**OFFICIAL** 2018 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Any non-Mixon owners thinking about trading for him? Might get away with it right now.

No.

I've never heard of a 2 week recovery for the knee scope Mixon is getting.

Russell Westbrook is getting one and they're saying he's gonna be out 6-8 weeks.

Basketball is a different beast because of the pounds of pressure caused by jumping. I'm not saying he's only out 2 weeks, but say it is 6 weeks....NFL is a 17 week season -- fantasy 15/16 weeks. That's plenty of time to get use out of him.

Basketball is a different beast because of the pounds of pressure caused by jumping. I'm not saying he's only out 2 weeks, but say it is 6 weeks....NFL is a 17 week season -- fantasy 15/16 weeks. That's plenty of time to get use out of him.

True.

But I'm averse to trading for injured players.

Picking one up on waivers as a flyer? Of course.

But giving up something and then banking on the guy you traded for coming back 100%? Ehh.

Playing the waiting game in fantasy is the worst.

yea 2 weeks if it goes as planned but with this type of operation, def gonna be out longer. don't know why a NFL player would rush back so quickly especially a running back who has to jump, cut, stop, get tackled at the knees

that being said 1 week or 10 im not trading for him.

Funchess or Enunwa in the flex. Think it’s an easy call for Funchess but I’m intrigued with Darnold and the Jets.

Enunwa gonna be a PPR beast for the Jets

had the greatest target percentage share in week 1 AND they hardly threw

I've had the same surgery he is going to have. After 3 weeks I could painfully jog, and it took 8 weeks to play basketball again. With as much as mixon cuts, I dont see any way he is going to be effective before six weeks.

That being said, these bull**** recovery timelines being posted arent helping the cause because people think they will legitimately be back in 2 weeks and less likely to trade him.

I've had the same surgery he is going to have. After 3 weeks I could painfully jog, and it took 8 weeks to play basketball again. With as much as mixon cuts, I dont see any way he is going to be effective before six weeks.

That being said, these bull**** recovery timelines being posted arent helping the cause because people think they will legitimately be back in 2 weeks and less likely to trade him.

How old were you when you got the scope?

Any lingering issues?

I’m debating getting one.

Hope your receivers look better than that

No God damn way that only takes 2 weeks to heal

Hill, diggs and Goodwin..... I had Hill last year I was drafting him second no matter where i was on the draft order..... him and kamara are very special players. Keep an eye on ekeler this guy is super productive on the field. He a very low end kamara.

Last edited:
Pick 1 flex

Brandin Cooks vs. Cardinals
Isaiah Crowell vs. Dolphins
Nelson Agholor @ Bucs

What's a fair FAAB % to spend on Gio Bernard? PPR. I'm hurting at RB as a Bell owner so...

Enunwa gonna be a PPR beast for the Jets

had the greatest target percentage share in week 1 AND they hardly threw

People sleeping, let 'em.

20, had another one 5 years later. Basically a short term fix that you have to keep getting corrected.

F*** I was unaware that it was a short term fix.

Probably not going to do that then.

What's a fair FAAB % to spend on Gio Bernard? PPR. I'm hurting at RB as a Bell owner so...

People sleeping, let 'em.

It depends.

I've been doing a league with the same group of 10 people for 5 years. So I know their FAAB tendancies. I can't guess every time what the lowest amount I can get away with bidding is, but I usually have a solid idea.

If you don't know the people in your league that well you kind of just have to use context clues (looking at other teams and seeing who needs an RB, a WR, who is streaming QB's weekly etc.) and then ask yourself how much is too much to spend for Bernard.

It depends.

I've been doing a league with the same group of 10 people for 5 years. So I know their FAAB tendancies. I can't guess every time what the lowest amount I can get away with bidding is, but I usually have a solid idea.

If you don't know the people in your league that well you kind of just have to use context clues (looking at other teams and seeing who needs an RB, a WR, who is streaming QB's weekly etc.) and then ask yourself how much is too much to spend for Bernard.

So last year was our first year of FAAB. This year, it's for real money ($100 limit), so spending is already down way less, and will likely remain low.

For example, I got Lindsay this week for a buck. Yeldon went for three dollars (I bid $2). I would *hope* I can snag Gio in that $3-7 range and be comfortable doing so.

Last week I wasted a dollar on DJ Moore and have already dropped him.

So last year was our first year of FAAB. This year, it's for real money ($100 limit), so spending is already down way less, and will likely remain low.

For example, I got Lindsay this week for a buck. Yeldon went for three dollars (I bid $2). I would *hope* I can snag Gio in that $3-7 range and be comfortable doing so.

Hmmm.

So I'd look at whoever lost Mixon, whoever has Fournette and whoever has Devonte Freeman (if they dont have Tevin Coleman) and then consider that Bernard has a good shot at getting a lot of touches through roughly week 8 or 9...

$2-$6 seems reasonable to me. But Bernard has had injury issues of his own over the years.

Thats really all you can do.

Based on what everyone is saying about how long he's going to be out, you should go after him. Whether that's $5 or the $7 you mention, I don't know, but I don't see anyone else on that Bengals roster worth it right now to take a lot of volume away from Gio. He's probably going to be a workhouse for at least a few weeks.

I think Mixon's injury adds more value to John Ross in PPR as well.

I noticed someone in my league has Chris Thompson on their bench. They are lacking depth at WR.

My WR are:

A. Theiln
Juju
Robert Woods
Devin Funchess
Robbie Anderson

Should I offer one of my WR for C. Thompson?
If so which one?

Back
Top Bottom