OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now that UGA got the monkey off their back, who can I make fun of?

Programs like UCLA don't count. Needs to be a program that cares about football and takes pride in that program.

Please submit candidates. I'll announce my commitment by Spring Ball.

Michigan?

I think Texas A&M is the obvious choice now. They are amassing the talent to win a national title so the pressure is going to be on. They're going to take the crown from Georgia as " look at all the talent you have, why haven't you won a national title yet?"

Texas A&M needs to crawl before they walk, they need to win a division title, then a conference title and then eventually a national title. Hard to believe they haven't won a division title since 1998.

MVP MVP
Florida is starting to look kind of old too, haven't won a conference title since 2008. Hate to see it

I think Texas A&M is the obvious choice now. They are amassing the talent to win a national title so the pressure is going to be on. They're going to take the crown from Georgia as " look at all the talent you have, why haven't you won a national title yet?"

Texas A&M needs to crawl before they walk, they need to win a division title, then a conference title and then eventually a national title. Hard to believe they haven't won a division title since 1998.

MVP MVP
Florida is starting to look kind of old too, haven't won a conference title since 2008. Hate to see it
completely agree. But I;m giving them 3-4 years to make something happen.

completely agree. But I;m giving them 3-4 years to make something happen.
Finally have everything aligned from the administration on down to Jimbo and his assistants to give him everything he needs to make us successful. It’s nut up or shut up time for Jimbo and A&M within the next 3 years after this year’s class (especially piled on top of the last 2 classes).

Finally have everything aligned from the administration on down to Jimbo and his assistants to give him everything he needs to make us successful. It’s nut up or shut up time for Jimbo and A&M within the next 3 years after this year’s class (especially piled on top of the last 2 classes).

EYE will cheer for y’all

It’s hardly foolish but I’m not going back and forth with you man :lol:
Kirby has a 15-7 record against top 10 teams and has made two playoff appearances, averages 11 wins per year, has three CFP wins and a national title

( With the Ohio State win this year, his record is 3-13 vs. top 10 teams)

Harbaugh has a 1-6 record against top 10 teams

The big knock on Kirby was that he wasn't winning with his level of talent, but Michigan is the second most talented team in the Big ten, using his logic. Shouldn't they be going 11-1 every year? Why does Michigan consistently lose to teams less talented than them?

Screenshot_20220114-102620.png

It was a crazy thing to say even before Monday night, but I'll let you cook.

Last edited:
Kirby has a 15-7 record against top 10 teams and has made two playoff appearances, averages 11 wins per year, has three CFP wins and a national title

( With the Ohio State win this year, his record is 3-13 vs. top 10 teams)

Harbaugh has a 1-6 record against top 10 teams

The big knock on Kirby was that he wasn't winning with his level of talent, but Michigan is the second most talented team in the Big ten, using his logic. Shouldn't they be going 11-1 every year? Why does Michigan consistently lose to teams less talented than them?

It was a crazy thing to say even before Monday night, but I'll let you cook.

I don’t have a Dawg in this fight, but this is kind of disingenuous. There’s a severe talent disparity between teams 1-3 and teams 5-10, let alone everyone else. As I recall Georgia has the most talented team in the country and Michigan is like 15th or 16th. The knock on Georgia has always been they’re the MOST talented and still guaranteed some Ls. Not just that Kirby loses to less talented teams. That perception comes down to a distrust in coaching.

And, that’s because besides Alabama, no one else in the country can even field a 2 deep anywhere close to what Georgia has. So yeah, making the talent argument for Michigan is disingenuous at best.

UGA has 19 5* , 47 4* and 19 3*
Michigan has 3 5* , 41 4* & 36 3*

And Michigan has been recruiting well. Goodness gracious. :sick:

They have almost the same amount of 5* and 3* total, but that ratio is totally off :rofl:

(This is not an entry into the Kirby vs Harbaugh debate, just an observation)

Arik Gilbert back in the fold 👀👀👀
If you would have told me that we would win a nation title with Arik Gilbert not playing at all, Pickens missing the entire regular season, Arian Smith getting hurt for the year and Jermaine Burton missing major time I would have said you were crazy.

Screenshot_20220114-103812.png

that's one of the factors atlsfinest atlsfinest includes in his determination of who's the better coach between the two, recruiting.

It only makes sense. Literally half of your job in college is talent acquisition. I view NFL coaching differently because you only have the talent you're provided from your front office. In college, getting the players you want is part of your job

At the college level, if you are a great game day coach, Xs and O's guy but you are not a good recruiter that is an indictment on your coaching ability because recruiting is part of coaching.

Nick Saban is the greatest coach ever, but it also helps that he's had a talent advantage in every game he has played since 2008 (except for the 2020 Georgia game.

Like they say, it's a Jimmy's and Joe's sport and the most talented team wins 90% of the time.
In college, it's your job as a coach to get the Jimmy's and Joe's

Last edited:
I don't believe that. Mack Brown is a better recruiter then say, Matt Campbell. But is he a better coach than Campbell? No.

Dabo. He recruits well but he isn't a better coach than Harbaugh if they both had the same team.

Staffs have a lot to do with recruiting. We can't give the HC all the credit. Kirby has a great staff. Better than Harbaugh, would you agree.

Its subjective though because what we are doing is essentially saying give both coaches the exact same roster, who is better?

I think Kirby is a hell of a defensive coach. In my opinion, its hard to determine who is better than the 2 because, being real, Harbaugh hasn't had the same talent as Kirby, and thats not all on Harbaugh. How many Florida/Texas type of players can Harbaugh get to go up to Ann Arbor?

I will just say both coaches are good and not pick a side.

The only acceptable answer is Texas A&M if we’re being honest.

They’re already 2022 recruiting villains for the alleged $30M payout and there’s some post history that makes others here want to see them fail. Not me, though.

$30M for 8-4, whew

Recruiting also isn’t purely about coaches. It’s about budget of the program allocated, foot print of the location, etc. Of course you good recruiters are typically good recruiters everywhere, but there are more factors that go into recruiting than just the coach’s ability. I’m not arguing with him about it anymore though :lol:. Georgia won the title. Live it up. KANG KIRBY!

Slade Boldon going pro (for some reason). He's gotten his degree and he's not going to get any faster. Good luck to the kid. Looks like Alabama is losing their top 3 receivers next year (Williams, Metchie and Boldon)

I think TAMU is a couple of recruiting cycles away from that level (if they can maintain their current recruiting level). UGA has had what, 5 or 6 straight top 4 classes?

Bolden is definitely going to be a millionaire insurance salesman

I think TAMU is a couple of recruiting cycles away from that level (if they can maintain their current recruiting level). UGA has had what, 5 or 6 straight top 4 classes?

Bolden is definitely going to be a millionaire insurance salesman

TAMU recruiting classes:

2019: #4
2020: # 6
2021: #8 (only took 23 commits)
2022: #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom