Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It needs to be addressed as in what? The League just needs to SAY something?"

A rule fool! :rofl:
A. Simple. Rule.

Addressed. Come on DC. You trolling me dude?

I think it's a mixture of him/her truly believing that and him/her arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:
"It needs to be addressed as in what? The League just needs to SAY something?"

A rule fool! :rofl:
A. Simple. Rule.

Addressed. Come on DC. You trolling me dude?
Again, there is no simple rule for it.

Not sure why you can't comprehend that.

I can't tell if YOU are being serious right now.

Players got more money based on the TV deal, which was based on the networks' faith in the stars playing in their games. Certain tix cost more based on the faith that stars are gonna play in the games. The networks and fans have every right to be pissed off and want something done. Hell on a lower level we have to pay more for cable/internet too

You know, this is actually an interesting sanction.

Superstars are all about checking their stats anyway.
Again, who is going to ensure that a player ISN'T sitting out because of rest?

Yall know a team can just give "a reason" why the player is sitting out, right?

The reason would just not longer be "rest."

Make a rule that says if your injured you have to miss at least 5 games. That would stop resting. If players want to lie about injury to get rest then cool. They miss the next 5 games too.

Make a rule that says if your injured you have to miss at least 5 games. That would stop resting. If players want to lie about injury to get rest then cool. They miss the next 5 games too.
Monday: Kyrie: (Flu) (Game Missed)
Tuesday: No Game
Weds: No Game
THurs: Kyrie (Flu) (Game Missed)
Fri: Kyrie (Able to Play)

So he should miss 3 more games even though he IS ready to play?

I don't think that is a good idea.

I see where you are trying to go there but nah.

Again, who is going to ensure that a player ISN'T sitting out because of rest?

Yall know a team can just give "a reason" why the player is sitting out, right?

The reason would just not longer be "rest."

League doctors. Similar to how drug testing works

Last edited:
I can't believe you guys are comparing this to your 9-5, which gives you a certain amount of PTO/Sick time and ignore that there are industries that do have blackout periods where no one can call off without a valid reason.

League doctors. Similar to how drug testing works
League Doctors can't see/measure PAIN.

If someone has hamstring issues that makes a them uncomfortable, it is damn near impossible to play through that.

How does a doctor decide if that is a valid reason to sit out?

Really there's no logical way to monitor resting guys.

It's just weak to do it on nationally televised games. I'd rather see minutes restrictions that flat out rest.

Ok now you're just being dense :lol:
Nah, I am being real.

You think EYE am coming back at your rules with this, what do you think NBA Teams (who have MILLIONS invested) will do?

Come on man.

Every suggestion presented has SERIOUS holes.

Like it has been said from the jump, NOTHING CAN BE DONE

So doctors and medical equipment are unable to determine whether someone is legitimately injured?
Read what I said.

I said no doctor can determine how much PAIN an individual is in.

I mentioned PAIN

League Doctors can't see/measure PAIN.

If someone has hamstring issues that makes a them uncomfortable, it is damn near impossible to play through that.

How does a doctor decide if that is a valid reason to sit out?

**** up their money or **** up their stats and watch how quickly ****** cut this **** out. 
How could this be done.

If this happens, I agree, I could see it talking louder than anything else.
If you're a starter whose not on the injured list or in concussion protocol and you have a coach's decision DNP, then you lose your paycheck for the game and/or get 0's across the board. Obviously this would require more league oversight, such as a department to double check the injury status of players. Teams found falsifying injuries would be fined. 

Also, to avoid a need to lie, give each team a certain amount of rest days with the stipulation that they can't use them for nationally televised games. 

So players would still get the opportunity to rest (give them like 8 optional rest games or something) and the networks don't get shafted. 

Teams should also have to notify the league that they're using a rest game more than a day in advance so that fans don't get shafted either.

Last edited:
Do NHL teams rest players like the NBA does? They both play 82 games a year. Although I watch the Caps I don't follow the whole league like I do the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom