OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Pete Carroll said today that he doesn't wanna rush Rawls back and that he'll be ready to start "in the next couple weeks." - http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...awks-will-proceed-carefully-with-thomas-rawls

While that wouldn't make me start Michael, I wouldn't be so sure of starting Rawls either.

As for your question, I'd go Ware no doubt.

That quote that people keep passing around is taken so out of context. He's saying within these next couple weeks, whether it's this week or next, he's going to be ready to start, take the game over like he did last year and get his full load. He's NOT saying he won't be ready to start for a couple weeks like some reporters have taken from that quote. Even at the end of the quote he says that Rawls is 100% ready to go full-go.

14 team PPR draft held last night....had the 7th pick...think i did well

brees
prescott

david johnson
melvin gordon
duke johnson
deandre washington
yeldon

cooks
ty hilton
sterling shepard
sharpe
davante parker

dwayne allen

philly defense

Had my draft over the weekend. 12 team. PPR

Luckily got #1 pick.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Gio Bernard
RB: Ameer Abdullah
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Jordy Nelson
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Blair Walsh

Bench:
Sterling Shepard
Justin Forsett
Mohamed Sanu
Zach Miller
Marcus Mariota
Nelson Agholor
Kenneth Dixon

RBs are definitely weak. Banking on the WR trio of AB, Jordy, and Amari to be top flight.

Standard or PPR?  I would think about starting Ware over baldwin in standard.

It's a standard league. I was thinking about starting Ware as well, but projections have Baldwin with solid numbers this week. Then again, projections are very hit or miss, lol. Thanks!

It's a standard league. I was thinking about starting Ware as well, but projections have Baldwin with solid numbers this week. Then again, projections are very hit or miss, lol. Thanks!
My only issue with baldwin is he is so dependent on TD's that he is basically a boom or bust start.  Last year he was tied for 37th among receivers in targets which is not very good.  Baldwin may have a higher ceiling, but I think Ware has a safer floor at this point making him a less risky start.

My only issue with baldwin is he is so dependent on TD's that he is basically a boom or bust start.  Last year he was tied for 37th among receivers in targets which is not very good.  Baldwin may have a higher ceiling, but I think Ware has a safer floor at this point making him a less risky start.

Yeah, sound advice. I'd rather have a stable point scorer than someone who messes up my week because of a stinker. Thanks again!

Ppr should I trade rawls for josh gordon? I have Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon and Deangelo Williams as my rb core

Ppr should I trade rawls for josh gordon? I have Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon and Deangelo Williams as my rb core
No.  You should be able to get a better, less risky WR for Rawls.  And if you trade Rawls your RB core is going to be piss awful after week 3 if Melvin Gordon has another year like last year.  I would to see if Melvin Gordon pans out before making a trade.  

Last edited:
Trying to think if I wanna package Josh Gordon with Gore for an upgrade at RB and a small downgrade at WR.

Was thinking Gordon and Gore (or Cobb and Gore) for Rawls and Moncrief.

Trying to think if I wanna package Josh Gordon with Gore for an upgrade at RB and a small downgrade at WR.

Was thinking Gordon and Gore (or Cobb and Gore) for Rawls and Moncrief.
No way I am taking that trade as a Rawls and moncrief owner.  Rawls should be a pretty big upgrade over Gore and Moncrief is way less risky than Gordon who is suspended 4 games and apparently playing at 250.  Terrible trade for the Rawls owner.

There is a reason why Rawls ADP is around 30 and Gores is around 70.  Same thing with Moncrief and Gordon.

Last edited:
yooo...

was gonna sit out this year but just got talked into joining a league - $50 buy in.

Draft is in 4 hours. :nerd:

on it!!

Last edited:
No way I am taking that trade as a Rawls and moncrief owner.  Rawls should be a pretty big upgrade over Gore and Moncrief is way less risky than Gordon who is suspended 4 games and apparently playing at 250.  Terrible trade for the Rawls owner.

There is a reason why Rawls ADP is around 30 and Gores is around 70.  Same thing with Moncrief and Gordon.

Idk why I said Moncrief...it's actually Rawls and Golden Tate.

So Gordon (or Cobb) and Gore for Rawls and Tate?

If I am you and you really wanted to trade, I would wait until someones stud running back inevitably gets hurt and offer them a trade while they are desperate.  Also, more than likely one of your starters will be hurt at some point in the season so the depth doesn't hurt.
Good point. A lot of teams put a sizeable effort into drafting QBs and so they're set on them as of now. Once an injury or two happens during the season, I figure I'll have more buyers.
I hope that's the case. Just don't want a repeat of two years ago where I led the same league in points, but struggled with who to start on a weekly basis due to depth, finished 7-6, and was bounced in the first round.

I'll sit on any trades with this owner for now, unless he offers me something I can't refuse. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I don't understand why guys are so low on Charles. I understand he's not 100% but I'm looking at him like he's Leveon Bell.

As in, he is more than capable of putting up Leveon Bell type numbers, but I'm gonna have to wait around 4 weeks for him to do so. That's my take on it. Happy he keeps dropping to the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom