Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Jennings isn't good though. He never actually has been.

He was really bad last year and has suffered an injury that is generally a sort of death sentance to players. Also, he just isn't a very serious guy when it comes to basketball.

I'd actually love to have KP on the bench and have him be the guy who the ball runs through on the second unit, cause he needs to be the number one option when he is out there.

Jennings isn't good though. He never actually has been.

He was really bad last year and has suffered an injury that is generally a sort of death sentance to players. Also, he just isn't a very serious guy when it comes to basketball.

I'd actually love to have KP on the bench and have him be the guy who the ball runs through on the second unit, cause he needs to be the number one option when he is out there.

He is good enough to be a back-up point and evaluating his season after he was hurt isn't fair.

He's a bench guy now. There should be no pressure for him.

Jeez, this is sort of concerning when you see the bench out performing the starters.

He is good enough to be a back-up point and evaluating his season after he was hurt isn't fair.

He's a bench guy now. There should be no pressure for him.

As long as Jennings understands his role, he should be fine. Coming back from an achilles injury isn't easy at all. Especially if you're a PG. I'm not so sure what to expect from BJ to be honest. Usually guy with those types of injuries rely on their jump shooting to compensate for the loss of the first step, but BJ has always been a poor shooter. I wonder how he'll perform in a Jeff Hornecek offense with the constant high tempo. Only time will tell.

I just hope he finds a way to get us 12-14 ppg and gets the offense going for the second unit.

Oh, and no way KP comes from the bench. How the hell are we going to develop the kid if he's just playing 20-25 mins with the second unit?

He's a career 39% shooter.

People in here seem to think of him as some instant offense guy and if that's the case and he's allowed to shoot, it will go very poorly.

How is he going to develop when Rose/Melo are taking his shots?

He needs to be playing 30 minutes a game though but his minutes should be staggered as much as possible so he isn't sharing the floor with those two cause having them out there and not being "the guy" is pointless.

That's not the type of development he needs.

No doubt that Brandon will perform much better than people thought

He has always wanted to play for the Knicks plus he's on a contract year

KP must be in the starting lineup no matter what. I believe he'd learn more while playing with Joakim, Melo and Derrick on the court than sitting on the bench. That's the best way to get that kind of development method for a young bright player. Play, learn and gain experience at the same time

Tell you the truth, I prefer him not to being number one option right now. Maybe 2-3 years later. For now, there's no need to rush it. Let Melo and Derrick to take care of that business. Melo has always been a supporter of KP. The best part about Derrick is that he perfectly understands that KP is the biggest key in Knicks' plans

I am pleasantly surprised hearing his praises for KP lately

Knicks' second unit is my favorite in 2k17

Kuzminskas is OP on both sides

Last edited:
WELP. That didn't take long. Mark it up, day 3 of training camp 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hornacek is worlds better than Fisher/Rambis I can already see it in training camp highlights. He has the team playing ICE defense which forces long jumpshots which of course gives us the opportunity to secure long rebounds so we could get out in transition. He wasn't playing when he said he was gonna install a run and gun offense. My only concern is the fact that Phil keeps on preaching this triangle **** when were in half court sets, I worry the players might tune it out since it's now a fallback option versus the main pick and roll uptempo style offense were gonna run.

KNICKS UNVEIL BREAKNECK OFFENSE -
- IN FRONT OF SILENT PHIL JACKSON

WEST POINT – Jeff Hornacek’s fast-paced vision – and version – of Phil Jackson’s triangle was on display during Wednesday’s scrimmages at Christl Arena.

Every possession – whether it was the blue-shirted first unit, the black-shirted second unit or the white-shirted third unit, attempted to race the ball downcourt at warp speed.

Jackson was making good on his promise of letting Hornacek do what he does. The Zen Master watched from the sidelines in silence.

“It’s just easier buckets,’’ Hornacek said of his speedball style he honed in Phoenix. “If you have to grind it out all the time … it’s great if you can do that, and we want to be a team that can do that at the end of games, execute plays. But if you get six easy buckets pushing the ball, it’s a big advantage.’’

Much of the triangle’s spacing will be enforced once the club settles into a halfcourt mode – with some tweaks. The ponderous triangle wore on Knicks players during the Derek Fisher/Kurt Rambis era, and Hornacek believes players were afraid to make mistakes. Hornacek wants creativity, and Rambis is by his side, blending the styles.

“It’s still reads, you pass it here,’’ Hornacek said. “Talking to our guys about it, they like that. If you’re a talented guy and like basketball, you’d like to have those options. You don’t want to be a robot. I think maybe the previous teams were trying to learn it, run it and trying to do it right. Phil always stressed to me you got to let them be creative.”

Carmelo Anthony, who has taken subtle digs at the triangle, is enthused at Hornacek’s freedom.

“I just want Jeff to be comfortable and confident in what he wants to run, what he wants to accomplish, as well as communicating with Phil,’’ Anthony said. “That’s what Phil wanted, wanted him to communicate and talk to him and keep him involved in what’s going on.

“Phil is here in every practice. He hasn’t been involved as far as talking. He’s just been letting Jeff do his thing. We’re going to buy into that.”

LINK: http://nypost.com/2016/09/28/knicks...ense-in-front-of-silent-phil-jackson/?ref=yfp

KNICKS UNVEIL BREAKNECK OFFENSE -
- IN FRONT OF SILENT PHIL JACKSON

WEST POINT – Jeff Hornacek’s fast-paced vision – and version – of Phil Jackson’s triangle was on display during Wednesday’s scrimmages at Christl Arena.

Every possession – whether it was the blue-shirted first unit, the black-shirted second unit or the white-shirted third unit, attempted to race the ball downcourt at warp speed.

Jackson was making good on his promise of letting Hornacek do what he does. The Zen Master watched from the sidelines in silence.

“It’s just easier buckets,’’ Hornacek said of his speedball style he honed in Phoenix. “If you have to grind it out all the time … it’s great if you can do that, and we want to be a team that can do that at the end of games, execute plays. But if you get six easy buckets pushing the ball, it’s a big advantage.’’

Much of the triangle’s spacing will be enforced once the club settles into a halfcourt mode – with some tweaks. The ponderous triangle wore on Knicks players during the Derek Fisher/Kurt Rambis era, and Hornacek believes players were afraid to make mistakes. Hornacek wants creativity, and Rambis is by his side, blending the styles.

“It’s still reads, you pass it here,’’ Hornacek said. “Talking to our guys about it, they like that. If you’re a talented guy and like basketball, you’d like to have those options. You don’t want to be a robot. I think maybe the previous teams were trying to learn it, run it and trying to do it right. Phil always stressed to me you got to let them be creative.”

Carmelo Anthony, who has taken subtle digs at the triangle, is enthused at Hornacek’s freedom.

“I just want Jeff to be comfortable and confident in what he wants to run, what he wants to accomplish, as well as communicating with Phil,’’ Anthony said. “That’s what Phil wanted, wanted him to communicate and talk to him and keep him involved in what’s going on.

“Phil is here in every practice. He hasn’t been involved as far as talking. He’s just been letting Jeff do his thing. We’re going to buy into that.”

LINK: http://nypost.com/2016/09/28/knicks...ense-in-front-of-silent-phil-jackson/?ref=yfp
Being that this article was posted yesterday before today's practice it seems like that freedom isn't 100% lol

Phil just needs to stop being the "Get off my lawn" type of old man and get with these b-ball times 
mean.gif

Today's practice video

0:55 - 1:04 :pimp:

Kristaps to Melo to Derrick to Melo to Joakim to Kristaps for a three

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom