OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Well this thread ran its cours
Yeah. 

Music is a beautiful ******g thing.  And I'll always watch the Grammys for celebrating and promoting that.  I'll watch it all the way through as long as the performances keep me interested.  

ANd yes, man, it's where they have a category of ONE specific genre and only four or five nominees out of thousands of musicians and countless "genres."  Even at it most unbiased, it's eventually choosing out of the best of the most popular/acclaimed choices of that year. 

All over the world, there is great jazz, pop, soul, classic, reggae, electronic music, etc being made and they could all feel like they don't get fair exposure, but it's mostly about who's mainstream in the United States. In relation to how influential it is in mainstream, I think hip hop,even rap, got its just exposure tonight, not necessarily the correct recognition of what was best represented by actual awards.  

As a musical showcase, I enjoyed it.  2 hours well spent.  

Son. That Kendrick/Imagine Dragons performance was one of the best I've EVER seen. My god.

They set that lil cowgirl country singer up for failure going up literally right after that.

Metallica and the performance with NIN was the best of the night.

K. Dot's performance was severly underwhelming.  If that's any indication of how his own shows are then I won't be bothered to see him live.

The Grammy's as a whole was a disappointment though.  And I hope Macklemore fades off into the sunset with all of the other corny rappers in this current state of hip pop.

Son. That Kendrick/Imagine Dragons performance was one of the best I've EVER seen. My god.

They set that lil cowgirl country singer up for failure going up literally right after that.
Charlie Wilson performance at the bet awards was better

Looking at Bruno mars and Miguel maaaan Michael Jackson influenced so many things
I swear that's mj's style

Metallica and the performance with NIN was the best of the night.

K. Dot's performance was severly underwhelming.  If that's any indication of how his own shows are then I won't be bothered to see him live.

The Grammy's as a whole was a disappointment though.  And I hope Macklemore fades off into the sunset with all of the other corny rappers in this current state of hip pop.

Macklemore just posted this View media item 769006
My text to Kendrick after the show. He deserved best rap album... I'm honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO. And that's taking nothing away from The Heist. Just giving GKMC it's proper respect.. With that being said, thank you to the fans. You're the reason we were on that stage tonight. And to play Same Love on that platform was a career highlight. The greatest honor of all. That's what this is about. Progress and art. Thank you. #grammys

Shouldn't of posted the screenshot of the text IMO, makes it seem as it he was just trying to save face and not have people upset,

Back
Top Bottom