Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best player I've seen live that I can remember is LeBron his first year with the Heat. I know I saw MJ with the Bulls back in the day, but I was, like, 7 years old.

Kobe was washed when I finally got to watch him last season so regrettably, Bron in Miami.
Not eem trying to be funny or anything. This really bummed me out. Sucks that you weren't able to see him in his prime. 
tired.gif

Elton Brand was my favorite Clipper for a long time and I only got to see those Clippers once. Money was tight and didn't wanna ask my parents to spend money on some Clippers tickets. 
frown.gif
 Luckily I landed the Clipper internship a few years ago and then a decent job where I could afford season tickets and see the best era of Clippers basketball along with every current superstar in the league.

Having said all that, Miami Bron. Miami games in general were lit.

Last edited:
I seen the goat in both prime and washed forms. Seen his first preseason game back from retirement as a wizard. Packed house, only preseason game I seen to sell out. And I seen him when I was a kid... was knocked out by halftime.

Kobe was washed when I finally got to watch him last season so regrettably, Bron in Miami.
This is what I am afraid of. Its why I wanna see Bron before he's washed. He's not my favourite player by any means but I wanna see him play.

Last edited:
During this lull in games, I wanna ask who is the best player you guys have seen play live. 

Mine is Tim Duncan.
Watched AI drop 30 or so points against us back in 2003. Seen lebron play us twice but he had his usual mediocre/balanced game.

Kobe was by far the best. It was during his 9 game 40+ point streak. He got booed everytime he touched the ball and still torched the hell out of us for 40.

Never saw Jordan live tho :frown:

This was after that possession late in the 4th where Durant held the ball until there were like 3 seconds left then he dumped it off to Dray for a airball
It's in Kevin's DNA to ball like that in late and tight games. Dray is schooling him right now, constructive criticism right now, but let them not win it and then see what the fallout is, until then, GSW can just try and reprogram him.

Last edited:
Not eem trying to be funny or anything. This really bummed me out. Sucks that you weren't able to see him in his prime. |I

Elton Brand was my favorite Clipper for a long time and I only got to see those Clippers once. Money was tight and didn't wanna ask my parents to spend money on some Clippers tickets. :frown:  Luckily I landed the Clipper internship a few years ago and then a decent job where I could afford season tickets and see the best era of Clippers basketball along with every current superstar in the league.

Having said all that, Miami Bron. Miami games in general were lit.

One of my biggest regrets in life. Had an opportunity to go to a Finals game in 2009, but passed on account of some study hall yambs/exam.

- Seen Kobe a gang of times. He's up there. Most memorable is 05'-06, when he dropped 50 on LAC, and like 40 in the 2nd half.

- Seen about every current star over the past 2 years thanks to the clips, but by far and away the best one i've seen in person is probably steph curry from last season. Steph, and rookie season blake were jaw dropping (pause). Russell Westbrook this season is up there for me too, simply because I was so close to that.

LeBron
Duncan
KG
Dirk
CP3
Westbrook
Orlando Dwight

I'm not gonna count Sonics Durant or Celtics Shaq.

Edit: Actually I did see OKC Durant, for some reason I thought he was hurt.

Last edited:
I was at this game

Definitely the craziest live game i've ever been to. Gilbert and Kobe during that time were both amazing. Kobe is easily the greatest I've seen live. Getting to see him damn near singlehandedly bring us back from like down 11 with a minute and change left to send it to OT was awesome. Got to see him a few times during the 08-11 seasons including a couple playoff games and every single game he put on a show. Never gonna forget this game against the Wiz though with ******* trash *** brian cook hitting a frozen rope 3 to send it to OT with everyone at staples yelling "NOOOOO" as he was about to shoot it, then subsequently going into hysteria :lol:

Gil was definitely #2 after Kobe. That performance was amazing, and that stretch of 2-3 years of him hitting clutch shot after clutch shot made him one of my favorite players. Plus when he sold autographed shoes and jerseys on his site for like $40, it cemented him as one of my favorite players. Still got both of mine :smokin

Last edited:
Best games y'all been to?

Game 7 vs GSW
Game 1 vs Memphis, CP3 game winner
Game 4 vs OKC (22 pt comeback I believe) :pimp:
Game 5 vs SA (even tho we lost)

Clippers/Knicks. The Mozgov dunk game. I'm still way more impressed by Blake's spin move + dunk on Gallo.

Best games i've ever been to are easily OKC/LAC game 4 and SAS/LAC Game 7.

Playoff games are on an entirely different level of tangible intensity within the arena.

My biggest regret is not watching Kobe in person. Went to 2 Lakers games 1 at Oracle and the other at Staples last year both times he was out :smh:

Man I hate oracle arena, glad the warriors are moving out of there. Oracle is like in the middle of hell
laugh.gif

Playoff games are definitely the nuts.

I missed OKC in the Finals here, I was actually closer to Miami than home.

Sold the tickets for heaps though.
Seasons run me 11k, those playoffs damn near paid for the whole Season that year.

Prime Kobe then honorable mentions were 07 Timmy 13 Harden Prime Yao and semi prime T MAC Yao was easily the most interesting one dude doesn't look human

Can't wait for the okc Gsw game Saturday, they gonna be booing like they did Goodell at the trophy presentation.

Game 4 of the WCF when Rob hit the buzzer beater.

I was young but that was the most insane atmosphere I've ever been apart of

My favoraite moment, was when kobe hit that buzzer beater against PHX to take the series to 3-1.

Of course they lost, but that moment..I will never forget.

Fast forward 4 yrs later and Kobe got in PHX *** and finally smashed them after cooking grant hill for 48 minutes.

Best performance was amare stoudimare, he must've dunked on mutumbo 100 times.

Best player was probably lebron. They year Lin air balled a game winning 3

I've never been to a playoff game.

I was at the Warriors Hawks game where Iggy hit that game winning three like three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom