Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Celtics have their future PG. The top 4 picks are most likely all gonna be PGs. Plus they have the Nets pick next year. Since they're in contending mode, if there is ever a time to make a move for them, it's with this Melo trade.

I'd literally throw in anyone else on this roster (outside KP, Willy, and Kuz) with Melo for that Nets pick.

This.

Honestly, all I want from Boston is that pick. Crowder, Bradley, or Brown would be nice but if Boston could keep their core players AND add Melo they could give Cleveland some problems.

It's kinda obvious. The Knicks are in a desperate situation. & they're clearly showing it. They have no leverage as usual. Teams will naturally flex b/c of this.

Boston doesn't want to give up everything for Melo...understandable. Why? because if you do, you're gonna be stuck behind Cleveland still and give yourself no room to move for an additional player to put you on equal footing with Cleveland. It's a chess game from their pov.

Danny Ainge still thinks he's gonna get DeMarcus Cousins
Kings get Nets pick. Who says no?
laugh.gif

Realistically this is their one chance to automatically contend. Unless they want to draft a rookie, strike out on Gordon Hayward, and keep getting eliminated in the 2nd round.

If Melo for them doesn't work. They'll still have money to spend and next year's Nets pick. They're in a good position.

boston is only really paying Horford. they're in a position to contend now, vs banking on draft picks to fulfill their potential. they just new a few pieces to make real noise in the east. adding Melo would definitely help right away.

We've been out of the first round once since 1999..... :smh::x

We are such a joke.... I love the Knicks but it is so painful man....

If we trade Melo we're losing everyway you look at it

We need to keep him for the sake of not getting finessed in a trade

smh, Melo only shows his full potemtial of being a scorer when the media gets on him which causes his teammates to watch in awe.. it looks good when melo is 13/18 fromthe field in the first half but that 18 hots in 2 qtrs and the rest of the team is ball watching to start the 3rd, melo usually starts the 2nd half cold if the first was hot so the other team goes on a run and the team is suddenly down by 14 melo is 14/27 and jeff is still sitting hernagomez and kuz ...

why is it everytime bum *** lance thomas gets injured the knicks season collapses??? 

If we trade Melo we're losing everyway you look at it

We need to keep him for the sake of not getting finessed in a trade
Then who do YOU think is as valuable as Melo and think is good enough in return for him? 
I don't really know at this point honestly. Regardless of him still being a great player with pretty consistent numbers. I just think we're past the point of teams wanting/needing Melo. 2 years ago we could've easily gotten a couple 1st round pick and maybe a young guy or 2 but now I don't think any teams are built to willingly just slide Melo in seamlessly. The best landing spot for him to succeed in my eyes is the Clippers but there's no way they're giving up someone from their core from him and they're draft picks are going to be out of the lottery so they're not very valuable to us either. If we were to trade Melo for the sake of moving on it'd be dumb to me because we're tanking just fine with him on the team. Noah's deal ducks everything up. We can't rebuild with that contract on the books the next 4 years. Unless we can trade Melo & Noah both then it makes the most sense for us to keep Melo

Carmelo is staying. Teams don't want him that bad that they are willing to give up assets for him. He's an older player putting up numbers on a bad team. That's what everyone sees.

You guys will get fleeced if you manage a trade. Knicks seem desperate to get rid of him and everyone sees it.

They will lowball Phil at every turn, and you should be scared that he takes the bait.

Last edited:
Carmelo is staying. Teams don't want him that bad that they are willing to give up assets for him. He's an older player putting up numbers on a bad team. That's what everyone sees.

You guys will get fleeced if you manage a trade. Knicks seem desperate to get rid of him and everyone sees it.
Most agreeable you've ever posted in here

I'm on board with them keeping Melo because simply they have no real options for a trade.. He has a No trade clause :lol:, he's reportedly asked for Cle/LA & neither one of those teams has young prospects or picks that will be good in the next few years.

The BEST the Knicks can get from the Clippers is J Crawford & Austin Rivers & maybe a pick 2-3 years down the line. This keeps the knicks on the hook for 23 million in salary for the next 3 years & essentially you traded Melo for a mid first rounder at best.

So i'm just not seeing any value in getting rid of Melo. Doesn't seem like he has a personal problem with the team or is the issue, moreso management mishandling everything.

Back
Top Bottom