OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Curious to see how WR-heavy teams do this season. I still have the old-school state of mind and went RB for rounds 2, 3, & 4.

Had 1st pick in my 12-team league and went with AB, but didn't get another WR til rounds 7, 8 & 9 which still got me some quality WRs (Fitz, Davante Parker, Diggs).

Last edited:
Curious to see how WR-heavy teams do this season. I still have the old-school state of mind and went RB for rounds 2, 3, & 4.

Had 1st pick in my 12-team league and went with AB, but didn't get another WR til rounds 7, 8 & 9 which still got me some quality WRs (Fitz, Davante Parker, Diggs).
I honestly think that Running Backs are going to get injured at a much higher rate than what they used to.  With the NFL trying to switch the rules to make the game "safer", I think we are starting to see a lot of players go low instead of up top which is leading to a lot of freak injuries with the knee and broken bones. Statistically speaking WR's are less likely to get injured due to the fact that they are more likely to get hit in the open and not in a large group of people. I don't see that trend ending anytime soon.

Im loading up on WR's in 3 out of the first four rounds in every league.  I don't see the RB position being any less of a crapshoot than last year.

Last edited:

Made the mistake of dropping Morris for Dion Lewis (spent 2 FAAB $ on it) because the ESPN app didn't show Lewis's injury.

Put in a reverse claim to get Morris back for $1. starting the league in a $3 hole if it goes through then
laugh.gif

Cant you just put Lewis on the IR?  Or does your league not have a IR spot?
no IR spot.

We like to try to force trading with a small bench also.

11th pick took Gronk

12 man league

QB Derek Carr
WR Dez Bryant
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Larry Fitzgerald
RB Thomas Rawls
RB Ryan Matthews
TE Gronk
Flex Josh Gordon
DEF Oak
K Blair Walsh

BN:
Tyrod Taylor
Dion Lewis
Jay Ajayi
Cristin Michael
Victor Cruz

Teddy B looks like he's going to miss some time after just getting hurt at practice. Definitely staying away from any of the Viking WRs now. Gurley, DJ and Zeke should all leap frog AP in you decide to draft an RB in the first.

Last edited:
Who's your second RB in your 12-team league
didn't have one at the time.... just took C. Ivory in RD8... followed up by another WR, Tavon Austin, in RD9.... 

grabbing a TE in RD10, and depending on who's available, a RB in RD11 (Theo Riddick or Forsett).... 

hoping people sleep on the Eagles defense and I can get them in RD12 

Last edited:
teams passing on the 3 yard line is normal in the NFL now....

WRs are the stock y'all need to invest in

in the league that I run, we don't use PPR.... it's a point per 1ST DOWN

wanted to reward production over empty plays.... 

receptions, to my knowledge, is the only widely used fantasy stat you can gain points on a negative play 

Well damn. If Teddy is due to miss the entire season, do I go AP if he's there with the 7th pick?

Not sure what you're getting at... that AP is a no-brainer at 7?

I never go RB in Round 1. Which is why I asked.
I think he is saying he would be amazed if AP is there at 7.

Not sure why he had to say it so dickishly.

Last edited:

Not sure what you're getting at... that AP is a no-brainer at 7?

I never go RB in Round 1. Which is why I asked.
I think he is saying he would be amazed if AP is there at 7.
Why would he be amazed if AP is there at 7?

Brown

Julio 

ODB

Johnson

Gurley

Zeke

All 6 of these guys went before Adrian Peterson in both drafts I have done so far.  I would say that 6 would be THE earliest he would go (if someone picked him over Zeke).  I dont know why anyone would be amazed AP would be there at 7.  It wouldnt be a terrible pick to take AJ Green, Gronk or Hopkins over AP either.  

Thoughts?  This is a 12 man league.  I had pick 6 in a snake draft.

QB- Aaron Rodgers, RG3

RBs- Todd Gurley, Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles, Shane Vereen

WRs- Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Allen Hurns, Marvin Jones, Crabtree, Sanu, Rishard Matthews

TE- Delanie Walker

D/ST- Rams

K- Who cares, but Chandler Catanzaro

I feel alright about it.  People are so down on QBs but I think that Rodgers in the 4th was still good value.  I know Dez and DT are both question marks because their QB play.  That could be frustrating this year.

Is Woodhead going to be a decent RB2?  Any chance Sproles or Vereen do anything?

Brown

Julio 

ODB

Johnson

Gurley

Zeke

All 6 of these guys went before Adrian Peterson in both drafts I have done so far.  I would say that 6 would be THE earliest he would go (if someone picked him over Zeke).  I dont know why anyone would be amazed AP would be there at 7.  It wouldnt be a terrible pick to take AJ Green, Gronk or Hopkins over AP either.  
AP went 7 in my draft and I took Gurley at 6 instead.

Who are you gonna replace him with? I'm keeping him on the roster. Never know he might develop rapport with the great Shaun Hill

I haven't looked to be honest. Most players available on waivers would be flyers like Tajae Sharpe, Tyler Boyd or Sammie Coates.

Injuries can happen at any time ... but this is a reason i dont like having drafts before the season starts.

Sure someone cannget hurt 1st play of the 1st game .. but i dont want to draft someone high/mid rounds who then gets hurt in a pre season game and hope i can claim a decent replacement afterwards (who wasnt drafted and prob like 3rd or 4th in targets)

I tend to agree, but I can't get my group of 12 together for Labor Day Weekend and no one wants to draft during a weekday. The weekend before Labor Day is the best that I can do.

Brown

Julio 

ODB

Johnson

Gurley

Zeke

AP went 7 in my draft and I took Gurley at 6 instead.
Smart pick.  I think 7th is exactly where AP should start being drafted.  I probably would rather have a DeAndre Hopkins than AP anyway, but 7th would be the earliest he should be considered.

Back
Top Bottom