OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Good point. I'll just have him ride the pine until he shows a little consistency.
Hernan Perez is back in the lineup tonight, so I think the manager is giving him his shot at a starting job. Keep an eye on this guy, he's kinda like Javier Baez with more speed. 

What's the word on Desmond? On Twitter one day I see he's gonna see OF time when he's back until Dahl returns, the next it's he'll be slotted at 1B and Reynolds is SOL on playing time.

I'm a Reynolds owner. A part of me wants to try and move him to a sucker who sees his production now, but may not realize his PT is gonna take a hit soon. But then I feel a need to hold onto him because he's got pop and a solid avg so far.

Tempted to add Hedges, especially since I have Gattis who doesn't get regular at bats, but is he worth dropping Kole Calhoun or Eduardo Nunez for?
I would never drop Eduardo Nunez, because that's a 40 SB guy. You can find another Kole Calhoun through free agents. Speed is hard to find and you can trade for it, rather than give it away.
Should've mentioned that I was recently forced to drop Marte who was only other serious base stealer besides Blackmon. Besides them all I have is LeMahieu and Michael Brantley if they count. Thinking of just tanking that category altogether.

Last edited:

Tempted to add Hedges, especially since I have Gattis who doesn't get regular at bats, but is he worth dropping Kole Calhoun or Eduardo Nunez for?
I would never drop Eduardo Nunez, because that's a 40 SB guy. You can find another Kole Calhoun through free agents. Speed is hard to find and you can trade for it, rather than give it away.
Should've mentioned that I was recently forced to drop Marte who was only other serious base stealer besides Blackmon. Besides them all I have is LeMahieu and Michael Brantley if they count. Thinking of just tanking that category altogether.
Most years I do tank steals :lol:. And even if you're not trying to tank it's still tough to find them. I planned to tank this year too but either luckily/coincidentally I've gotten 21 steals over the first three weeks.

Most years I do tank steals
laugh.gif
. And even if you're not trying to tank it's still tough to find them. I planned to tank this year too but either luckily/coincidentally I've gotten 21 steals over the first three weeks.
Yeah steals are so variable. As long as you have some guys who have a remote chance of getting 2 steals in a matchup, you have a chance any week. That's why I'm unsure of dropping Nunez where I could win SBs say once every three or four matchups to maybe once every five or six if I'm lucky.

Most years I do tank steals :lol: . And even if you're not trying to tank it's still tough to find them. I planned to tank this year too but either luckily/coincidentally I've gotten 21 steals over the first three weeks.
Yeah steals are so variable. As long as you have some guys who have a remote chance of getting 2 steals in a matchup, you have a chance any week. That's why I'm unsure of dropping Nunez where I could win SBs say once every three or four matchups to maybe once every five or six if I'm lucky.
It's tough but I think I'd hold on to Nunez. He's been a bit of a disappointment so far but there's plenty of time to pick it up. He should also be getting OF eligibility over the next couple weeks since he'll be playing more LF to accommodate the Giants prospect they just called up.

dogpolice dogpolice Hernan Perez 2/2 so far tonight with two triples and two RBIs :nerd:. I may have to scoop him. My dude Broxton with two SBs as well :smokin.

Last edited:
Down goes Haniger (strained oblique) and Felix only pitched 2 innings.... my team man :stoneface: this is unreal.

Do I grab Heyward (mind you I have Bryant, another Cub) or Pence (second time I'd have him)?

Last edited:
I've made so many offensive pickups over the past few days. Added Jedd Gyorko and Aaron Altherr the other day, and added Cody Bellinger and Hernan Perez today. I hate having mad offensive players on my bench since I always end up benching the dudes who rake, but **** it :lol:.

Last edited:
So I'm an idiot. Totally forgot Bryant has OF eligibility on top of 3B. Think I'm gonna slide him into Haniger's spot and add a guy like Gallo for 3B.

Got offered Kris Bryant & Jeremy Hellickson for Eric Thames...

I wanna pull the trigger but Thames has been a monster

If you are lucky, the trade is still on the table.

That would have been an insta-accept if I was in your shoes. Wouldnt even have to think about it.

What other SP can you ask for? Might as well milk Thames for all he's worth at this point in time.

What other SP can you ask for? Might as well milk Thames for all he's worth at this point in time.

He also has Santana, Duffy, & Paxton

I don't wanna get too greedy then lose out on a deal tho :lol:

Last edited:

Do this IMMEDIATELY. Pitchers will figure him out and when the weather heats up and the wind blows out at Wrigley. He's gonna be a monster. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom