Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, to avoid a need to lie, give each team a certain amount of rest days with the stipulation that they can't use them for nationally televised games. 
So players would still get the opportunity to rest (give them like 8 optional rest games or something) and the networks don't get shafted. 
Teams should also have to notify the league that they're using a rest game more than a day in advance so that fans don't get shafted either.

I like this idea. I really do. Good stuff dude.

Basically, "Beat them to it" type of affair. Respect

Just give the fans vouchers or something to make up for this.

All I care about are the fans in this situation. I'm not anti rest but pro fan. Buying a ticket to a NBA game shouldn't be a lottery ticket scenario. These last minute sit outs gotta stop.

Just give the fans vouchers or something to make up for this.

Can't do that
What do you give a season ticket holder who paid thousands to watch a superstar who suffers a season ending injury 2 games into the season ? 20% off at the team store ?

Last edited:
Can't do that
What do you give a season ticket holder who paid thousands to watch a superstar who suffers a season ending injury 2 games into the season ? 20% off at the team store ?

Nothing. Real injuries are unavoidable. Resting is avoidable. Play a quarter or reduced minutes. Don't just skip the whole game. Sit out practices.

All u gotta do is put a 0 in the stat column and LeBron would never miss another game for rest

Also, to avoid a need to lie, give each team a certain amount of rest days with the stipulation that they can't use them for nationally televised games. 
So players would still get the opportunity to rest (give them like 8 optional rest games or something) and the networks don't get shafted. 
Teams should also have to notify the league that they're using a rest game more than a day in advance so that fans don't get shafted either.
I like this idea. I really do. Good stuff dude.

Basically, "Beat them to it" type of affair. Respect
Rest games were born from a need. If that need isn't addressed, then the problem doesnt go away.

The easy and obvious solution is to give them what they want but on YOUR terms.

So the player's union keeps quiet, teams wont lie to you about their starting 5 having severe pinky pain

And fans are satisfied you did something about what they perceive to be a real problem.

Last edited:
NBA a bunch of **** bois now. Never was this an issue in the past.
Why do we think it didn't happen in the past?

Aside from the typical, "They were real men back them" answer.

If they had the "data" that teams today say they have that supports resting, would they rest players back then?

Why do we think it didn't happen in the past?

Aside from the typical, "They were real men back them" answer.

If they had the "data" that teams today say they have that supports resting, would they rest players back then?
For sure it happened. I just don't think it was a " thing" teams did in general. The last few years its been the thing to do. I've been to games where players I wanted to see didn't play. It sucks.

This ain't about "protecting players from injury" or "Not showing the competition your hand"

These teams are just following what Pop did for no real reason.

It ain't that hard to manage players minutes. Like I said before Lebron or any other star can play 27-30 minutes for a few games. You easily look at the schedule and point the sorry teams. **** ain't that hard. :lol:

pop actually did manage minutes
he got his guys closer to 30m

no way should lebron be logging 38m at this stage of his career
the sad thing is, the team isn't even competitive without him

end of the day, it's the team's decision. they don't owe it to the fans to play these guys
tix been paid, advertisers bought the spots

Last edited:
And it's not like if you're the star player you can't or don't dictate what goes on with you. Hell if TT can tell Lue he's not sitting down, so can Bron, Kyrie, Steph, etc. What is the coach going to do? Intentionally sabotage his team by punishing them in subsequent games?

If there's no legit injury then you're cleared to play. Everybody plays thru pain every game.
But there's degrees to pain it's impossible to stop this.
Not making it allowed to rest players will just fake injuries who's the doctor to say a player can play if he has a sore muscle.

"Flu like symptoms"
"Migraine"

It's just crazy because when you get drafted into the NBA, you're not just an NBA player, you're an entertainer.

The NBA is in the entertainment business, driven by the consumer. When you signed up to play in the NBA, you signed up for everything that came w/ it.

Crazy how this rest culture has now engulfed this entire NBA.

But I agree in that there seemingly isn't much that can be done. But the NBA will try this summer for sure. I think the  last two weekends on ABC were the line in the sand.

pop actually did manage minutes
he got his guys closer to 30m

no way should lebron be logging 38m at this stage of his career
the sad thing is, the team isn't even competitive without him

end of the day, it's the team's decision. they don't owe it to the fans to play these guys
tix been paid, advertisers bought the spots

Yeah but then Pop started sitting dudes for whole games to be a jack***. Dudes wouldn't even make the trip. :lol:

They should make teams designate rest days at the beginning of the season
the box score solution posted was pretty dumb

Pop has managed minutes and still has had his players looking washed and flabby in the 2nd round.

I have to see the data that concretely shows that resting players is actually effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom