Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

FYI John Molina is a Haymon fighter, so If Broner and Crawford both win their upcoming fights then maybe Arum and Haymon can work together to make Broner-Crawford happen.

Lmao Juanma beat up dudes brother who hopped in the ring too [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Looked like Juanma was the one who got it to me :lol:

Lmao he did eat that first left hook. But he shook it off [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Didn't tell me anything. :lol:

Bradley danced around this guy, the same Bradley that Pacquiao danced around 3x.

Jesse Vargas has always been an underachiever, but now it looks like he's matured both mentally and physically(if you know what I mean). But hey I picked him to beat Bradley, so what do I know. :lol:

I still remember Vargas beating one of my favorite prospects Sadam Ali, and thought Ali was going to be a high rank fighter. So I'll give Jessie a little bit of a chance, but still think he will be dominated, just come forward, blocking, no strategy since he won't be able to match Pacquiao's speed. Waste of fight IMO. I'm more intrigued of the co-main event fight, Jessie Magdaleno vs Nonito Donaire because it can end up a good fight and winner can face Frampton vs Santa Cruz 2.

FYI John Molina is a Haymon fighter, so If Broner and Crawford both win their upcoming fights then maybe Arum and Haymon can work together to make Broner-Crawford happen.
 Molina is a bum and worth nothing to Haymon. 

Unless his matchmakers fail him again with Broner, Broner is getting sacrificed to one of the PBC WW's. 
Jesse Vargas has always been an underachiever, but now it looks like he's matured both mentally and physically(if you know what I mean). But hey I picked him to beat Bradley, so what do I know.
laugh.gif
Vargas and Cooper seem to be a good fit.  The punches Vargas put together in the Ali fight were the best I've seen of him. Ali's chin is **** but the Vargas that got away with some questionable decisions would not have KO'd Ali IMO. 

I give Vargas a better chance than I gave Bradley in Pac-Bradley III, but I still doubt it will be enough. 

Last edited:
I still remember Vargas beating one of my favorite prospects Sadam Ali, and thought Ali was going to be a high rank fighter. So I'll give Jessie a little bit of a chance, but still think he will be dominated, just come forward, blocking, no strategy since he won't be able to match Pacquiao's speed. Waste of fight IMO. I'm more intrigued of the co-main event fight, Jessie Magdaleno vs Nonito Donaire because it can end up a good fight and winner can face Frampton vs Santa Cruz 2.

Who you got for that fight? I honestly haven't seen much of Magdaleno other than highlights.

I'm gonna go with Flash on this one.

Last edited:

Who you got for that fight? I honestly haven't seen much of Magdaleno other than highlights.

I'm gonna go with Flash on this one.

I have to go with Flash too, but only because I know nothing about Jessie or much of his resume. That left hook is deadly.

Paul Gift ‏@MMAanalytics  14h14 hours ago
From Al Haymon's own expert witness: "Haymon has lost substantially more money than the hundreds of millions of dollars he anticipated..."

Chocolatito's trainer had a stroke and is in bad shape ATM.  Probably rules him out for a Cuadras rematch in February and any fight anytime soon. 

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
I was told last night James Prince is representing Shakur Stevenson..... #boxing
So he's not signing with Floyd and Al 
laugh.gif

Manny fights tomorrow and I dont care smh

sad times

illphillip illphillip thanks for posting that

hbo still does the best with build ups to big fights cant wait for 2 weeks from now

gonna place a bet on ward in vegas next week

Last edited:
People still gonna watch regardless. He still the biggest name out there!

And this says alot about it

all the fight fans i know and no one is talking about manny's fight everyone is hyped for the 2 weeks from now

i pray that fight does well ill be tuned in

Manny need to retire, stop pissing his money away and take care of his direct family not all the leechers that surround him

I'm 100% paying for Kovalev/Ward just because there was no he said/she said ******** and two of the best about to get it on in the ring.

You guys don't think the Lomachenko and Walters fight will be close like Ward/Kovalev?

Back
Top Bottom