OFFICIAL 2016 @MiamiHEAT SEASON THREAD::::

I know this is a longshot, but if we could shape Richardson or Johnson into becoming more of a ball handler then we could use dragic as a trade piece in the next couple of years after the younger guys get a little bit more experience

Looking at our roster I do not see how we are going to outscore opposing teams and that is even with Bosh available. Wade drew so much attention from opposing defenses that made it possible for our other players to contribute. For the life of me I don't see a single playmaker that can get others involved in the half court game. Unless our D can generate enough offense this will be a long season.

Wade was right to hold out for a few more bucks. He knew he was option 1, 2, and 3 on the current roster. I was never a fan of Chalmers' game but he would be the star if he was on the team now.

As a fan from Day 1, I feel this will be one of the hardest years we've had in a long time. During some of our struggle years there were always players who I felt were ours and would root them on no matter what the team record was going to be. But this roster feels like we are running someone else's castaways and hoping mightily that one of our young players becomes a major surprise contributor.

Here til the end, but it's not fun being a bridesmaid.

@heirjordan15  unfortunately, that isn't their game. For the life of me, I didn't know why Mickey was so adamant in keeping Tyler Johnson. We should have let him walk. He won't be able to run the offense efficiently because he isn't a true 1. Same with Richardson. Which is why we signed Weber. I wish we would have revisited Norris Cole.

Well said @soychulo. I think it's been a long time coming that we feel this pain. We've ignored youth for so long, it was bound to happen.  

Yea' TJ and Rich will probably never be starting PG material and I'm also offish about that TJ contract, I wulda' let him go... That said, we need to hope him and Rich have breakout years and adjust well to bigger roles

For how ever long it feels forever there was always a excitement coming into the season. With wades departure I just feel depressed and have no excitement towards the season at all :frown:

Last edited:
I'm excited, but I'm aware, quickly, what that excitement can turn into

I don't think it's so doom and gloom

We've lost a lot of talent but it isn't like it wasn't an ill-fitting team. We struggled to score 100 pts back when everyone was healthy, and Wade/Bosh was statistically our worst pairing for the season... Not to say that there was/is anything wrong with Wade or that he was a fault to our team, but he was a negative across the board (Again, only speaking statistically). Wade/Bosh were our best players, but on an ugly/ill-fitting team... I'm just sayin'... I think other guys are capable of stepping up, and with a little luck we could be as good as we were last year... Which wasn't very good. At our peak(our peak IMO) last season we were scoring 112+ a game and playing some rugged defense just a few games post ASB before Wade came back and Joe signed and looking very fluent. I don't think we've looked better as a team all season, than in that stretch, but that's mo.

Even if it's "bad apple" optimism, you can skim through all the shade threw in this article and others and see some truth

If you watched the Heat closely last season, you would expect Wade's departure to devastate Whiteside, their new franchise player. Wade knew how to get Whiteside the ball; according to the NBA StatsCube database, Wade assisted on 92 Whiteside baskets last season, while starting point guard Goran Dragic  assisted Whiteside only 65 times. Zeroing in further, Wade successfully tossed 29 alley-oop lobs to Whiteside -- twice as many as Dragic did.

So Whiteside and the Heat will suffer without Wade, right? Well, it's not that simple.

Pick-and-roll chemistry is just one slice of the Heat's overall play. Interestingly, Whiteside posted superior numbers without Wade. Per StatsCube, Whiteside registered a 30.3 PER without Wade on the floor. When Wade was out there? Whiteside's PER fell to "just" 23.9. Even without Wade's assistance, Whiteside still shot 60.6 percent from the floor last season, aided by floor-spacing rookie Josh Richardson, who shot 53-of-115 (46.1 percent) from deep last season. With fewer bodies packing the paint, Whiteside enjoyed more space to work in.

Another important big-picture look: The Heat outscored opponents by 5.1 points per 100 possessions last season when Whiteside played and Wade did not. With both players on the floor, the Heat outscored opponents by just 1.8 points per 100 possessions. That decline can be explained by Miami's souring on defense. That end of the floor improved without Wade, from 103.8 points allowed per 100 possessions to 98.0 points, which would have been good for second-best in the NBA over the course of the regular season.

Much of that improvement can be explained by many Richardson-Whiteside lineups appearing against second units. What's more, Wade and Whiteside produced healthier offense toward the end of the season, but the trend is clear: Whiteside doesn't necessarily need Wade to excel.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wades-exit-blessing-heat-follow-history/story?id=40551233

... little truth.

We're going to need some other ballhandlers to step up but they looked comfortable in spots without Wade/Bosh, which is good enough IMO

And if, not enough fake optimism, be hype cause there's still the youngin's and overall group of good/decent defenders

Last edited:
I know we didn't pay a lot for waiters, but why???????????????????????????????

Cause we need to have a roster whether it is competitive or not.

So add another guy in the same position as our young guys Richardson and TJ? One who was looking at having a lot of floor time opportunity and the other who we just payed 50mil? Just insert a shot chucker of the worst kind like dion?? Pat is trying to tank

So add another guy in the same position as our young guys Richardson and TJ? One who was looking at having a lot of floor time opportunity and the other who we just payed 50mil? Just insert a shot chucker of the worst kind like dion?? Pat is trying to tank
No doubt what the intention is. We aren't going to win anything no matter who else he signs so what difference does position make?

No doubt what the intention is. We aren't going to win anything no matter who else he signs so what difference does position make?

Because if we are going to lose then we might as well give the court time to guys we are trying to develop, Richardson, Winslow, TJ, etc. Not a guy who is going to take all of their shots away and then leave in 2 years....

You guys can call me crazy but I don't believe we're tanking. I just won't believe it unless Dragic is traded. I think we'll go into the season trying to be competitive. If the wheels fall off, they'll start moving guys. Should be less Iso-ball. Looking for more creativity from spo.

:lol: Why not?

You got the ends of the Earth (For the Heat) meeting each other after a contested few months of rumors. I'm genuinely interested, like why would Bosh being one of our most rationale and level headed players want to go out into an all-out war against something that would benefit his health. Why go into a losing situation when you know you have no leverage as well or even why would he want to force people/fans to uncomfortably watch and support him playing with his life, idk, seems irrational. I just want to see where everybody's head's at. On another hand, Riley could be playing puppet master and using every opportunity present to him to relieve him of the Big 3 so he could rebuild, idk anything could be true. Both sides have had months to prepare, so I expect a show... And if Henry Thomas has anything to do with it, possibly an ugly one. lol

I'd probably enjoy the situation if it was another team. It just seems inevitable that this will be another PR nightmare. Maybe Bosh isn't as eager to play since the roster isn't as good as last year's.

Henry Thomas :smh:

I think the core of Richardson, Johnson, Winslow, and Whiteside are our main focus moving forward. They are all raised in the Heat culture. I don't think the Ellington or Waiters signings will change that. Those guys will get the lion's share of minutes regardless of the position they play. Everyone else is ancillary to keep it competitive and further their development.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom