OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Macklemore the greatest of all time :pimp:

All his song on the radio are good :lol:

I sill gotta hear his CD

Man...the Grammys don't give a **** about Hip Hop and I don't see that changing anytime soon. They have those Hip Hop categories there just to satisfy us but for the most part, that's all we get. There's only 2 Hip Hop albums that have won Album of the Year (The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and The Love Below/Speakerboxxx) and as phenomenal as they were, they weren't even straight up rap albums.

I'm surprised more people weren't expecting The Heist to win. It's a Hip Hop album that's relatable to white America. And I'm not trying to take anything away from their success; they've had an INCREDIBLE amount of success. It's unreal how everything unfolded for them but with that being said, they did have a advantage over the rest.

Anyways, it doesn't matter. From my perspective, nothing changes. Kendrick still put out one of the greatest albums of the last decade, and a grammy won't change that.

Your right..... Rap needs a legit hip hop awards.... that can be done properly..... not the vh1 or bet hip hop awards.... somthing legit. Maybe Diddy can work some magic?

Source awards was the closest thing
BRUH revolt tv could be that premier hip hop awards show

This is a serious question........ Why doesn't the bet awards "count". How does hip hop make a respectable award show? What needs to be done different?

The bet awards last year was literally one of the best award shows I ever seen, y doesn't an award from people who know more about the culture count?

Last edited:
Also no awards show will ever please everybody

Music is the most subjective thing on earth.

Just face it..... There are some people in this world that truly believe Macklemore is the best rapper of 2013

Although I'm not one of them, I accept that some do

I just watch for the performances

Last edited:
This is a serious question........ Why doesn't the bet awards "count". How does hip hop make a respectable award show? What needs to be done different?

The bet awards last year was literally one of the best award shows I ever seen, y doesn't an award from people who know more about the culture count?
BET awards is pretty much for Hip Hop/R&B black music. We need a Hip Hop only awards show....... done right. No crappy cyhers.... no turrrbible editing(I HATE THE JOB BET AND THE SOUL TRAIN AWARDS DO WITH THEIR TAPPED SHOW UGH)

See how every year the grammys has all these old dudes perform that we never heard of or maybe dont remember and only our parents do?

A hip hop awards show could rep our vets properly....... each year...... right......

BET awards is pretty much for Hip Hop/R&B black music. We need a Hip Hop only awards show....... done right. No crappy cyhers.... no turrrbible editing(I HATE THE JOB BET AND THE SOUL TRAIN AWARDS DO WITH THEIR TAPPED SHOW UGH)
I don't see what's wrong with the cyphers. They're very enjoyable.

BET doesn't really capture what hip hop is but it's close enough.

Jay Z and Ty look to be giving Kendrick a pep talk backstage

See I respect hov
He knows its a game and plays it well
It's just damn Man U been up there a long time
Bring other folks up there with u
He could start a distribution company for US
Idk man like I'm still salty on the way he did dame but I know he got something in the works
He gonna set the industry on its head
Hip hop is one of the most polarizing genre's
But get ******* on
It's ok though we gonna get what we owe
Word to nas and genuine

Those marriages during Macklemore performance wasn't official. Grammys said it was a "symbolic ceremony"

I don't see what's wrong with the cyphers. They're very enjoyable.

BET doesn't really capture what hip hop is but it's close enough.
I kinda understand what he means
It's to much glamor and show
And not enough showing love to the art and culture and music of hip hop
Like its so much more than just music
It's actually in the way we dress
talk
Even art/graffiti
It's so much that we could take advantage of if an awards show was done right

talk
Even art/graffiti
Like how Tyler Perry found his niche for the urban audience.

So Daft Punk was in the crowd unmasked the whole time and the dudes in suits were dummies? :wow: :lol:

grammy's are still the grammy's macklemore is pop not hip hop he needs to be in a catagory with justin timberlake(is not r&b) pink,pitbull,taylor swift etc..... this is pop being confuse with hip hop once again i think if they cant get it right stop including hip hop once and for all

talk

Even art/graffiti

Like how Tyler Perry found his niche for the urban audience.
In reality he didn't start getting hate until he went Hollywood
I also love how we **** on our Grammy trophies
Like what hov just did and wayne flickin ashes in his

That Juelz, Fab and Jada cypher is the best one to date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom