Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The regular and super belt is the stupidest idea IMO. The only reason to justify two belts is for an interim champion when the real champion is unable to fight.

Last edited:
DLH has been off the wagon for a while now. 

Gomez is running the company now, and DLH is nothing more than a figurehead at this point. 

Right, I don't think anything in my post indicated otherwise...

I'd imagine he'd still be pretty happy that deal got done.

Gomez will turn into Richard Schaefer if Oscar isn't careful. IMO this is why the GGG hasn't happened because Oscar fell asleep at the wheel lost all his fighters and he can't afford to have Canelo lose.

Gomez will turn into Richard Schaefer if Oscar isn't careful. IMO this is why the GGG hasn't happened because Oscar fell asleep at the wheel lost all his fighters and he can't afford to have Canelo lose.
The difference with Gomez is that him and Oscar go way back.  They grew up in the same ELA neighborhood, and DLH gave him his start in the business after he dropped out of college. 

Money can turn friends to foes quick, but Gomez is supposedly really his friend.

LSC.
He'll refrain from slugging it out with Frampton. I can see him keeping his distance and outboxing.

Can't see LSC winning this rematch, I think Frampton's team made a point that LSC fights the same way, same style and attempts to bully his opponents by throwing punches in bunches and backing his opponents down. But Frampton, with his slight slickness, can't be bullied that often. Only way I see LSC winning is by robbery. I think Frampton knows he has to box more this time and he will. While LCS, I don't think will try to box, more like attempt to produce higher punch numbers than the first to sway the judges. Because it takes more than 4 months to train defense and LSC is more so an offensive style dude. Key to win is who can adjust better than the first. So there shouldn't be anymore Father or Audience Cheering excuses coming from LSC after he takes his second L.

Frampton by UD, and I think he scores a KD or two. 

LSC only knows how to fight one way, and with Frampton being a natural counter-puncher, I wouldn't be surprised if he has even more success this time around. 

Was Berto/Algieri not official?

I'm not sure why Porter is so gassed on this Berto fight right now.

I just rewatched the first Santa Cruz-Frampton fight and scored it even. A lot of people have this false perception that Frampton was doing better than he really way. Frampton rocked LSC hard in the second. Since LSC wasn't able to rock him back just as hard, it wasn't a good.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  9m9 minutes ago
 FYI, Kenny Bayless is the Frampton-Santa Cruz ref and Burt Clements, Dave Moretti and Glenn Feldman are the judges.

My god almighty, what a knockout by Garcia!!!!!!

Edit: Prayers for Dejan. Damn......

And I just applauded in my living room when I saw the poor bastard sit up. Wow...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom