Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Loved the energy from One Time and Porter tonight, most exciting fight I've seen in a minute. Maybe not the best technical boxing but it was very fun to watch

I'm sure a great fight would be Bradley vs Porter.

Danny Garcia would get destroyed by porters physicality and the size of Thurman.

Did anybody watch the fight prior. That boy swift got a nasty uppercut that punch was picture perfect and knocked dude down. Ref should be ashamed for stopping that fight in last round

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS  7h7 hours ago
Negotiations for Gennady Golovkin-BJ Saunders went nowhere, sources told @YahooSports. Saunders price: $4 million. That's a non-starter.
laugh.gif

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixYS  7h7 hours ago
The hope, as @EddieHearn said today, is that GGG-Eubank Jr. can be finalized next week. September, O2 Arena being targeted, per source.

The Eubanks are just putting on an act for attention. They do not want GGG and will price themselves out like Saunders did.

Porter can only blame himself. Thurman Had ear muffs a lot of the fight it was decent defense vs those wild wide punches.the one time Porter hurt Thurman was to the body and he never went back to it.

I swear this generation of boxers have the lowest boxing IQ and I think it stems from our horrible amateur scoring system.

Pretty good fight last night. Lots of action. I had the EU stream and Brooks was the guest...at the end Brooks did mention he was willing to fight 1 time. I want to see that fight.

I rewatched the fight and Shawn did the best he could with what he had to work with. Kenny seems to be a good father but he isn't a good trainer. Shawn is a one dimensional fighter that can't adjust. No excuse for him running into the left hook all night or getting countered with the left every time he threw a weak jab.

I rewatched the fight and Shawn did the best he could with what he had to work with. Kenny seems to be a good father but he isn't a good trainer. Shawn is a one dimensional fighter that can't adjust. No excuse for him running into the left hook all night or getting countered with the left every time he threw a weak jab.

Kenny gets him in shape, but he doesn't help him w/ a lot of skills needed to win close fights. Shawn stalks you, but also while running into shots all night.

Excellent fight and yeah as someone said Kenny and his training might be the reason Porter has that fight and dog in him but at the same time its some limitations his father isnt addressing. Porter might not be the same fighter if he goes with another complete trainer.

The Danny Garcia jig is gonna be up soon. I dont think he wants a fight with any of these dudes including Spence :lol:. It was a good run DSG

Could have sworn I heard Kenny give him some good advice in the corner (angle off and feint) but I just didn't see Shawn do much of either after that.

For as much flack as Danny gets, which is warranted, when dude needs to step up and fight, he shows up.

Dude has been through the gauntlet and beat everybody that was supposed to give him trouble. I used to doubt him, but now I don't.

I did have him losing to Herrera in a close fight though.

Last edited:
I didn't think Herrera fight was even close. I had it by a wide margin at least 8-4 if I remember correctly.

And I had him losing to Peterson by a couple.
Danny does have good wins Zab, khan & matthysse. But his last few fights, he has been average at best

I'd even say the last 3-4 rounds vs Zab he got outclassed which is a shock seeing Zab fades in every fight after 7

Yeah I do remember him being out boxed by Zab in the later rounds. I cant find my scorecard for that one, might have to rewatch it.

I just checked my Garcia/Peterson scorecard and I have him winning 115-113

Even Garcia knows he lost to herrera. I seen a vid where they were in the locker room post fight and someone in his squad said "dont worry danny, a win is a win." Peterson fight was close, if lamont did what he did the 2nd half the entire fight, im convinced he wouldve stopped danny.

See I don't think Danny is as legit as he gets credit for sometimes.

Herrera was maybe an off night and an awkward fighter, but in the second half of the Peterson fight Lamont literally stood in front of him and whipped his ***.

And Lamont was a little underrated going into the fight because of the Matthyse ko and how Bradley handled him before, but still, thats the exact kind of fight Danny should have been able to perform well in if he was really that legit.

And I still think Danny is nice but I feel like dude is still kinda living off surprising everyone against khan and matthyse.

Agreed, I actually really like Danny and Angel but aside from his Khan and Matthyse win, his resume is full of good names he either fought past their prime or controversially beat. I think Angel and his team do a great job of matchmaking for him, and I expect Berto and Broner/Khan to be his next opponents, 2 guys with names that Danny should be able to beat and get credit for. Don't get me wrong I think Danny is elite, but I'm sure his team will stay away from good boxers that can really move and face come forward fighters

DSG be having decisions gift wrapped for him... But they count as wins.... Regardless, he's looked bad in a lot of fights... He's bound to get exposed sooner than later

Back
Top Bottom