OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how difficult is it to adjust to college football life, playing for a big time Division 1 program? Really.

Everything outside of playing time is handed to you. You're not a normal student.

I just don't remember being this dumb at that age. Being 18 isn't a excuse. Where the parents at?

Family could play a role in influencing him to be closer, with or without intending to. Everyone has different values; sometimes preserving your sense of home displaces things that others would emphasize.

Wonder if that Nebraska WR coach will try to engage in anymore Twitter spats with our WR coach now :pimp:

Football fans whats goodie, I have a stadium visit dilemma:

On Oct 8 I have the choice of visiting The LA Coliseum to see USC v Colorado, or I can go to college station to see TAMU play the Vols. I love stadiums and new atmospheres and I'm wondering if my NT fam can share some insights on either these venues :nerd:

And now just for fun, where have yall been, and where are y'all favorite places?

Where I've been:
Neyland
The Big House
Spartan Stadium
Notre Dame Stadium
Ryan Field (Northwestern)

Going this season:
Williams-Brice
Memorial Stadium (Clemson)
Husky Stadium
Ohio Stadium

On the wish list:
Autzen
The Swamp
Sanford Stadium
Camp Randall
Doak Campbell
Tiges Stadium
Happy Valley

The Coliseum is a historic landmark so it may be worth visiting just to see before the renovations begin. Also LA >>>>>> College Station.

Although, TAMU v. UTk should hopefully be the more interesting/competitive game.

how difficult is it to adjust to college football life, playing for a big time Division 1 program? Really.

Everything outside of playing time is handed to you. You're not a normal student.

I just don't remember being this dumb at that age. Being 18 isn't a excuse. Where the parents at?
talking straight out of your *** i see 

Is Ole Miss facing an overrated Florida State?

Sean-Maguire-650x342.jpg

When Ole Miss and Florida State play some primetime Labor Day college football action, one of them will be limping into the season opener.

It will then be nine months after the fact, but the Seminoles aren’t exactly strutting into the 2016 season with the way 2015 ended, a 38-24 loss to Houston in the Peach Bowl.

Ole Miss, on the other hand, despite losing three first-round picks afterwards, is coming off a huge Sugar Bowl win and is facing one of the most anticipated seasons in school history.

Unlike most SEC teams, the Rebels have their quarterback in Heisman contender Chad Kelly. Florida State has its guy, too, but it hasn’t decided on him yet.

Even if redshirt senior Sean Maquire beats out redshirt freshman Deondre Francois, does the way Maquire ended the season and the questions Florida State has on offense warrant being No. 4 in the first Coaches Poll?

Ole Miss has its losses, Kelly saying farewell to the SEC’s No. 1 receiver in Laquon Treadwell as well as left tackle Laremy Tunsil. But ranked No. 12, the Rebels have a quarterback and thick crop of receivers.

Florida State has Maquire, who went 4-2 as a starter last season, coming off surgery from an ankle injury he suffered in a four-interception loss to Houston. Aside from that loss to a respectable 13-1 Cougars squad, the Seminoles were also taken down by a 3-9 Georgia Tech team. That victory over FSU was the only one that the Yellow Jackets enjoyed over their final 10 games.

The Seminoles arguably have more questions than the Rebels. Back Dalvin Cook rushed for 1,700 yards last season but had right shoulder surgery and missed a chunk of the spring, including the spring game. He has a history of shoulder problems and had a hamstring issue last season.

Both Ole Miss and Florida State have running back questions. Both return an okay level of experience on the offensive line, and both have a couple of receivers capable of going for 1,000 yards – Quincy Adeboyejo and Damore’ea Stringfellow for Ole Miss, Travis Rudolph and Kermit Whitfield for Florida State.

Both defensive fronts look the part on paper. Dueling defensive ends DeMarcus Walker (FSU) and Marquis Haynes (Ole Miss) are two of the top sack artists in their conferences and in the country. With Ole Miss transferring in linebackers Rommel Mageo from Oregon State and Detric Bing-Dukes from junior college, the Rebels look more capable there than the Seminoles.

Sure, the game will be played in Orlando, which will make Florida State players feel like they’re back home 250 miles north in Tallahassee. However, keep in mind Ole Miss is coming off a season in which it dealt defending national champion Alabama its only loss in Tuscaloosa dating back to 2012.

Maquire has all the tools to prove the Seminoles’ preseason ranking. Kelly will also be trying to prove a point – that Florida State is overrated and his Rebels are overlooked.

Mique Juarez passive aggressively followed Ole Miss's recruiting coordinator last night.

Prob means nothing, although they were a finalist in his recruitment last year.

Getting a little too far when you're (not you in particular Nako) are paying attention to who kids follow and unfollow on twitter and such.

Getting a little too far when you're (not you in particular Nako) are paying attention to who kids follow and unfollow on twitter and such.
Oh, totally agree. Prob me included in this case. Just saw that Ole Miss (and USC) boards were excited that it was showing he started following their coach again last night after unfollowing him after he committed to UCLA.

Like I said, almost certainly means nothing tbh. I wouldn't doubt that some of the coaches and people he became close to over the years in high school are reaching out to offer him advice.

Last edited:
Oh, totally agree. Prob me included in this case. Just saw that Ole Miss (and USC) boards were excited that it was showing he started following their coach again last night after unfollowing him after he committed to UCLA.

Like I said, almost certainly means nothing tbh. I wouldn't doubt that some of the coaches and people he became close to over the years in high school are reaching out to offer him advice.

Nah I get it, same stuff happens on all team boards. Just where we are right now in this era

Ty chandler commits to Vols.

CanesAllAccess posts Miami's camp vids daily on YouTube for my football fiends

[emoji]128514[/emoji] Richt got the scumbag weekend scruffy goatee

Last edited:
Mique went to practice and said everything is good now
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smart decision.
He hasn't taken the field yet. He didn't travel with the team, skipped the morning practice, and showed up to the evening/second session and everyone's reporting he's being held out and talking to grad assistants about 40 yards away from the practice.

Idk about everything being good...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom