Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many guys coming straight out of HS over the last 5 years would be NBA ready today?

From a purely physical perspective:

Simmons
KAT
Okafor
Mudiay
S. Johnson
Winslow
Wiggins
Parker
Gordon
Embiid
Randle
AD
Beal
Drummond

But in reality any one and done that's a rotational player now wasted a year in college.

Last edited:
I like the trend of these kids going overseas for one year instead of spending one year in college

Get paid and train like a true professional ball player

You know how many college guys aren't ready for the league either? Playing in College has virtually no bearing on how good / bad you will be as a pro.

I disagree. As a athlete in any sport your supposed to continue to get better. If you spend 1-4 years in college and don't improve as a player there's something wrong with that guy.

I'd bet guys like Marcus Smart or Draymond Green will tell you college helped them between high school and the NBA.

I disagree. As a athlete in any sport your supposed to continue to get better. If you spend 1-4 years in college and don't improve as a player there's something wrong with that guy.

I'd bet guys like Marcus Smart or Draymond Green will tell you college helped them between high school and the NBA.

And for every Draymond Green there's a Simmons or Wiggins who literally gained nothing from college.

Of course college can help certain athletes

That is totally besides the point

If you have the talent/potential to be drafted, at any age, they should have the right to enter the draft

You know how many college guys aren't ready for the league either? Playing in College has virtually no bearing on how good / bad you will be as a pro.

Smart couldn't shoot in college and still can't.

Plus, college coaches are going to have you do what they need you to do. You think it's good for John Collins' NBA career that Danny Manning is strictly posting him up?

I like the trend of these kids going overseas for one year instead of spending one year in college

I honestly don't...
mudiay and jennings didn't benefit from it so I don't see why kids are still doing it

Draymond Green wasn't a 1 and done prospect. He was going to do 4 years regardless. He wasn't skipping college.

Going from HS to the pros is particularly for the 1 and done guys and of the one and done guys, almost all of them could have made the leap, and they didn't gain anything from college at all.

How many guys coming straight out of HS over the last 5 years would be NBA ready today?

Simmons
KAT
Okafor
Mudiay
S. Johnson
Winslow
Wiggins
Parker
Gordon
Embiid
Randle
AD
Beal
Drummond
This is a good list. My only concern is the other 50 players over the course of 5 years that would make the jump that would get lost in a bench and out in 3 years.

I honestly don't...
mudiay and jennings didn't benefit from it so I don't see why kids are still doing it
Didn't benefit from it? They got over a million dollars for it
laugh.gif

This is a good list. My only concern is the other 50 players over the course of 5 years that would make the jump that would get lost in a bench and out in 3 years.
We could compile a list just as such for guys who spent more than 1 year in college as well.

Yea I just can't think of any actual good players taking this option. Only Jennings and mudiay from what I know

Last edited:

Well unless you're Kentucky and Duke (now), you're likely only having one of these dudes on your team at a time coming out. Let these kids get their money. If they're good enough their talent will shine through and mentally 18 isn't that different from 19 going to have to learn sooner rather than later how to be a professional.

I think Isaiah Thomas can realistically win MVP if he keeps Boston locked into the 2nd seed. Especially if he overtakes the Cavaliers for the no.1 seed.

I doubt it bro. Wizards already 3rd seed and Wall playing better than IT

This is the best i've seen John Wall play. I dont like him but i'd be lying if i said he's not dirty. He's been making mid range shots lately...

I honestly don't...
How do you begin to quantify this? You're assuming that the one year spent in college would have made them into better overall players today?

That's assuming a lot man...

Plus you ignore they got PAID and are still getting PAID

Last edited:
I honestly don't...

They came in the game a million strong before entering the league.

6 months at SMU and Arizona isn't going to make a tremendous difference. It's a waste of time. Go get that professional bag. Take care of ya folks a year earlier....and still get drafted in the top 10.

That's a WIN

Simmons
KAT
Okafor
Mudiay
S. Johnson
Winslow
Wiggins
Parker
Gordon
Embiid
Randle
AD
Beal
Drummond

But in reality any one and done that's a rotational player now wasted a year in college.

This is all very speculative. We wouldn't know what the outcome would be had they not gone to college and went straight into the NBA. Just to assume they'd be fine or be where they exactly are isn't fair or right for that matter.

Some pretty good games tonight. Interesting in seeing LeBreezy Vs PG-13 tonight.

GSW gonna run over Chicago with no Jimmy Butler.

I can see Blake going for a double double in MSG with the win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom