OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tua’s not going to be a first round pick if he comes out. An injured 6’0” (maybe) QB with a middling arm and multiple lower body/mobility hindering injuries isn’t going top 10 like some are predicting, especially with the emergence of Burrow. I can see a team that doesn’t need him this year taking him in the first, sure, but would you burn a 1st rounder on the above described QB instead of taking a position of immediate need?

If he returns next year, Bama are the presumptive favorites, I assume he can still take out the insurance policy, and 3. You know damn well Bama and boosters are gonna cash his dad out anyway.

Yeah missing that signing bonus to sit will hurt, but he can get a big(ger?) check in 2021 depending what Justin Fields,Trevor Lawrence and Clay Helton decide to do plus a couple of teams will be bailing on their veteran and 2018 draft QB experiments by then.
I just worry what another year at Bama looks like if things shift in the wrong direction even with the insurance and bags for pops

If he stays healthy then it's all moot and he's back where he started draft wise 🤷🏿‍♂️

And let’s say he drops to the 2nd or even 3rd

he can go to a smarter organization that will give him time to heal and learn..

He gets THAT contract

but he is then eligible to sign an extension a year earlier than 1st round guys.. and he makes up that money lost on a 1st round deal in his signing bonus

look at dak, went in the 4th round and cowboys missed 2 opportunities to get him for cheap and now they either have to franchise him or reset the market long term

If you’re seeing all these reports it’s probably because he’s told Bama if he’s not getting a first round grade he’ll come back.

Saban convinced Jalen to stay when the obvious move was to transfer LAST year and we all knew it was because they were helping him find a landing spot. Maybe they’re promising similar things.

Oregon needed that or Wiscy was about to run it right down their throat for the TKO.

If you’re seeing all these reports it’s probably because he’s told Bama if he’s not getting a first round grade he’ll come back.

Saban convinced Jalen to stay when the obvious move was to transfer LAST year and we all knew it was because they were helping him find a landing spot. Maybe they’re promising similar things.

What he decides to do is on him

I get why saban and those in the business of college football would push for him to stay

As you could probably tell from my post above, I don’t get why he would go back.. especially when next year’s class with have sunshine and fields in it as of now

Herbert gonna get a scouting department fired if they waste a 1st round pick on him

I mean after burrow.. it’s dude, Eason, love and hurts

that is exactly why tua should come out.. with the rookie scale what it currently is and what some backups make, I’m pretty sure some team will take dude in the backend in the 1st just to have him locked in at a certain price for 5 years

hell if they have him on a 1st round deal, they can sit him for 2 years and then have him ready for year 3.. and then he’s eligible for extension prior to year 4, and the cap hits can be spread over years 4 and 5 reducing cap hits in later years and usually reducing the 5th year cap hit (5th year has an option but if he’s backend of 1st, it won’t be that big)

3 yards to ice the game and the DB plays 5 yards off :lol:

Then dude ends up running it 15-20 and only 10 away from the endzone and Wisc dudes run him out of bounds instead of letting him score :lol:

What he decides to do is on him

I get why saban and those in the business of college football would push for him to stay

As you could probably tell from my post above, I don’t get why he would go back.. especially when next year’s class with have sunshine and fields in it as of now

I should add, a lot of dudes have gotten their draft grades already right?

If all of this is coming out at the same time then Tua has probably already been told he’s not a first round projection.

Tua’s not going to be a first round pick if he comes out. An injured 6’0” (maybe) QB with a middling arm and multiple lower body/mobility hindering injuries isn’t going top 10 like some are predicting, especially with the emergence of Burrow. I can see a team that doesn’t need him this year taking him in the first, sure, but would you burn a 1st rounder on the above described QB instead of taking a position of immediate need?

If he returns next year, Bama are the presumptive favorites, I assume he can still take out the insurance policy, and 3. You know damn well Bama and boosters are gonna cash his dad out anyway.

Yeah missing that signing bonus to sit will hurt, but he can get a big(ger?) check in 2021 depending what Justin Fields,Trevor Lawrence and Clay Helton decide to do plus a couple of teams will be bailing on their veteran and 2018 draft QB experiments by then.

to what is definitely going to be a first-round pick. Every single mock draft I've seen still has him going in the top half of the first round. Have you seen any experts say he's a second-round pick or have you seen any mock drafts that have him going in the second round or is that just your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom