Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ aint getting MVP man. Just let it go

Seriously, just stop it.

Russ averaging a triple double is super impressive and something only he/Harden/LeBron could do.

He's not be MVP though because he's using a historic amount of possessions and stealing rebounds on a team that probably won't make it past the 1st round.

I love Russ more than anybody but he shouldn't be mentioned with Harden/Kawhi this year in MVP talk.

Not just MVP talk though, it's the comments saying that those stats aren't impressing them.

It is impressive. Getting a triple double in today's NBA isn't what it use to be years ago. Triple doubles around the league are at a all time high. ESPN broke down how OKC players do things to assist Russ getting triple doubles. Wall could probably average a triple double if Gortat and Morris boxed out off missed free throws allowing Wall to get easy rebounds. Those triple doubles are a team effort in OKC. Still impressive though.

Let what go? I want kawhi to win it :lol:

I wasn't talking to anyone in particular :lol:

Didn't Dallas do the same thing though.

Did they? I don't remember. I just remember chilling in my boy's garage watching lebron get WIDE open looks possession after possession. First time I legit thought the NBA was rigged. This was at a point when he was hands down the best player in the league and your strategy is to not even guard him whatsoever

He will win it.

Care to wager?

Last edited:
Idk if they give the award to russ I think it will send a bad message. Guys on lower seed teams who have no shot of winning might just stat pad the whole year to go for the award. The pacers bigs gonna be letting pg grab every rebound and push the 1.

They gave it to iverson, some considered him bad for basketball

Last edited:
3-3 over this span doe 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Every year we play this "_____ can win MVP regardless of team standing!" game, even though we all know that if their team isnt top 3 in it's conference (and 3 is being generous) they probably won't win.

I love iverson but that was the biggest robbery of all time as far as MVP awards. He had no business winning over shaq that year.

That Lakers team was LOADED. Wasn't that the year they lost 1 game in the playoffs up until the Finals? Iverson was a one man show on offense for Philadelphia. That 76ers team defense was phenomenal though.

Last edited:
I love iverson but that was the biggest robbery of all time as far as MVP awards. He had no business winning over shaq that year.

Iverson deserved to win based off the way his hair was braided at the 2001 allstar game, every dude hair was braided like that the next week of school, including Mines :smh:

That Lakers team was LOADED. Wasn't that the year they lost 1 game in the playoffs up until the Finals? Iverson was a one man show on offense for Philadelphia. The 76ers team defense was phenomenal though.
Lakers went on that ungodly run of 15-1 which I don't think another team can ever reach.

They gave it to iverson, some considered him bad for basketball

Lakers & Sixers had the exact same record & Shaq had a teammate that made the all-nba team and received MVP votes.

Iverson's teammates didn't sniff any of that in '01, and again, the teams had the exact same record.

Far from the biggest robbery of all time.

I wouldn't call that laker team 'loaded'. They were just firing on all cylinders at the perfect time. They were up and down all year and peaked about a month before the playoffs. They were loaded in the same way Kawhi's finals mvp spurs team was loaded

Lakers & Sixers had the exact same record & Shaq had a teammate that made the all-nba team and received MVP votes.

Iverson's teammates didn't sniff any of that in '01, and again, the teams had the exact same record.

Far from the biggest robbery of all time.

That sixers team had mvp, dpoy, sixth man and coach of the year if I'm not mistaken. Might not ever see that again.

How bout 2 bills? I gotta hedge some of my other bets..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom