy going forward.........
Lol u ain't mentioned nothing. Only hawks talk u ever did was talk about German Rondo. Thats been about your limit on hawks basketball talk this season. And your best line "can we talk about the hawks please?" And posting this picture repeatedly. View media item 1514327same goes for your partner in crime Nelson, except he's a bit more disrespectful.

Last edited:
Somebody say something bout taking Giannis over Joe Johnson right now? :lol: kid just tried to take Dunleavy out and got himself ejected for just being mad. Bulls messing around with them kids in Milwaukee. Should have never went 6 games. Not like the Bucks have any all stars, savvy vets or playoff experience or anything for that matter. And they were gonna take out the Cavs with Kevin Love? :lol: experts are as clueless as the fans are. Must be a helluva job tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom