Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You ALWAYS go under on LeBron and force him to score from the perimeter. It's considered a victory on defense if he's shooting from out there. The smart money will tell you he'll beat himself that way. LeBron knows this as well.

He may be 40% this season, but he's never had the consistency to do it for a prolonged period of time, especially in a 7-game series.
He never had the consitency too do it in a 7 game series but games 6 and 7 when they played the spurs and warriors he was knocking them down when needed

I think the idea with the switching is to encourage isolation play.

Ideally, Anderson/Nene won't foul him so he's just putting up shots & nobody else is getting involved.

Then when he goes to the bench, you can run the score up on their weak secondary lineups featuring a buncha guys that haven't touched the ball in several mins because LeBron's been iso'ing.

Not necessarily a bad idea unless he still manages to hurt you with the pass.

I'd just go under & let him shoot. Even if he's shooting it well this year.

I think the idea with the switching is to encourage isolation play.

Ideally, Anderson/Nene won't foul him so he's just putting up shots & nobody else is getting involved.

Then when he goes to the bench, you can run the score up on their weak secondary lineups featuring a buncha guys that haven't touched the ball in several mins because LeBron's been iso'ing.

Not necessarily a bad idea unless he still manages to hurt you with the pass.

I'd just go under & let him shoot. Even if he's shooting it well this year.

To me switching is the last option.

The rockets had 20 offensive boards last night, part of the reason was whenever harden launched a three Thompson out on the perimeter guarding him.

Porzingis would be shut down for the season with a sore finger if he was in Philly
laugh.gif

John Wall averaging 30 PPG & 11 AST on 51% shooting during the road trip.

MVP candidate folks.

Last edited:
He never had the consitency too do it in a 7 game series but games 6 and 7 when they played the spurs and warriors he was knocking them down when needed

You play him under and if he shoots the shot, that series won't go 6 games.

John Wall averaging 30 PPG & 11 AST on 51% shooting during the road trip.

MVP candidate folks.

Wall probably won't get higher than 3rd or 4th on voting I still think it's 1-2 between Harden and Westbrook. Tho harden probably has a lead over him

To me switching is the last option.

The rockets had 20 offensive boards last night, part of the reason was whenever harden launched a three Thompson out on the perimeter guarding him.
harden is special because he's around 40% from back there, damn near 70% at the rim and can hit from midrange :lol: pick your poison with him really.

You can get re-screened if you go under and by that time, Lebron is at his launching pad
He took off from the dotted line against DET a few nights ago. We're in year 14 now :lol: ridiculous

Harden
Westbrook

Kawhi/LeBron

Everyone else is irrelevant

I believe it should be Kawhi but I think it'll go to Harden

Last edited:
Harden
Westbrook

Kawhi/LeBron

Everyone else is irrelevant

I believe it should be Kawhi but I think it'll go to Harden

Harden
Wall
Kawhi/LeBron

Russ won't have the win/loss record to win MVP. Some of his triple doubles are manufactured. OKC bigs don't even go for rebounds off missed free throws. They box out so Russ can get them.

Nothing LeBron or Kawhi is doing was unexpected. They are playing as we expected and their teams are where we expected them to be.

Washingtons turn around was unexpected. Not only did they turn it around but they've done so in historic fashion. Only team in NBA history to start 2-8 and reach 15 games above .500. 16-8 vs the West everyone claims is superior while Cleveland is 14-12.

Last edited:
Crazy how much Ive been seeing averaging a triple double for a whole season being downplayed :smh:

That's some out of this world stuff man, you can purposely try and stat pad Ricky Davis style and it still would be unattainable.

Last edited:
Oscar Robertson didn't win MVP when he averaged a triple double

Last edited:

Still the dumbest thing I've ever seen from popovich. It's one thing to try to take away the drive and force the shot but they were leaving him butt naked and daring him to shoot as if he was rondo :smh:

Idk if they give the award to russ I think it will send a bad message. Guys on lower seed teams who have no shot of winning might just stat pad the whole year to go for the award. The pacers bigs gonna be letting pg grab every rebound and push the 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom