OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#JumpshootingTeams

Chuck was right. Screw "Annalittucks".

#goink RT @JoelCSchroeder: @tomhaberstroh 1. Rockets 2. Warriors 3. Clippers 4. Cavs 5. Hawks Top five teams in 3 pointers made.
— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) May 16, 2015
I hate his views as much as anyone but are 3 pointers made the same thing as analytics? srs question 

Not that Charles would differentiate between the two anyway if they are two different things

I really do hope that the Warriors take the whole thing to dispel all of this "jump shooting teams can't win" talk. Maybe years ago but not right now. Phil saying you need to penetrate to win and not rely on 3's, I'm not sure if there are stats on penetration but I hope the Warriors aren't a "penetrating" team and they win to shut him up too

What about the Mavs? A jump shooting team already won the finals. I've given up on arguing the Heat and Spurs because people throw all these other qualifiers into it but the Mavs were a pure jump shooting team. Their offensive was totally predicted around getting jumpshots and getting them for the right player didn't matter who it was.

Last edited:
What about the Mavs? A jump shooting team already won the finals. I've given up on arguing the Heat and Spurs because people throw all these other qualifiers into it but the Mavs were a pure jump shooting team. Their offensive was totally predicted around getting jumpshots and getting them for the right player didn't matter who it was.
I wish someone would ask Chuck and Phil this question about Dallas

They will both probably give all the credit to Tyson Chandler on some Ben Wallace b.s.

"If you have an elite defensive anchor..."

As far as SA and Miami, they'll probably tell you that both of those teams penetrated

Nobody wants to give GS credit for their elite defense, which is what they can always fall back on and what I've hopelessly tried to argue. Not to mention that they have still been able to get out on the fast break even in the playoffs where you're not supposed to able to (thanks to the elite defense)

Chuck and Shaq loved to say that Draymond Green was BBQ chicken for ZBO/Gasol but he shut them the hell up

Last edited:
Jimmy Butler's defense > Demarre Carroll's defense.

Lebron James is not Paul Pierce. I think the biggest match up will be in the front court with Tristan/Timofey & Horford/Millsap

I wish someone would ask Chuck and Phil this question about Dallas

They will both probably give all the credit to Tyson Chandler on some Ben Wallace b.s.

"If you have an elite defensive anchor..."

As far as SA and Miami, they'll probably tell you that both of those teams penetrated

Nobody wants to give GS credit for their elite defense, which is what they can always fall back on and what I've hopelessly tried to argue. Not to mention that they have still been able to get out on the fast break even in the playoffs where you're not supposed to able to (thanks to the elite defense)

Chuck and Shaq loved to say that Draymond Green was BBQ chicken for ZBO/Gasol but he shut them the hell up

Most folks are really focused on the three point aspect of GSW. TBH they do penetrate (no....). They were scoring more inside than the Grizz this series.

They use the three point shot to bury teams after they establish a lead.

I hate his views as much as anyone but are 3 pointers made the same thing as analytics? srs question 

Not that Charles would differentiate between the two anyway if they are two different things

I really do hope that the Warriors take the whole thing to dispel all of this "jump shooting teams can't win" talk. Maybe years ago but not right now. Phil saying you need to penetrate to win and not rely on 3's, I'm not sure if there are stats on penetration but I hope the Warriors aren't a "penetrating" team and they win to shut him up too

I was jokin' man

Was that your Tweet? Whether you were joking or not I agree with the premise 

I want these 3 point teams and jump shooting teams to win out to shut Chuck, Phil and the like up about their logic of  "X, Y, Z type of team can win a title"

lolnah haven't used my twitter in ages

Jimmy Butler's defense > Demarre Carroll's defense.

Lebron James is not Paul Pierce. I think the biggest match up will be in the front court with Tristan/Timofey & Horford/Millsap

Yea once Lebron goes by Carroll dudes gonna be dunking/finishing everything

i'm sure demarre will have his moments against bron. biggest thing for bron is to cut down on his TO's. I highly doubt he will have two consecutive series with poor fg %. or will he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom