Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The more I think about it, the less I am confident with Phil's vision.

Remember that this guy admitted he wanted to trade Kobe before all those rings...

So we're basically where we were before we got amare, except +1 good young piece but with a longer contract eddy curry in Noah if a Melo trade happens.

At least we won a single playoff series in that time...

Last edited:
@Abematic
  @amel223

Outta pure curiosity, what is your ideal landing spot/situation for Rose?
I won't mention contract or how much he should get but I would really want Rose to get an offer from the Spurs and go there.

Rose will get a coach that will get the most out of Rose and can hide his deficicency like how Thibs had done and will also put him in a good position to compete for a championship AND where he won't get a night off because he' will play against top PG in the western conference which will help him temondously.

If it isn't the Spurs, I guess he can go wherever else and I guess.... lol

I only got the Spurs

melo has a no trade clause and i doubt he waives it... phil just looks dumb now... hes the one who should be getting let go... he got rid of jr and shump for peanuts, traded chandler for jose, overpaid lance and noah and traded tim hardaway for jerian grant :smh:

this is the same guy who signed melo to a max contract and gave him a no trade clause but yet wants to trade him... kinda ironic though... he also hired fisher and fired him and let rambis coach the team and gave him an extension the same guy that has a terrible record in coaching...he also signed sasha for no reason.... and he got horny to coach the team only to force the triangle on him which means he was set up for failure once being hired...he also calls out the players in public instead of keeping that info behind closed doors but hes supposed to be the leader of the franchise... didnt larry brown get fired here for that?

Last edited:
Unless we get some package of Jaylen Brown/Crowder/Bradley/Amir Johnson or just the Nets pick for Melo, we should focus all of our energy on trading Rose.

Melo's been averaging an efficent 30/6/4 in January

The notion that he has no trade value or isn't good anymore is silly.

Unless we get some package of Jaylen Brown/Crowder/Bradley/Amir Johnson or just the Nets pick for Melo, we should focus all of our energy on trading Rose.

Would love to, but who is going to take him on? Is there any demand for s no defense crap metrics, shoot always point guard?

2012 was our year. Woodson ruined it. **** him and we should have hired Kidd after that season as our HC
I see this. After we followed up that great season with **** Melo's window was closed.

I'm not sure Kidd was interested and it's not like we inquired. He went immediately from retirement to running everything in Mil. I can see Dolan being hesitant on giving the reins to someone unproven.

Would love to, but who is going to take him on? Is there any demand for s no defense crap metrics, shoot always point guard?
Many teams will take his offensive output and most importantly expiring contract.

Carmelo Anthony has just found his rhythm and then Phil opened up for Melo trade talk
View media item 2313049
:x
Isn't that exactly when you want to trade a player? When they're putting up peak #s?

Meanwhile, Rose is all over the place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom