OFFICIAL 2016 @MiamiHEAT SEASON THREAD::::

I think this team might be able to get 41 wins. Depends on how hard guys play and if they buy in. But it could be a disaster. It could really go any way. Either way, I'm in it to see how the young guys develop.

Assuming Bosh plays this should be the starting line-up right?

Dragic
Ellington
Winslow
Bosh
Whiteside

Not TOO bad. :lol:

Bosh shouldn't play anymore. Listen to your body, dude.

It's one thing to have this happen to him once and then come back. One time could've been a freak accident.

But when it happens to him, and then he is declared fully recovered and cleared to play and yet it happens to him again all over again, well then you're pretty much asking for it if you continue to play and ignore the signals your body sends.

There's a HUGE difference between this happening only once and it happening more than once which cannot be underestimated. One time could've been a fluke. Two times is a pattern.

I don't think that would be smart on their part to be honest. Why change the dynamic of your team after winning a championship...Lebron works best when surrounded by 3-point shooters which wade is not. Wade isn't as explosive offensively or defensively as their championship runs together and he's making $20mil per year...

I know we won't be good this year, but I'm actually very excited because I think this is what Spo does best, and it's clear Riley isn't going to get rid of Spo. Their player development is one of the best among all of the organizations in the league and I think the young guys will take huge steps forward now that they will be given more responsibility. It is tough moving on from wade and I hope he comes back to work in the front office or coaching staff one day, but Riley did what was best for the organization. I hope we become a lottery team this year to get another good draft pick, and also for the ticket prices to go down to catch some more games and possibly become a season ticket holder.

So supposedly, even if Bosh medically retires this season, if he plays for the vet min or something the following season with another team then his 25 mil will still count against our cap. Going to be a fun situation to spectate, wonder if Bosh will participate in camp or be off blood thinners by then

Haslem and Bosh have already begun brainstorming new ideas for bonding with the new guys :smokin

So supposedly, even if Bosh medically retires this season, if he plays for the vet min or something the following season with another team then his 25 mil will still count against our cap. Going to be a fun situation to spectate, wonder if Bosh will participate in camp or be off blood thinners by then

You have must have an interesting definition of the word fun :lol:

Fam, you know this ain't gonna be fun :lol:

I'm already loathing that situation

Bosh is either gonna play this year. Or retire for good. He's not gonna retire to sign a vet min with another team.

Fam, you know this ain't gonna be fun
laugh.gif

I'm already loathing that situation
laugh.gif
Why not?

You got the ends of the Earth (For the Heat) meeting each other after a contested few months of rumors. I'm genuinely interested, like why would Bosh being one of our most rationale and level headed players want to go out into an all-out war against something that would benefit his health. Why go into a losing situation when you know you have no leverage as well or even why would he want to force people/fans to uncomfortably watch and support him playing with his life, idk, seems irrational. I just want to see where everybody's head's at. On another hand, Riley could be playing puppet master and using every opportunity present to him to relieve him of the Big 3 so he could rebuild, idk anything could be true. Both sides have had months to prepare, so I expect a show... And if Henry Thomas has anything to do with it, possibly an ugly one. lol
Bosh is either gonna play this year. Or retire for good. He's not gonna retire to sign a vet min with another team.
Heat doctor's refuse him ---> forcibly retire----> Next team's doctor's approves of him ----> Appending doom.

I'm sure all of this will come at play with whatever happens. Likely to be diagnosed by league Doctors anyway but if his condition is one that can be improved or something new comes to light within that time fame then we could be in trouble

As you may or may not know, Riley addressed the media today at 1pm today.

He opened with a lot of regret for the way Wade left. He said he should have done more to keep him even taking a canoe to the Mediterranean or by meeting him in the airport as he left the plane in New York. But the reality, as he stated, was it was hard to get in touch with Wade. He was out vacationing on the in Spain and was negotiating through his many agents. Wade was not in the same mindset as he was in 2010. He didn't want to work with the team in that same capacity to help land the "whale."

What was interesting is Pat told a story of 2010 of when they were getting ready to sign "The Big Three." All those guys wanted 6 year deals instead of 5 year deals. With that one change Riley had to get rid of several draft picks to accommodate everyone. This ultimately made a huge difference in the long run becasue they had no youth on the team. He mentioned how so many pointed the finger to him, but he obviously didn't have to tools to bring in young talent to fill in those gaps.

As for Hassan, he stated he was a priority and they were on the phone at 12:01 on July 1st. It is also worth mentioning that he felt the amount he's getting paid should not add any unwarranted pressure. He expects Winslow to start and guys will step up and fill in spots that veterans occupied last year. Didn't say whether or not this team is a playoff team, but he did say they would be competitive.

As for Tyler Johnson's contract, he said the first two years the Heat are getting a great deal and they'll deal with the next two years as they need to. Johnson didn't want to change the terms becasue he already gave his words to the Nets and so the Heat matched. Arison didn't want anyone to "poach" his young guys.

Riley expects Goran to have a different season compared to last year and when he saw the numbers Deng and Johnson were getting he knew they had no way he was goig to be able to keep them.

No new news on Bosh. Riley said it was a fluid situation that remains sensitive and complicated.

I like that we kept it to 1 year contracts so we can remain flexible and unload these scrubs at any given moment, with movable contracts like the year we got Goran... If a prime opportunity comes to fruitation (Probably not an expiree like Westbrook)

Some interesting quotes from today's presser.

Riles: "We've had a tough summer. Period."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) July 16, 2016

On Hassan Whiteside
Riley: "At 12:01 I came to an agreement with Hassan. I don't care if Dallas came in after us. We had Hassan."
— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) July 16, 2016
Riley says #Heat didn't push for Al Horford or anybody else because he secured Whiteside at 12:01 a.m.
Riley on Hassan (cont'd): "We feel like he's worth the investment. You've all seen him play. We believe he's an essential part of our team."
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) July 16, 2016
Riley on Whiteside: "We were very fortunate to get him. We saw enough over the last 2 years to say he is a very unique talent and player."
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) July 16, 2016

On Wade
Riley said losing Wade "was not about money... this was about something else."
Riley, "What happened with Dwyane, floored me."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 16, 2016
Riley on Wade negotiations: "I have regret that I didn't put myself in the middle of it and didn't immerse myself in the middle of it."
Riley on Wade: "There will always be a key under the mat. I just hope it doesn't get too rusty."
Riles: "There's no do-overs in this thing. I wish him the best."
Riley said he hasn't spoken to Wade yet. He says he's been crafting a very long email. He said if he saw him there would be a warm embrace

On Chris Bosh
Pat Riley on Chris Bosh's situation, "It's always fluid and it has been since there's been a diagnosis . . . there's not an answer."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 16, 2016
Riley reiterates the #Heat remain open to Bosh return. Says team doctors, Bosh doctors are communicating. But, still, no clear cut answer
Riles says Durant was "a longshot for us, especially after CB went down."

On Youth Movement

"We are definitely going to be young ... playing at a different pace next year." _ Riles.
"We feel that we have a good base of young players. The next step is to see what they can do and augment." - Pat Riley
— Hot Hot Hoops (@hothothoops) July 16, 2016
Riles: "Are we ready for Justise Winslow to start at the 3? I am."
"What player emerges as the guy, only time will tell. Here's your opportunity. I think we have a couple of guys ready for that." - Pat Riley
— Hot Hot Hoops (@hothothoops) July 16, 2016

The Don dropped the ball on this one.......and as much as it hurts (burns the soul), it might be for the best of this team.

He's gonna go after Westbrook with a vengeance, book it dot com

JHam, Ennis, and Tyler got paid. Stokes probably picks up an offer sheet as well/ Weber

Reed got next, need to net us a(some) scoring wings

13694592_661767557307757_1750883197_n.jpg

We have an interesting young roster. Lots of athleticism and hunger.

Starter              2nd               3rd              4th            5th

1 Dragic             Weber           

2 Richardson     T Johnson     Ellington    McGruder

3 Winslow          J Johnson     Babbitt       Jankovic      White

4 Bosh               McBob           Williams    Haslem

5 Whiteside        Reed

Bosh 'N The Kidz.

I tried to come up with another name but that was the only one that stuck. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom