OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbsjmfnjdheguadh.

He and Cuban were FEELING themselves.
Right off the back 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hack-a-Jordan would make Bill Belichick wheeze, “The horror.” But here’s the thing:1 It’s not really about DeAndre. Popovich knows what anyone who watched more than a dozen Clippers games this season knows: It’s hard to beat them with your legs, but you can damn sure get in their heads.

It doesn’t just screw up Jordan; it shuffles Rivers’s rotation, eventually forces Jordan off the floor, breaks Paul’s rhythm, and messes with Griffin’s head. And it sends the Staples Center crowd into a sleepy, surly mood. The nine points Jordan left at the free throw line just disappear into the ether of “what if?” And while we’re all wondering that, Pop takes his team back to Texas, needing just one win in the remaining two games. The fourth quarter of last night’s game began at 1 a.m. on the East Coast. Are you not entertained? Gregg Popovich, resplendent in khakis and an open collar, couldn’t care less.

:smokin

Alex Kennedy [emoji]10004[/emoji] @AlexKennedyNBA

Blake Griffin has 119 pts, 67 rebs, 36 asts this round. Oscar Robertson is only other player with those numbers in first 5 games of a series
5:53 AM - 29 Apr 2015

this reads like a suoer random stat. Like on a tuesday in a leap year on a back to back played in the afternoon. But blake really has improved hos game.

CP fans are the nerdy advanced stats type. yes im generalizing. Idgaf. Get him some ******* orange slices and a goo job good effort ribbon.

all roads end here. you want to make it to the wcf, you gotta go through san antonio at some point. it was just like the celtics when they had the monster team and kept beating dwades heat and brons cavs. eventually bron grew in his game (and also joined forces) but they got over that hump and it was smooth sailing after. no matter what rd the game was played, for them, that was there ECF. Same with this series. If Blake goes into Bron 'Soon" mode, then he could keep pushing through the spurs to victory. I dont know if his game and mentality is there yet tho. Bron was like 28. Blake is 25. If the clips can somehow get past the spurs, i think the other series' would be way easier. They'd probably dominate the rockets and run over a hobbled memphis. gsw would be tough if they met, but that can go either way i think.

[quote name="lawdog1"][quote name="DarthSka"]As much crap as we give the refs (and it's absolutely deserved), I want to give MAJOR props to the refs on this one. :smokin

Not for giving the Spurs the game (because they didn't), but for NOT giving the Clippers the game.

Watching it real time, I thought for SURE Blake was going to the line on the block and then strip. Not because he was fouled, but because that's what the refs do, and he knows it. Go to the basket, get contact, *tweet*

But nah. :smokin[/quote]BUT, when Spurs like TP and Manu were forcing contact on the other end, they generally were getting the calls. Because, like you said, that's what refs do . . . in some cases. And its easy for Simmons or whoever else to say Clips need to just shut up and play but, speaking from my own personal experience, if you feel like you/your team is consistently on the short end of the officiating its pretty hard not to complain. (Yes, I have gotten T'd up in rec league games -- shrugs --). I mean, in the third quarter Blake got called for travelling on a break away after a Clippers steal. I don't think I've seen that call made in the regular season, let alone in a pivotal playoff game. I get why the Clips were frustrated.

All that said, the refs are not why we lost. We lost because of our inability to hit from deep, giving up numerous critical offensive rebounds and our bench being basically useless.[/quote]No, I'm with you. Completely. I'm still hot over the officiating in Final Four UK/Sconsin game. >:

I get it.

BUT... on here, this is me, the fan. I fan different than I play/coach. I've coached my son's teams a few times, and I play the same way I coach, exactly how I was saying earlier: there are no refs. On here, I complain about the refs, and if I feel like my team got jobbed, I say it. I said it nonstop during that UK game. But if I were coaching that game, or if I were in that game, I would have maybe said a couple words, yeah, but for the most part, my focus would have been on the game.

Here, I have no ability to focus on the game, so I complain about refs.

I get it.

And I think refs 'feel' the teams/players who focus on them instead of the game, and who focuses on the game instead of them.

The Clippers are one of those teams on the wrong side of that feeling. Sheed's Blazers. Webber's Kings. CP's Clippers. :\

Blake has done all he can do, if they lose I don't think you can put anything on him besides that turnover in Game 2.

Completely agree that the advantage of hack-a-Jordan is not the points DeAndre leaves on the table, its what slowing the game up in that way does to everyone else. I get why Doc likes to stick with DJ in those situations, but he let it go on way too long last night. Can't have Blake, CP3 and JJ not getting any shots at all for 5 minute stretches.

Alex Kennedy [emoji]10004[/emoji] @AlexKennedyNBA

Blake Griffin has 119 pts, 67 rebs, 36 asts this round. Oscar Robertson is only other player with those numbers in first 5 games of a series
5:53 AM - 29 Apr 2015

this reads like a suoer random stat. Like on a tuesday in a leap year on a back to back played in the afternoon. But blake really has improved hos game.

CP fans are the nerdy advanced stats type. yes im generalizing. Idgaf. Get him some ******* orange slices and a goo job good effort ribbon.

he's done all that in the first 3 qtrs of games. not impressed. Do it when it matters most. Game aint on the line in the 2nd qtr BG

all roads end here. you want to make it to the wcf, you gotta go through san antonio at some point. it was just like the celtics when they had the monster team and kept beating dwades heat and brons cavs. eventually bron grew in his game (and also joined forces) but they got over that hump and it was smooth sailing after. no matter what rd the game was played, for them, that was there ECF. Same with this series. If Blake goes into Bron 'Soon" mode, then he could keep pushing through the spurs to victory. I dont know if his game and mentality is there yet tho. Bron was like 28. Blake is 25. If the clips can somehow get past the spurs, i think the other series' would be way easier. They'd probably dominate the rockets and run over a hobbled memphis. gsw would be tough if they met, but that can go either way i think.
I actually agree with a Freeze post, that's crazy lol

Hack-a-Jordan would make Bill Belichick wheeze, “The horror.” But here’s the thing:1 It’s not really about DeAndre. Popovich knows what anyone who watched more than a dozen Clippers games this season knows: It’s hard to beat them with your legs, but you can damn sure get in their heads.

It doesn’t just screw up Jordan; it shuffles Rivers’s rotation, eventually forces Jordan off the floor, breaks Paul’s rhythm, and messes with Griffin’s head. And it sends the Staples Center crowd into a sleepy, surly mood. The nine points Jordan left at the free throw line just disappear into the ether of “what if?” And while we’re all wondering that, Pop takes his team back to Texas, needing just one win in the remaining two games. The fourth quarter of last night’s game began at 1 a.m. on the East Coast. Are you not entertained? Gregg Popovich, resplendent in khakis and an open collar, couldn’t care less.
smokin.gif
I've been saying this since game one. I dont mind it because of what it does mentally and rotation wise. Two games now Doc has just pulled Jordan out, that is a win in itself for the Spurs.

[quote name="Freeze"]If Blake goes into Bron 'Soon" mode, then he could keep pushing through the spurs to victory. I dont know if his game and mentality is there yet tho.[/quote]His game is most definitely there; his mentality most definitely is not. His mentality is to win the game by forcing the refs' hand.

I've been saying this since game one. I dont mind it because of what it does mentally and rotation wise. Two games now Doc has just pulled Jordan out, that is a win in itself for the Spurs.

He didn't take him out soon enough last night, especially considering Big Baby has been our only consistently serviceable back up player this series.
I actually agree with a Freeze post, that's crazy lol

I think Blake's conditioning has something to do with it. Dude looks exhausted come 4th quarter. Thats why he settles for jumpers.

i have zero problem with the hack-a- technique. It works and it's within the rules. Exploit the **** outta it. Art of War b. Find your opponents weakness and expose it. Over and over again. Fans shouldn't be mad at pop for using it, they should be mad at deandre for his crappy shooting. Its his own fault. Dirk can shoot fts. Marc and pau can too. Hibbert can. tyson chandler can. That being 'too tall and strong and my hands are too big so i cant shoot fts' is bs.

Last edited:
Blake was gassed last night. Dude is averaging 43 mpg in the playoffs.

That, plus the hack a Deandre took him completely out of rhythm. It's still no excuse, he has to be a smarter, stronger more creative finisher in the 4th, but he's been overall Amazing in the playoffs...and that soft narrative is bs.

This is going to 7 folks. The Clips vs Warriors game 7 was on MayDay last year as well. Will be an epic Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom