Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Point Blank they can do what they want"

:rofl:
How Millenial of you

I'm pretty sure that's the worst post front to back I've read in 2017.

DC, no surprise.

C7SbA1FVAAAq0pN.jpg

Sitting out healthy players has become a bad habbit for several teams now.
While it's strategically wise it is distrctful to the fans. Especially those who purchased an expensive ticket to watch the match in the arena.

This league has become so pathetic soft.
Now even the teens on the blacktop play so soft they dont know what it means to play streetball.
I barely have to fight for a rebound and the defense let's me too much space overall.

You know it's getting out of hand when the clippers are resting players. There's no rationale for that. You don't need fresh legs on a fishing boat. Lieutenant Dan is a testament to that

Last edited:
Regardless, the players union wouldn't agree to that at all. Or if the rule was somehow imposed without approval, it would be an immediate issue at the next CBA negotiations.
I don't think the Players Union would need to agree or approve something like this.

In fact I would almost promise you they have no say in the matter.

When it comes to having to do your job, the Union can't just decide it doesn't want to do it's job as a Player, which is play.

What you are basically saying is the Players Union can decide 82 games is too many and strike? Sure.

But approving a rule, hell no, they have no say the same as flopping rules or FT rules for Hacking or KD RIP move. Rules are Rules implemented by the Comission for the good of the game, did the Players Union have to accept those rule changes too? Or did they just become so? Asking seriously...

Last edited:
If they claim injury make them provide a doctor's note from a league sanctioned doc, not a team doctor. If it turns out there's nothing there, no game check. If you're not gonna play and nothing's wrong, why should you get paid? Make me the commissioner. I know how to get **** done

You guys don't have PTO/Sick time in your careers? :lol:

You want to be fresh for the finals? Sweep the first three rounds.

clippers resting guys when they've barely played .500 ball.

"Point Blank they can do what they want"

:rofl:
How Millenial of you

I'm pretty sure that's the worst post front to back I've read in 2017.

DC, no surprise.
That is what it boils down to though.
You seem to be the only one here that can't understand that.

Sorry all of your ideas have serious holes in them.

But keep trying to solve the mystery

Teachers don't get summers off tho. In all seriousness, where do you draw the line? Pretty soon you're gonna have contenders shutting down players for weeks at a time a la tanking teams. You're telling me you're ok with that?

With KD still out of action, cheapest tickets for Thunder/Warriors tomorrow are about $80 cheaper than last month:
He's traveling with the team.
He hasn't done since the injury.

Either he's close to returning or he's just pouring salt in the wound by showing up in OKC when he hasn't in any other City since injury. :sadface

Maybe he just wants to come say hi and see his properties/investments while here though.

You guys don't have PTO/Sick time in your careers? :lol:

In the NBA I believe that's referred to as the 'offseason'. And they're not sick anyway

I also have off season... it's called my days off and vacation time. :lol:

I use my PTO whenever I want, I don't need a Doctor's note and I still get paid.

Matter of fact, there's a lot of careers that implement this.

In the NBA I believe that's referred to as the 'offseason'. And they're not sick anyway
Technically, those two things aren't the same.

That is like telling a teacher they shouldn't be allowed PTO since they get summers off.

Another example.... Thanks DC! :smokin

Last edited:
But your salary is not directly funded by people who pay to watch you at your job or is it? These are unique circumstances that make it tricky to govern. It truly is unfair to the consumer

Last edited:
It's a career, is it not? :lol: Point is.... ain't **** gonna be done! There will always be a loophole

Shoutout to my Philly fans.

Last edited:
Teachers don't get summers off tho. In all seriousness, where do you draw the line? Pretty soon you're gonna have contenders shutting down players for weeks at a time a la tanking teams. You're telling me you're ok with that?

You can't draw any lines.

Again, you are rattling your brain trying to fix this issue. It can't be fixed. If a team wants to sit a player, they will find a way to sit a player. You can call that a "Millenial" answer (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean), but it is the truth. It is just something we have to deal with.

The TEAM's goal is to win rings FIRST and entertainment is a by-product. If they think resting their dudes 12 games per year puts them in a better positon to win it all, nobody can tell them why they SHOULDN'T. They don't give a damn about the fan that traveled 80 miles to see them on the road.

Are those fans going to save their jobs when their front office believes they should win a ring and they don't? Nah. I think you all are failing to look at it from the team's POV.

I AM NOT SAYING EITHER SIDE IS RIGHT OR WRONG

I am simply saying PERSPECTIVE needs to be considered and the fans aren't the only ones that need to be considered here.

My ideas have holes in them?
Fair enough, that's an opinion and you're entitled to it.

At least you're not still trying to teach me the definition of something you don't understand yourself.

Solve the mystery?
Again, it's pretty simple.
If the League doesn't like something or they feel they can improve the game, they usually make a new rule or rule change.

Make a rule, and that's that.
It's not rubix cube difficult.
Its not a mystery to solve.
It's not something you micro manage.
You just make a rule, the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom