OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CFnbxifWAAAi1L9.jpg

dudes tryna take that same L 10 times? There was no play set up. Just a reckless run on the fastest defense in the L. Would've been a failure over and over. A time out is the only smart choice.

STATUS:   Game-Time Decision    INJURY:   Knee    EST. RETURN:   5/22/2015

HT:  6' 8"   WT:  212 lbs   DOB:  7/27/1986  College:  Missouri
DRAFTED:  1st Rd, #27 Overall in 2009   Show Contract

May 22, 2015  –  DeMarre Carroll News

▼ More

RotoWire Fantasy Analysis

+ Add To Watchlist

Carroll (knee) was spotted moving gingerly after Friday's shootaround, KL Chouinard of Hawks.comreports. He is considered a game-time call for Game 2.

Yea, I don't think Demarre will be ready.

If that is the case, Cavs are idiots if they let Kyrie play. 

Let him continue to heal, next round is much more important.

Bron getting 40 points on 38 shots.

Probably. And no way JR goes nuts two games in a row.

thats what I've been telling folks. JR had a great game shooting insanely difficult shots. I got As in all my stats classes..the odds are against him. Not to mention, he got his career high in 3s....meaning...he doesnt shoot like that often. Like Curry, son drops 8 3-s on a wednesday like it aint sh. Jr averages like 3-4 a game. Huge difference between getting 12 points and 24 on 3s. I'm sure the hawks will play him closer too. I think Hawks take gm 2. JR probably ends the games with 13. Brons 31.

JR has been going off though. Dude has shot well over 50% from 2 and 3pt, like the whole Postseason.

He's about to go off, every night. 

It's more likely he Will go off than won't at this point.

Last edited:
Yea, I don't think Demarre will be ready.
If that is the case, Cavs are idiots if they let Kyrie play. 
Let him continue to heal, next round is much more important.

Bruh they need to let Kyrie sit out the entire series unless they want Curry to cook him

I would sit Kyrie for game two and three and then see where they are after three games. Should be 3-0 or 2-1. I don't think they even need Kyrie for this series, need to let him heal and prep for GS.

JR has been going off though. Dude has shot well over 50% from 2 and 3pt, like the whole Postseason.

He's about to go off, every night. 
It's more likely he Will go off than won't at this point.

he's been peaking at 12-15 pts. Last game was an anomaly with the 28. He'll slide back down to his average. He's been efficient, but he hasn't been spazzing like that.

For like the 27th time, he probably thought he had a different trailer. You can tell by his immediate reaction as he started to pass

Nah fam. I ain't tryna hear it, dude was open the minute he took that step back. There was no logical reason for a pass right there

Maybe you should, or else you wouldn't sound goofy and uninformed

It's goofy and uninformed to say that Harden should've taken that shot?

He was open on the separation. He goofed and passed the ball when he shouldn't have. Then he never had a good shot again lol

so..yall didn't see harrison barnes streaking in behind him? he made the pass to try and get a cleaner look, it didn't work out.

calling a timeout sounds great in hindsight because we didn't get a shot up. had we called it and they set their defense, whole thread would've called that a bad decision too.

at the end of the day, we needed to make a couple more plays to win and we didn't. couple calls here and there, couple made free throws, couple 50/50 balls. it's easy to pick at everything, but the game is over. down 2-0 going home. they did what they were supposed to, now we have to come home and hold our court.

regardless, these have been an awesome two games. as a fan obviously, but also as an objective viewer, i'd love to see this go 7. curry v harden has been amazing to watch.

Last edited:
a stepback jumper is a suspect decision in its own right when you are in transition with guys scrambling around. If he'd have taken a stepback and missed, the thread would have been full of "shoulda drove it", "shoulda passed it"

If he had taken that shot and missed I would've lived with it because it was an open shot that he could've got off cleanly. I've seen him take step backs with less separation than that.

That's the name of the game, for your stars to take those kind of shots.

If he had passed to an open 3 point shooter and he missed, I could've lived with that too.

It just seems like he had a brain fart the moment he was open and the wires was crossed. The moment after he passed he probably thought, oh **** I should've taken that shot

Last edited:
For like the 27th time, he probably thought he had a different trailer. You can tell by his immediate reaction as he started to pass

Nah fam. I ain't tryna hear it, dude was open the minute he took that step back. There was no logical reason for a pass right there

Maybe you should, or else you wouldn't sound goofy and uninformed

It's goofy and uninformed to say that Harden should've taken that shot?

He was open on the separation. He goofed and passed the ball when he shouldn't have. Then he never had a good shot again lol

so..yall didn't see harrison barnes streaking in behind him? he made the pass to try and get a cleaner look, it didn't work out.

calling a timeout sounds great in hindsight because we didn't get a shot up. had we called it and they set their defense, whole thread would've called that a bad decision too.

at the end of the day, we needed to make a couple more plays to win and we didn't. couple calls here and there, couple made free throws, couple 50/50 balls. it's easy to pick at everything, but the game is over. down 2-0 going home. they did what they were supposed to, now we have to come home and hold our court.

regardless, these have been an awesome two games. as a fan obviously, but also as an objective viewer, i'd love to see this go 7. curry v harden has been amazing to watch.

a timeout with 8 seconds left is NEVER a bad decision bruh.

4 on 3 fast break. Usually you'll take that. I can agree he should've called time after the first push failed. Not gonna live in hindsight though. We lost.

Onto games 3&4

Few thoughts on that last Rockets possession...

- Not calling a TO initially is the right decision from Mchale, but once Dwight catches the ball at the 3 point line you gotta call your time out. Could've still had 2.5-3 seconds to set something up

- I feel like Harden didn't fully realize he was passing it to Dwight until it was too late. (the one guy on the floor who doesn't have that range)

- It almost seemed like Harden initially wanted a buzzer beater so he hesitated slightly to just attack right away

- Lastly, felt like it was super high basketball IQ by Steph and Klay to double/pinch Harden in the moment

Few thoughts on that last Rockets possession...

- Not calling a TO initially is the right decision from Mchale, but once Dwight catches the ball at the 3 point line you gotta call your time out. Could've still had 2.5-3 seconds to set something up

- I feel like Harden didn't fully realize he was passing it to Dwight until it was too late. (the one guy on the floor who doesn't have that range)

- It almost seemed like Harden initially wanted a buzzer beater so he hesitated slightly to just attack right away

- Lastly, felt like it was super high basketball IQ by Steph and Klay to double/pinch Harden in the momen
t

Seemed like that to me as well, he could have gotten a shot off. once he passed it he was doomed.

Not really. When are people going to realize that they are a very good basketball team. Nothing wrong with losing to the best player on the planet. They wont lose tonight though.

It is when it's literally just him and Pipe Smith out there. And you won 60 games and are supposed to be Spurs East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom