OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Gordon hasn't shown anything and I watched both Charger games. Doesn't mean he won't produce as a worthy RB2 or FLEX but I probably won't take him to fill those roles

i personally never take a qb before i have my team built. rather go with tanny, rivers, etc. after getting the best potential wr's and rb's.
I usually take a QB later too. I'd rather stack up on RB, and WR's. I might go with Teddy Bridgewater this year in like 8th round. I see a lot of improvement this year compared to last. 

Right on. Improvement is definitely there. Easy to see whether it's preseason or not. He's a very safe pick, but as I told JRS earlier, he's more of an efficiency guy. He won't hurt you, but he's not gonna be a catalyst for a fantasy team. I understand the logic completely though, because if you do a great job with other positions that allows you to skimp on a QB until later, he can have value on a team that's well-stacked. They just better pan out.

Arian might be back for week 2 :pimp:

I will always have a man crush for Arian. He has won me some big bucks , BUT he is a pain in the butt to own. Constant game time decisions and time missed but when healthy HE IS GOLD. You must draft smart withother rb's ready to put in. Preferably Alfred blue because if he plays on a Sunday night or Monday night and is a gametime decision you are in a big pickle what to do on Sunday if you do not have blue

Yeah, see, that isn't worth it...I mean, unless there's a great value with where he could slide to, but you're definitely not the only one with a Foster man crush, so it's rare he slides to a point where I feel like it's worth it.

When he plays -- dynamite. It just gets to the point where it's a constant "ride or die" play and if he ends up sitting, it can hurt.

You get this with a few of the premiere backs though, it seems, so the gamble might be worth it in the end, you just never know.

how you guys feel about Melvin Gordon this year?

He looked like **** in the game he played and they've even said he hasn't done much in practice. I'm staying away from drafting him. I don't wanna take that chance that early. Think Woodhead gets a ton of work on passing downs too. Think I remember hearing Gordon was bad at pass blocking.

Repped. Gordon wasn't a guy a had a great feel on, but could see myself grabbing somewhere that I ultimately wouldn't want to based off of the potential alone. Not sure where I read/hear/saw, but there were concerns of him being a bust and it started creeping in my head even though I loved him at 'Sconsin. Hopefully he pans out, but yeah...That's enough red-ish flags for me to slide him over to my "do not draft" list.

i'd put Gordon in that "i'll take him if he falls to be but i'd rather someone else take a chance on him" category

So I can't get over the fact that I'm ranking my QB tiers pretty differently then most...

TIer 1
Andrew Luck

Tier 2
Aaron Rodgers

Tier 3
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

Tier 4

Ryan Tannehill
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford
Tom Brady

In my 2 QB league, I'm picking 5th and targetting Big Ben with my first pick and as my 2nd QB someone from my tier 4. Am i higher on Big Ben then most? I just think that offense has a lot of potential this year. Just hope he can stay healthy

In a league where we keep 4.  12 team PPR league.  My 3 for sure keepers are Leveon Bell, Jeremy Hill and Jimmy Graham.  Would you guys keep Sammy Watkins or Drew Brees as my 4th keeper?

So bummed....my 4th keeper was supposed to be Jordy.  :frown:

Thanks in advance guys.
I'd keep Watkins.

I'm in big trouble at RB position... What RB's would you give up Antonio Brown for straight up in a 1pt PPR league?
Lacy, Charles, AP

how you guys feel about Melvin Gordon this year?
I'll let someone else experiement with an unproven rookie

So I can't get over the fact that I'm ranking my QB tiers pretty differently then most...

TIer 1
Andrew Luck

Tier 2
Aaron Rodgers

Tier 3
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

Tier 4

Ryan Tannehill
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford
Tom Brady

In my 2 QB league, I'm picking 5th and targetting Big Ben with my first pick and as my 2nd QB someone from my tier 4. Am i higher on Big Ben then most? I just think that offense has a lot of potential this year. Just hope he can stay healthy

I don't see a problem with this at all.

Personal preference plays a role, so there's always a disagreement to be had, but I think this is fine.

Last edited:

TIer 1
Andrew Luck

Tier 2
Aaron Rodgers

Tier 3
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

Tier 4

Ryan Tannehill
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford
Tom Brady

Romo and Ryan deserve to be in your Tier 4.

I can't foresee many scenarios where I take either Rodgers or Luck with my first or second round pick in standard league. Although I've done a few mocks where they were there in the 2nd round and there weren't other tempting options

But there will be a huge number of productive QB's so I'm not worried to wait til the 9th or 10th round, depending on when the rush really hits in the draft

Depends on league scoring, I guess, but If I have any chance at Rodgers or Luck...I'm taking. Those points are huge, week in and week out. Sure, you can get "value" elsewhere, but even if guys get those Q's with the first pick then that's great value too!

Depends on league scoring, I guess, but If I have any chance at Rodgers or Luck...I'm taking. Those points are huge, week in and week out. Sure, you can get "value" elsewhere, but even if guys get those Q's with the first pick then that's great value too!
True, I'm talkin standard scoring, one starting QB

If I have say the 10th pick in a 12 team league, Rodgers and Luck will probably be there, but I have been taking Julio or Dez first in mocks. How early would you consider getting Rodgers or Luck?

It is extremely hard to put together a good team if you take a quarterback first. If you are playing with football dummies then you can get away with it but if you are playing with average or above average drafters it is extremely hard to do. One thing that I can definitely advise you is what I call the death pick. If you take a quarterback followed by a tight end or a tight and followed by a quarterback within the first five rounds you cannot win. I don't care who you are you can never make up for drafting that way. It is impossible to put together a good team because you are so far behind. Keep that in mind

Last edited:
Almost wouldn't mind a late round pick (snake order) and be able to take a QB round 2 if Luck/Rodgers/Ben are there still.

I'm friends with 2 out of the 12 in my league; the rest are co-workers of the commish, so I don't have any clue how this draft is gonna pan out. Everyone is a cop except me :lol: .

Last edited:

It is extremely hard to put together a good team if you take a quarterback first. If you are playing with football dummies then you can get away with it but if you are playing with average or above average drafters it is extremely hard to do. One thing that I can definitely advise you is what I call the death pick. If you take a quarterback followed by a tight end or a tight and followed by a quarterback within the first five rounds you cannot win. I don't care who you are you can never make up for drafting that way. It is impossible to put together a good team because you are so far behind. Keep that in mind

I don't remember ever really doing this either. I'm usually picking towards the back end, but most my leagues are auction now anyway. I'd sure as **** still be tempted as heck though, but I'm always grateful for the quick run on Q's and the usual Gronk and Graham in the first round. Landed me guys like Dez and Bell.

We don't talk auction much in here...I struggled mightily last season in my auction leagues. Got cocky and didn't have a plan and it bit me in the ***. I was all sorts of unprepared.

Last edited:
so i absolutely ****** up my draft and gambled horribly. ended up waiting super late for QB and ended up with andy dalton :lol: :smh:

was going for bridgewater or stafford but they got picked right before me :frown:

other options on the market are flacco, cutler, carr, bortles, alex smith, foles, fitzpatrick

i think i'm screwed :lol:

Drafted Foster in round 8 yesterday. Bruh I'm hyped. Gonna pair him w CJ Anderson and Lacy and flourish. Might trade CJ tho for a WR1 since I already have Stewart as my RB3 basically

Btw I think Tanny is gonna EAT this year

Last edited:
Tell me how I did, 12 team league, 4th pick

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Julio Jones
3. Brandin Cooks
4. Frank Gore
5. Davonte Adams
6. Martavis Bryant
7. Christ Ivory
8. Bishop Sankey
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Devon Funchess
11. Knile Davis
12. Owen Daniels
13. Cardinals Def
14. Terrence Williams
15. Matt Jones
16. Nick Folk

Roster:
QB- Stafford

RB- J. Charles
RB- Gore

WR- J. Jones
WR- B. Cooks

Flex- D. Adams

TE- O. Daniels

DEF- Arizona
K- Nike Folk

Bench:

WR- M. Bryant
WR- Funchess
WR- T. Williams

RB- Bishop Sankey
RB- Chris Ivory
RB- Matt Jones
RB- Knile Davis

Might make a switch at TE and kicker depending on how things shake out. Also not in love with my running backs but feel they will be serviceable.

Also no idea how Julio Jones fell to me in the 2nd round, Calvin was still available as well :lol:

Last edited:
so i absolutely ****** up my draft and gambled horribly. ended up waiting super late for QB and ended up with andy dalton
laugh.gif
mean.gif

was going for bridgewater or stafford but they got picked right before me
frown.gif

other options on the market are flacco, cutler, carr, bortles, alex smith, foles, fitzpatrick

i think i'm screwed
laugh.gif
I would rather have Flacco but who are your other players?
Tell me how I did, 12 team league, 4th pick

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Julio Jones
3. Brandin Cooks
4. Frank Gore
5. Davonte Adams
6. Martavis Bryant
7. Christ Ivory
8. Bishop Sankey
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Devon Funchess
11. Knile Davis
12. Owen Daniels
13. Cardinals Def
14. Terrence Williams
15. Matt Jones
16. Nick Folk

Roster:
QB- Stafford

RB- J. Charles
RB- Gore

WR- J. Jones
WR- B. Cooks

Flex- D. Adams

TE- O. Daniels

DEF- Arizona
K- Nike Folk

Bench:

WR- M. Bryant
WR- Funchess
WR- T. Williams

RB- Bishop Sankey
RB- Chris Ivory
RB- Matt Jones
RB- Knile Davis

Might make a switch at TE and kicker depending on how things shake out. Also not in love with my running backs but feel they will be serviceable.

Also no idea how Julio Jones fell to me in the 2nd round, Calvin was still available as well
laugh.gif
Like it all around. Good starters, good depth, I will be targeting Adams, Funchess and Ivory. You even got Knile Davis

I don't have faith in T. Williams nor Sankey but Sankey showed GOOD things last game. Williams is always a tease

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom