Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Johnson is someone I can't understand.

You said he had a good game, and he kind of did. He at least had a good half.

Joe is a guy who keeps playing and wants to start but he never asserts himself in spots where teams need him.

Man listen, last night it was the same way.....in the first half the guy had 2 pts and only TWO SHOTS

Now understand, Favors and Gordon are both out, and tell my why a man with his skill would only take 2 shots?

I'd bet money that Quinn called him a puzzy at half time and told him he couldn't get on the Plane home unless he starting using his skills they paid him for.

End Rant

He was signed to come off the bench and he's old. You really picking apart that he only had a good half? :lol: Joe picks his spots and at this age, mostly scores in the flow of the offense.

“He basically tells me what he wants to do now,” Popovich said of Leonard. “He’ll take the ball. He’ll send the screener away. He’ll decide if he wants to go one-on-one with no screen, no pick. He is much more demonstrative, looks for his shots more. He knows he has a green light. I think that’s the difference. He’s making 3s or he’s driving it. Now he’s finding people on the court. While people are giving him attention, he’s finding people like Patty Mills for wide-open shots. He’s a tough cover. He’s really just more confident, more aggressive, more hungry to score than in the past.”

:smokin

The drastic improvement year over year of the ball handling is the craziest thing. I always felt that was one of the hardest things to fix.

If anyone ever wants to air me out just pull up my quotes on CuhWhy from 2 years. Said he couldn't be a star because he couldn't create his own shot :lol:

-edit-

Here it is, from the 2012 thread.

Leonard is gonna be a star? A wing player that can't create his own shot? :lol:

Hell of a role player tho.

Looks like a lot of people shared my opinion doe :nerd:

http://niketalk.com/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread/34860_20#post_17291212

Last edited:
It's one of the reasons I love hard knocks and really wish we had nba versions of it. I like hearing how the guys really talk especially when they talking ****. Even hard knocks is watered down.

I'm sure there's a lot more eff ay g's and bee ay en's being thrown around that doesn't make the cut.
 your seasons tickets close enough to the  action to hear it all or nah? 

I've heard a ton. The 2 biggest times it happens is after and 1s and oddly enough, during free throws. It's hilarious some of the vulgarities that come out. I remember once in particular, lance stephenson, when he was on indy, told andre that he didnt have a ****. 'heard you aint got no ****, is it true?' dudes were all laughing, and i just remember thinking like wait..did i just hear what i thought i heard.

guys always talk about smashing gfs, wives, callin each other little b's and ban's - han's. f boys. some just speak gibberish.

HIM HIM

Its a product of the offense though. Its how we play, who doesnt get most of their opportunities off of spot ups outside of the big 3. We cant really fault him when hes being told to play this way. As I said previously once Duncan retires and the lineup makes the shift, he will get more PT and touches then you will see him become more aggressive. Hes actually a pretty good ball handler and is long enough to get his shots off the dribble.
What I said.

Last edited:

Joe Johnson is someone I can't understand.

You said he had a good game, and he kind of did. He at least had a good half.

Joe is a guy who keeps playing and wants to start but he never asserts himself in spots where teams need him.

Man listen, last night it was the same way.....in the first half the guy had 2 pts and only TWO SHOTS

Now understand, Favors and Gordon are both out, and tell my why a man with his skill would only take 2 shots?

I'd bet money that Quinn called him a puzzy at half time and told him he couldn't get on the Plane home unless he starting using his skills they paid him for.

End Rant
He was signed to come off the bench and he's old. You really picking apart that he only had a good half?
laugh.gif
Joe picks his spots and at this age, mostly scores in the flow of the offense.
I wouldn't say I was "picking apart him having only one good half".

I would say I give Joe more credit than You, is all.

You call it old and picking spots and scoring in the flow.

You obviously  have not watched Joe in the last 3 years, if I'm "picking him apart" and you are calling him "older and picks his spots"

Dude can STILL score on 4/5 guys that are on him, he just doesn't (as I said) assert himself. See first half of last nights game.

He didn't only take 2 shots because the flow wasn't there yet.
laugh.gif
He took 2 shots because, well because that's Joe for ya.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom