Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the game was a let down from a competitive stand point. but regardless of the outcome, i think we know better than to put too much stock in a game in january that will be be forgotten about in may/june.

the main story line heading into last night's game was whether or not the cavs were in the warriors' heads and if steph could actually show up against the cavs. warriors destroyed that notion soundly with 5 to 6 minutes left in the second quarter while steph had a double double by half time. this game had potential but it flopped harder than lebron.

but lemme say this though, if the cavs had won last nite by any margin, cats on here and in the media would be straight up overreaching. "the sky is falling, the sky is falling! the warriors window is closing!" tell me i aint right. any time the dubs lose, it's equated with the end of their dominance
laugh.gif
Warriors whooped the Cavs bad last night.

Steph had a lot of assists which is good for them but his shot is still off against them for some reason.

This thread blows whenever GSW plays the Cavs. :lol:

The rest of the time it hasn't been bad this year (much better than last year).

It's a Cold War between the two teams and fans. It's an arm race when they make trades or sign players such as KD, Korver, etc with every move made to beat the other. It's red vs blue, east vs west. Lol you gotta love the drama

if I'm GS come playoff times i'm Putting KD on Kyrie anytime Shump/Korver is on the floor. LBJ can be guarded by Draymond/Klay & either way there isn't much KD can do to Bron that they can't. Kyrie on the other hand is gonna struggle to make A lot of those trick shots he makes with KD waiting for him at the Basket.

Also i love how aggressive the W's were on the Defensive end, they have to assert themselves on that end from the jump and all else will flow easily.

if I'm GS come playoff times i'm Putting KD on Kyrie anytime Shump/Korver is on the floor. LBJ can be guarded by Draymond/Klay & either way there isn't much KD can do to Bron that they can't. Kyrie on the other hand is gonna struggle to make A lot of those trick shots he makes with KD waiting for him at the Basket.

Also i love how aggressive the W's were on the Defensive end, they have to assert themselves on that end from the jump and all else will flow easily.
Cavs know how to crank up the defense too. What the Warriors always need to win is to go up big. Greatest front running team in NBA history. But if they're in a dog fight all those betas start disappearing and Draymond is stuck on an island passing to a bunch of shook dudes who crank up trash 3's. Talk tough all you want about KD, until that dude can show me some true crunch time 4th quarter daggers I ain't buying him being the difference and Steph has still yet to show me anything of worth in the finals except for some hideous behind the back passes.

I just wanna add.... David West knew what he was doing, just powering in there to separate Jefferson & Green. :lol:

He's one of the few that won't back down to be physical.

Last edited:
West is another Body they need to come in from Early and get PHYSICAL with Bron. Dray is too important and already has a target on his back. But it never fails bron catches a stronger tap then usual rolls on the floor for a few minutes and the next few times he goes into the lane he's either going looking only for the call or trying to run people over in the lane.

The W's mistake last year was them not being aggressive enough and not mentally getting to Lebron. Which this year might just be easier because it's will be fairly even perception wise, the expectations are back up.

Cavs know how to crank up the defense too. What the Warriors always need to win is to go up big. Greatest front running team in NBA history. But if they're in a dog fight all those betas start disappearing and Draymond is stuck on an island passing to a bunch of shook dudes who crank up trash 3's. Talk tough all you want about KD, until that dude can show me some true crunch time 4th quarter daggers I ain't buying him being the difference and Steph has still yet to show me anything of worth in the finals except for some hideous behind the back passes.

Revisionist history is strong here

Last edited:
cavs won 2 games against gsw in 2015 y'all forget about that
but the cavs got lucky cause dray got suspended
lmao
i mean i could easily say gsw caught a break by not having to play the clippers last year without steph
or in 2015 not playing a single healthy team
that argument is dumb man
championships often come down to who is the most healthy around playoff time

Last edited:

all those in favor of renaming this thread, "BetaTalk," say "aye"

:rolleyes

cavs won 2 games against gsw in 2015 y'all forget about that
but the cavs got lucky cause dray got suspended
lmao

It's been rehashed in here multiple times. The Cavs had lost 7 straight games to the dubs, by an average of 20+ points. So....

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink preaching today. Somebody besides dray gotta let lebron know he's there everytime down the floor. Have him go into beta mode and start taking those ugly jumpsuits. Kd on kyrie is pretty smart also, puts a long body on him so when he creates separation with his moves u can still contest n force a difficult make.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink preaching today. Somebody besides dray gotta let lebron know he's there everytime down the floor. Have him go into beta mode and start taking those ugly jumpsuits. Kd on kyrie is pretty smart also, puts a long body on him so when he creates separation with his moves u can still contest n force a difficult make.

Klay has been doing pretty well against Kyrie, but I agree KD on Kyrie would best.

Anytime LeBron knows he's playing a smaller defender like Klay, he automatically tries to post him up.

Which usually leaves him blinded for someone like Curry to come from behind and steal the ball.

I've seen him get picked a few times doing this.

It's been rehashed in here multiple times. The Cavs had lost 7 straight games to the dubs, by an average of 20+ points. So....
so if dray was the reason...
why did they get blown out by 30 twice with him
and lose game 7 at home?
and kd can't guard kyrie he's way too slow
steph abused him in the playoffs

Last edited:
k love has to be able to take advantage of kd guarding him in the post
kd is a big difference maker because he's so versatile.
dude has evolved into a good playmaker and almost elite rim protector.

so if dray was the reason...
why did they get blown out by 30 twice with him
and lose game 7 at home?
and kd can't guard kyrie he's way too slow
steph abused him in the playoffs

height and effort makes up for lack of speed.

it wasn't just dray, it was bogut leaving the paint wide open and iggy with a bad back. Simply put, iggy back doesnt hurt, better defense is played on bron and 'The Block' never happens, because instead of a layup, its a dunk, and possible and-1 if bron bites and goes for it. Potentially puts warriors up 1.

k love has to be able to take advantage of kd guarding him in the post
kd is a big difference maker because he's so versatile.
dude has evolved into a good playmaker and almost elite rim protector.

Take advantage how? KD's just flat out better than him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom