Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Kenny is catching too much hate. Shawn is a top 3 welterweight and lost a close decision to arguably the top guy. He's not perfect, no fighter is - but he still looked really good against Thurman. Varied his fight plan more than people are giving him credit with a legit jab from the outside. You guys think another trainer is going to bring him up to #1?

No but if he throws 40-50% of those wide punches to the body he wins that fight plus many more down the road.
JCC was never the most skilled guy but the amount of body work he did put him to an elite level. As far as physical talent, I'd say porter is far more talented than most. The lack of intangibles and mastery of skills will continue to cause him to lose fights vs top tier opponents

Thurman vs brook

Too bad chino retired
Brook is saying he wants it, but who really knows.

No but if he throws 40-50% of those wide punches to the body he wins that fight plus many more down the road.
JCC was never the most skilled guy but the amount of body work he did put him to an elite level. As far as physical talent, I'd say porter is far more talented than most. The lack of intangibles and mastery of skills will continue to cause him to lose fights vs top tier opponents
It also helps that JCC was built like damn tank for a fighter of his weight class.

Porter definitely surprised me with the jab. But yeah I can imagine that dude digging to the body all fight would not be fun for any of the top guys out there. Even where he's at now he's probably top 3 or 4 at 147 (Floyd and Manny excluded). I could see him being even more of a problem with some adjustments.

Thurman vs brook

Too bad chino retired
Brook is saying he wants it, but who really knows.

It also helps that JCC was built like damn tank for a fighter of his weight class.

So is Porter. He started as a middleweight

Agreed, I actually really like Danny and Angel but aside from his Khan and Matthyse win, his resume is full of good names he either fought past their prime or controversially beat. I think Angel and his team do a great job of matchmaking for him, and I expect Berto and Broner/Khan to be his next opponents, 2 guys with names that Danny should be able to beat and get credit for. Don't get me wrong I think Danny is elite, but I'm sure his team will stay away from good boxers that can really move and face come forward fighters

Agree

Just was Porter v. Thurman highlights
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
wish I coulda seen the full fight

Last edited:
TR has put a hold for the Mandalay Bay for October 15... 
nerd.gif

I hope that's for Loma-Salido or Crawford-Bradley. I know everybody wants to see Broner get humiliated in the ring again, but I'm tired of seeing him in general. And Pac had a great career, I hope he knows it's the right time to call it

Back
Top Bottom