Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

One thing I learned over the years is to not underestimate a Philly fighter. With that being said, I am picking Julian Williams to beat Charlo and Danny Garcia to beat Keith Thurman.

Last edited:
Bud always fought the best available at his weight class

So have other cats that get slandered on the regular.

I see great things coming from Bud, but his career highlights are a snooze fest PPV flop against Postol and an overweight and inactive Gamboa.

Man i know this ***** bud is not fittna fight molina in december.
Fitting, given his trash resume thus far

Who did you want to see him fight that at 140?

He beat the top guy in the division (Postol).

This is basically a stay busy fight for him. Molina is ranked #9 in the division.

Matthysse (#2 ranked) can't return to the ring until Spring next year because of the eye injury he suffered in his fight with Postol (you know the guy Crawford beat).

Broner (#3 ranked) is already booked to fight Granados (#6 ranked) and probably wouldn't have agreed to fight Bud anyway.

Ricky Burns (#7 ranked) fought earlier this month on the 7th.

Did you want to see him fight a guy like Orozco (#4 ranked), Eduard Troyanovsky (#5 ranked), Jack Catterall (#8 ranked), Regis Prograis (#10 ranked)?

Out of all the fighters listed (besides Broner, Mattheysse, and Burns) Molina is the most known and has the bigger fan base.

You complained about PPV buys like it was all Bud's fault. IMO the fight shouldn't have been PPV. That was a bad move on Arum's part.

Complaining about Crawford's past opponents really doesn't make sense when he just beat the #1 guy in the division.

Such a snoozefest :rolleyes

Last edited:
Felix Diaz from the Dominican would have been a good fight imo the guys only loss was against Peterson in a gift decision again imo, gold medalist 1 loss, hopefully one day

There's a rumor going around that Floyd Mayweather Jr is gonna be Broners head trainer for his fight against Granados

There's a rumor going around that Floyd Mayweather Jr is gonna be Broners head trainer for his fight against Granados

Granados by KO

Broner will be too busy trying to impress Mayweather and will be caught slipping :rofl:

Sounds like move to 147 is approaching for the near 30 year old. He tends to balloon to around 155-160 on fight night

But like you said, Molina is a bigger name than the higher ranked fighters.
Plus he's shot and tailor made for Bud.

Easy pickings for the guy that would easy retire Pac

Bud always fought the best available at his weight class

So have other cats that get slandered on the regular.

I see great things coming from Bud, but his career highlights are a snooze fest PPV flop against Postol and an overweight and inactive Gamboa.

"snooze fest" and "PPV flop" have nothing to do with Bud's "resume" though if Postol was still the top dog at the time.

You complained about PPV buys like it was all Bud's fault. IMO the fight shouldn't have been PPV. That was a bad move on Arum's part.
PPV was the only way that fight was going to happen.  If HBO would have been willing to put up the necessary funds, that fight would have been on regular HBO.  Arum knew it was going to bomb. 

I'll reserve judgment on the fight until I know for sure if Felix Diaz priced himself out or not. 

Crawford-Ismael Barroso could have been/could be a fun fight for as long as it last, as basically a stay busy fight.  He probably wouldn't want a lot of money, or have any problems moving up to 140 for a paycheck. 

Lmao Juanma beat up dudes brother who hopped in the ring too [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom