Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Spence is worried about the fight going to the cards honestly. If Kell can survive, I think he wins cleanly.
Brook lasted 5 RD's with GGG before his corner stopped the fight while Brook was still on his feet. 

Spence going in there with idea that he is going to stop him is a recipe for disaster. 

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't think Spence is worried about the fight going to the cards honestly. If Kell can survive, I think he wins cleanly.

Brook lasted 5 RD's with GGG before his corner stopped the fight while Brook was still on his feet. 

Spence going in there with idea that he is going to stop him is a recipe for disaster. 

So do you think Brook would've ended that fight on his feet had his corner not stopped it though? Could've been a career ending fight had they not stopped it. So that logic is kinda flawed to use.

Brook is a world class fighter and has a lot of heart but there's nothing impressive about being stopped in 5. GGG fought a dumb fight and had to adjust to Brook's speed but in 3 rounds he broke his face and made him quit in the 5th.

I'm not saying it was a bad performance but it's not like he lasted 12 against GGG. If anything, that type of beat down might hurt him in the future. Don't forget that we don't know how Brooks eye is gonna respond after the surgery.

Quote:

So do you think Brook would've ended that fight on his feet had his corner not stopped it though? Could've been a career ending fight had they not stopped it. So that logic is kinda flawed to use.
Hell no

But I think lasting 5 RD's on your feet against a MW who is also the sports P4P KO King, says a lot about his chin.  Brook ate some bombs in that fight. 

@mgrand15  that's a good point about his eye, but I still don't think Spence going in there with the game plan of stopping Brook is the right idea.  If it comes, it comes, but Spence shouldn't deviate too much from his normal style for Brook. 

Quote:

Hell no

But I think lasting 5 RD's on your feet against a MW who is also the sports P4P KO King, says a lot about his chin.  Brook ate some bombs in that fight. 

@mgrand15  that's a good point about his eye, but I still don't think Spence going in there with the game plan of stopping Brook is the right idea.  If it comes, it comes, but Spence shouldn't deviate too much from his normal style for Brook. 
I respect it. Spence seems very disciplined as a fight though. Can't wait for the fight 

Just saw someone say that GGG "couldn't" stop Brook. I swear boxing fans in particular have very selective memory. Brook was gonna get stopped very shortly due to that eye injury. Brook does have a chin though. 

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  30m30 minutes ago
 Oscar Valdez vs. Miguel Marriaga Could Be Coming Up http://dlvr.it/NPm9DS  #boxing
That's a good fight and a really solid step up for Valdez. 
 Ryan Songalia ‏@ryansongalia  31m31 minutes ago
 Michael Koncz texts me "not yet" about whether a deal is set for Manny Pacquiao's next opponent #boxing

Morales thinks GGG has the talent advantage in the Canelita fight. 

Hit CC for English subs. 

Last edited:

Where did you read that ridculousness?
Has to be one of the major boxing sites. A lot of times it is hard to tell if someone is serious or trolling.
This thread and r/boxing (outside of the GGG threads) are really the only places I know of where you can have quality discussions on boxing without the massive trolling and flamewars.  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Bobby you aint black?

Broner been puttin it in, in the gym latley. I cant stand the dudes personality, but when hes focused, he puts it down. Never heard of granados, but i hope its a solid fight.

Bobby you aint black?
Nah 
laugh.gif

Well not exactly (no ninjahood), but I'm Lumbee/Mexican. 

My Spanish is terrible tho, I'm a pocho 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Broner been puttin it in, in the gym latley. I cant stand the dudes personality, but when hes focused, he puts it down. Never heard of granados, but i hope its a solid fight.
Granados last notable fight was a TKO victory over Amir Iman who was a highly thought of prospect at the time, and the fight was on short notice for Granados IIRC. 

Granados has a really good chance to outwork Broner if AB is content to potshot for most of the fight.  Broner wins if it goes the distance (the fight is in Cinci), but I like Granados chances of possibly stopping him late. 

Last edited:
Have any of you guys seen weigh ins where the main event weighs in first? Feel like some shady business was done by team broner to get in Granados head, cant see how its a coincidence they had a faulty scale and Broner was the only one who made weight using it lol.. Also just realized it's a 10 round fight smh lol

Bobby you aint black?

I'm going with Granados. I really didn't think he would have beat Imam definitely not by TKO but he got it done.

Full Fight

I'm not even a Broner fan like that but if Maidana couldn't get him outta there how do yall figure Granados will

I think the fight is won or lost based on Broner's output. Should be interesting though

Got broner winning by a close maybe even controversial split decision, have yet to see broner handle pressure well even from guys without much power like Emmanuel Taylor. Should be a great fight tho and a great overall card

Back
Top Bottom