Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is comparing any players to Lebron.

Ben Simmons is the first Ben Simmons.

He's got a very questionable jumper/free throws/alligator arms, apathetic on defense.

But the kid already shows a savant type ability seeing the floor and conducting offense.

One of the best finishers at the rim coming into the league I can remember recently.

Already is bigger and faster than most 4's in the league besides the outliers. Also profiles to be an elite rebounder and will forever be a mismatch in transition.

You add to the fact that he's already a mismatch but can run PnR with ******* Joel Embiid for the next 6 years?

He's going to succeed, not saying he's going to be a MVP or potentially even the best player on the team but his ceiling is as high as any prospect recently besides KAT.

All this. Not to mention that he is a very smart player and is also a gym rat. I think it was Buc Em who follows his snapchats and says he practices until 1:00am or something like that.

It's very unfortunate we will not get to him play this year as talks about Simmons will be somewhat theoretical until he steps on the floor. Also, his play should heavily affect our draft strategy this year. To not to get to see him play is a big blow. But at least we know now and can accept the fact.

Jokic probably the biggest lowkey story of the league so far to me.

Obviously his rookie year in limited minutes he showed special ability.

But the things he's done this year are just mind blowing.

Dude was putting up 24/14/6 on 59% shooting before the AS break. :x

What even is that?

Convo should be more about him and KAT than KP and KAT.

What even is that?

Convo should be more about him and KAT than KP and KAT.

To me he's as good as any young big in the league.

All this. Not to mention that he is a very smart player and is also a gym rat. I think it was Buc Em who follows his snapchats and says he practices until 1:00am or something like that.

It's very unfortunate we will not get to him play this year as talks about Simmons will be somewhat theoretical until he steps on the floor. Also, his play should heavily affect our draft strategy this year. To not to get to see him play is a big blow. But at least we know now and can accept the fact.

I'm worried for y'all because I feel like Colangelo will blow the draft.

There are so many great prospects that it's hard to miss in the top 8 but I'm not putting anything past him.

What even is that?

Convo should be more about him and KAT than KP and KAT.[

Was thinking this earlier today. Jokic has shown to be better than KP recently.

KP has been dealing with some foot injuries the last few months and has hit somewhat of a wall. His confidence is at an all time low and the team is all over the place.

Last edited:
Jokic has been on a tear for the past month and a half, but he's also had just as many if not rougher spots than Porzingus

I hate Colangelo for all that he has done for Philly and Toronto, but one thing he does well is draft. Sure he drafted Baringiani and that other Italian center, but he does have a good draft record overall.

He took in Derozan, Val, Timothe late in this year's draft, Finley (21), Nash (15), Stephen Jackson (42), Marion (9), Amare (9) Deng (7), Nate (21), and Gortat at the 2nd round.

I trust BC with drafting, but nothing else.

Jokic has definitely been better than KP recently but he's in such a better situation than KP

KP had Melo/Rose who hog the ball and then just the general chaos of the Knicks organization

Jokic has such a nice mix of older talented guys and young talent around him. Seriously, almost everybody on the Nuggets is solid except for Mudiyay while pretty much everyone on the Knicks are trash.

I like Jokic a lot but he so bad defensively. Not a suprise WCS came out last night and basically feasted. His defensive issues will always lower his ceiling as a 5.

KP has a much higher ceiling as a defender which is why I'm not ready to write off this Jokic>>KP narrative that has developed this year.

To me he's as good as any young big in the league.

It's unexplainable how he's gotten this good so quickly.

The IQ level he plays with is just so high. His passing from the elbow or high post combined with his shooting is just unfair.

He has any move you can think of in the post, comfortable dribbling on the wing, elite rebounder and one of the best FT shooters in the league.

Nuggets picked him in the SECOND ROUND with the 41st pick. :x

So much of success in this league is about luck.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ne-of-the-best-young-nba-players-of-all-time/

Man KP is in such a toxic situation. We need to be blessed with a top 5 pick or else KP and his bad tendencies will just accumulate.

Cant wait for Melo or Phil to leave. Whichever comes first :smh:

This is why I really didn't care for Vlade and the Kings trade. Sometimes you just have to move on from what hasn't worked.

Last edited:
Jokic has definitely been better than KP recently but he's in such a better situation than KP

KP had Melo/Rose who hog the ball and then just the general chaos of the Knicks organization

Jokic has such a nice mix of older talented guys and young talent around him. Seriously, almost everybody on the Nuggets is solid except for Mudiyay while pretty much everyone on the Knicks are trash.

I like Jokic a lot but he so bad defensively. Not a suprise WCS came out last night and basically feasted. His defensive issues will always lower his ceiling as a 5.

KP has a much higher ceiling as a defender which is why I'm not ready to write off this Jokic>>KP narrative that has developed this year.

This is also true.

KP is in a tough spot right now but his defensive ability gives him a higher ceiling for sure.

That's also subjective as well because Jokic offensive ability is becoming so great that when you really look at the points he generates, it overrides his defense which isn't even that bad but basically average.

KP will never have the vision and strength Jokic does either and has shown to be injury prone early on.

Mudiay is slowly trending to the trash category. Another player that got plenty of opportunities but just doesn't get better.

It's unexplainable how he's gotten this good so quickly.

The IQ level he plays with is just so high. His passing from the elbow or high post combined with his shooting is just unfair.

He has any move you can think of in the post, comfortable dribbling on the wing, elite rebounder and one of the best FT shooters in the league.

Nuggets picked him in the SECOND ROUND with the 41st pick. :x

So much of success in this league is about luck.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ne-of-the-best-young-nba-players-of-all-time/

This is the **** i'm talking about (The Article) dude has been playing good ball for two months and now he's one of the best young players of all time :rofl:

HYPE around everything man :x

This man threw dirt on mudiays name

I loved Mudiay pre draft but I'm not a believer anymore.

Murray will end up being better than him and the sooner the Nuggets realize this the better.

There is no reason that Jameer Nelson should be starting over your lottery pick in 2017.

Man KP is in such a toxic situation. We need to be blessed with a top 5 pick or else KP and his bad tendencies will just accumulate.

Cant wait for Melo or Phil to leave. Whichever comes first :smh:

This is why I really didn't care for Vlade and the Kings trade. Sometimes you just have to move on from what hasn't worked.

Move on, sure.

Only get 10 cents on the dollar in return? Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom