Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Been watching since the early 80s as well. Canelo-GGG is the fight I'm buying, but I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd and Haymon pulled a stunt like that.
Oh, absolutely, especially with SHO behind them. But they probably wouldn't book it for the same weekend, at least.
But what if Floyd-Al-Dana decide to put it on free national TV such as CBS/Spike so as not to compete with the PPV? Floyd has made it known that he would love to fight in the UK. Floyd can charge PPV in the UK but have the fight televised for free in the United States in order to still maximize the TV revenue while still having his fight in September, which we all know is his date of choice.

On second thought.....nah 

Last edited:
Folks in the UK are not used to buying PPV.
laugh.gif
If anyone can alter conventionality in the fight game, it's Floyd and Haymon

Last edited:
I used to think GGG would demolish Canelo and I'm more of a GGG fan, but I think the upset might happen if Canelo decides to box. Jacobs gave the blue print. Canelo has fast hands, should he avoid trading, and try pot shotting with some combos here and there and back pedalling, he can cruise to a Decision.
Canelita doesn't have the size or the athleticism of Jacobs tho to try to outbox GGG. 

The difference between the two in pure athleticism is negligible, and GGG is probably the best in the sport in cutting off the ring. 
Folks in the UK are not used to buying PPV.
laugh.gif
They probably complained about paying $25 for Joshua-Klit 
mean.gif

They have it made over there. 

I used to think GGG would demolish Canelo and I'm more of a GGG fan, but I think the upset might happen if Canelo decides to box. Jacobs gave the blue print. Canelo has fast hands, should he avoid trading, and try pot shotting with some combos here and there and back pedalling, he can cruise to a Decision.

Canelo can't replicate Jacobs' gameplan, much shorter with a shorter reach and his feet are too slow. He's gonna be more Brook than Jacobs.

It'll be interesting for as long as it lasts but I'll take GGGs chin and power over Canelo's

Canelo seems slicker and lighter on his toes than he used to be. His punching angles and evasiveness have improved over the last couple years as well. Fighting Cotto wasa huge learning experience for Canelo. More importantly, he has fully matured into his prime physique and is stronger and sharper than ever.

These factors will benefit him against GGG. It will take Alvarez' best fight ever and be damn near perfect if he expects to dethrone Golovkin. Cant wait.

Last edited:
But Jacobs doesn't throw combos like Canelo does. Canelo can use bits and pieces of whatever success both Jacobs and Brook had.

In no way cruise to a decision. ggg was hunting jacobs most of the fight, he was the aggressor and he did get counter punched a lot. But ggg had the jab and kept busy. Im sure canelo doesnt have the power that jacobs had, ill give him the speed. If jacobs really did have 20 lbs on ggg like it seemed, canelo better make a perfect fight if not his face is gonna end up the same if not the worse than jacobs

But what if Floyd-Al-Dana decide to put it on free national TV such as CBS/Spike so as not to compete with the PPV? Floyd has made it known that he would love to fight in the UK. Floyd can charge PPV in the UK but have the fight televised for free in the United States in order to still maximize the TV revenue while still having his fight in September, which we all know is his date of choice.

On second thought.....nah 
If Floyd-MacGregor was in the UK it would be live about 7hrs before the Canelo-GGG fight (if that was in Vegas).

Canelita doesn't have the size or the athleticism of Jacobs tho to try to outbox GGG. 

The difference between the two in pure athleticism is negligible, and GGG is probably the best in the sport in cutting off the ring. 

They probably complained about paying $25 for Joshua-Klit 
mean.gif

They have it made over there. 
Folks in the UK have to pay a yearly fee just to have over-the-air (BBC) TV, tho. It's all the same in the end.

Canelo can't replicate Jacobs' gameplan, much shorter with a shorter reach and his feet are too slow. He's gonna be more Brook than Jacobs.

It'll be interesting for as long as it lasts but I'll take GGGs chin and power over Canelo's
Same bro, its gonna be a mexican brawl for sure

I don't know what was a bigger PPV robbery, Floyd-Ortiz or Canelo-Chavez.

At least I got a refund for that Mayweather-Ortiz debacle. 

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Mayweather Ortiz was hilarious: I was happy I streamed that fight/

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Mayweather Ortiz was hilarious: I was happy I streamed that fight/
Yeah man, that fight was a complete joke. Ortiz the quitter vs Floyd the cherrypicker. Talk about a sideshow circus event lol...what's even funnier is Floyd ended up fighting Oritz' leftover (Berto) several years later.

Last edited:
What about Floyd Pacquiao at $100!?
Hindsight is 20/20 though. Before the opening bell sounded, nobody thought they were getting ripped off and fans were close to 50-50 as to who they thought would actually win. For years, people kept saying they'd pay $100-125 just to see Pac-Floyd square off.

When you shelled out $75 for Floyd-Ortiz, you were just buying the fight hoping to watch Floyd lose. And when we paid $60 for Canelo-Chavez, only about 2% of the population thought Chavez would win.

Last edited:
little g and Canelo not doing 2 million PPV [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom