OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Dudes be letting award shows tell them what's good and what's not and what they should and shouldn't like.

Thinking someone deserves praise is something to be upset about for a while but no reason to claim the culture has been insulted and this is the end of rap when the establishment giving out the awards has been known for it's ******* towards hip hop.

QFT

Yep.

Grammys mean not a damn thing to me in terms of what's good music.  All they are is entertainment.  

laugh.gif
 @ dudes really thinking Kendrick was going to win.  
I think sometimes we get upset is cause the good music we like is the one we wish will win sometimes.......

Won't ever forget the 50, Ye, and Kendrick

I need P to win that Oscar tho..
That damn "Happy" song, if that doesn't bring you out of a bad mood, lol

Far from outraged

Should have expected some nters to be ignorant and intolerant
What is ignorant is your continued misunderstanding of what has been said.

If you think ppl disliking that sideshow is intolerance for gay marriage then it is clear whose ignorance reigns supreme but I wouldn't expect you to back down now since you assumed something and called me out and won't turn back now.

Clown status.

I'm not misunderstanding anything... You think it was a sideshow, yet you agree with the message.
So if you understand that explain how I am ignorant and intolerant.

Intolerant of things I don't like? Spectacles? Corny sideshows and gimmicks?

What am I ignorant of? That the message needs to be spread constantly? Was the song not enough? Is it not being spread though constantly and consistently?

As far as I see it this is a disagreement of taste not of civil rights or civil rights awareness.

But the fact is they make it a spectacle for a reason. If you don't continue to hammer a clearly unjust principle, no change will occur.

People should realize that. It's still only legal in afew states
That's irrelevant to what I'm talking about though. I'm not ignoring the point they tried to make I'm knocking how they did it.

If you wanna say the song wasn't enough and they needed to have dozens of couples get a 2 minute ceremony in the aisles of the Grammy audience while Madonna dressed up like Colonel Sanders and sang as a band marched out was necessary for change to occur then we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Thinking someone deserves praise is something to be upset about for a while but no reason to claim the culture has been insulted and this is the end of rap when the establishment giving out the awards has been known for it's ******* towards hip hop.

Political or not, the Grammy's are the most prestigious award in music period, it's not even debatable. I wish it was different but there the only award to means anything and will be remembered in History. I wish Hip Hop had its own award of actual merit but we don't we have **** like the BET awards. That's why when it comes to the Rap categories it should be a time where they get **** right, I ain't asking them to give us Album Of The Year

Last edited:
pusha t, action bronson, or roc marciano win anything?
Pusha GOTTA win a hip hop award man
I swear I ain't been a fan since grindin
But that album is FLAMES
he definitely had the best album of ALL of 2013 and until now
It's a shame he won't get any accolades for it

Glad maklemore and ryan lewis won but no love for kendrick and sarah bareilles was surprising to me

Taylor swift should thank kanye every night
She woulda been faded away if not for him :smh:
I would smash though

Political or not, the Grammy's are the most prestigious award in music period, it's not even debatable. I wish it was different but there the only award to means anything and will be remembered in History. I wish Hip Hop had its own award of actual merit but we don't we have **** like the BET awards. That's why when it comes to the Rap categories it should be a time where they get **** right, I ain't asking them to give us Album Of The Year
Exactly
Any rap artists on twitter speaking on mackelmore win????

**** the Grammy's. Tell em Zik said that.

If Hip Hop wants "proper" recognition, if they want to take it back cuz they feel it's slipping away they need to get their act together. Make up a real official hip hop award show so w/e the Grammy's done there can be something legit for the culture (Clearly the BET awards don't count).

Until then you'll have to deal with the popularity contest that is the Grammy's. Yall can cry conspiracy and agenda but it's not gonna stop them from moving on. It's like yall forget they refused to even recognize rap well in to '89 cuz they thought it was a passing fad not worthy of being included and even then there was a struggle and obviously the way yall reacting it's 2014 and hip hop is still struggling at the Grammy's.

I'm just not in to complaining about the Grammy's like other ppl do when there's a clear difference.

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to what I'm talking about though. I'm not ignoring the point they tried to make I'm knocking how they did it.

If you wanna say the song wasn't enough and they needed to have dozens of couples get a 2 minute ceremony in the aisles of the Grammy audience while Madonna dressed up like Colonel Sanders and sang as a band marched out was necessary for change to occur then we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

We can just agree to disagree because no, the song was not enough.

Simply for the fact that "x" amount of more people will hear about it and be talking about it tomorrow at school and work because of the "sideshow"

**** the Grammy's. Tell em Zik said that.

If Hip Hop wants "proper" recognition, if they want to take it back cuz they feel it's slipping away they need to get their act together. Make up a real official hip hop award show so w/e the Grammy's done there can be something legit for the culture (Clearly the BET awards don't count).

Until then you'll have to deal with the popularity contest that is the Grammy's. Yall can cry conspiracy and agenda but it's not gonna stop them from moving on. It's like yall forget they refused to even recognize rap well in to '89 cuz they thought it was a passing fad not worthy of being included and even then there was a struggle and obviously the way yall reacting it's 2014 and hip hop is still struggling at the Grammy's.

I'm just not in to complaining about the Grammy's like other ppl do when there's a clear difference.
Ur right but it ain't that serious
I prefer just to be upset on Grammy night then go on about my life
I'm sure a majority of the people feel that way
Just let us have our moment :lol:

Your right..... Rap needs a legit hip hop awards.... that can be done properly..... not the vh1 or bet hip hop awards.... somthing legit. Maybe Diddy can work some magic?

Source awards was the closest thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom