OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan turned it on in the second half and The Game will be the winner of the heisman award.
Red Zone O was still dicey but got six instead of 3… Defense in 2nd half has made adjustments about as good as you could hope for… Need the next few weeks to get JJ better downfield options and guys working across the middle… 9-0 is fine by me

Grinch is definitely the weakness, the defense wouldn’t last 4 quarters against any of the top 3 teams rushing attack, and if them implement forward passes, it would get ugly!
We’re top 5 in the country in interceptions. #1 in turnover ratio at an all time rate. Our pass defense isn’t our issue. We only have one DT on the roster so teams are trying to run on us until our DBs creep down to help. As an result our defense is basically “tackle for loss,” “20 yard play,” “INT/fumble”

Who was it that said an OU fan at a bar asked them, “are we even sure Lincoln Riley’s a better coach than Brent Venables?” tmay407 tmay407 ?

USC looks like a better Clemson, not overly impressive against mediocre/average teams and have lost to the one ranked team they’ve played. They’ll get their shot at a big win against UCLA or they’ll get smoked like Clemson just did

USC looks like a better Clemson, not overly impressive against mediocre/average teams and have lost to the one ranked team they’ve played. They’ll get their shot at a big win against UCLA or they’ll get smoked like Clemson just did

Pretty much.

To go from a 4 win team to an 8 win team in less than a year is still incredible.

If we can hit the portal hard for some defensive players watch out.

Pretty much.

To go from a 4 win team to an 8 win team in less than a year is still incredible.

If we can hit the portal hard for some defensive players watch out.

Oh yeah they are much improved there’s no denying that. I’ve seen Ohio State do that same thing a bunch of times where they beat those meh teams somewhat close and then get smoked out of nowhere (and it might happen against Michigan with how OSU has looked lately). Same thing that just happened to Clemson

Either way still a hell of a job by Lincoln

People can blame Grinch for the defense struggles but as a person that has followed OU during the Stoops run and Lincoln run defense was usually their achillies heel. I can remember only a few OU defenses that were really good and usabasketball08 usabasketball08 can vouch that when Vinny was their D coordinator OU fans wanted him gone. It wasn't until he got elite talent at Clemson did Vinny get to shine. Lincoln will always have good offenses but those offenses will slow down against good defenses and will look awful against great defenses. I hope Lincoln emphasizes defense recruiting otherwise it could get really bad when they go to the B10

We know what happened in that Utah game to cause us to lose by 1 point, so “lost to the only ranked team they’ve played” doesn’t mean what you’re implying but I won’t belabor that point. Our offense looked better against Utah than it did anyone else this season. And tbh, I guess I will be belaboring the point, if the refs don’t **** us you can wipe 3 Utah drives off the board and we probably beat them by 3 scores. But it’s w/e.

We’d be boat racing all these inferior teams that we play except Lincoln is stat padding for a Caleb Heisman run. We averaged 6 yards a carry Vs Cal and 7 per Vs Utah and Arizona last week. We could have turtled up and ran the ball but because he’s stubbornly trying to make sure Caleb is in New York, Lincoln doesn’t want to do that. the end result is we score fast and our already undermanned and injury riddled defense is on the field all game.

UCLA May beat us but if you think we’re going to get “smoked just like Clemson just did” you’re telling on yourself. FYI we play Notre Dame also. We’ll see how that game goes (spoiler: WITH Helton and Brian Kelly coaching they only beat us by one score each of the last 3 meetings and we sucked those years.)

Last edited:
People can blame Grinch for the defense struggles but as a person that has followed OU during the Stoops run and Lincoln run defense was usually their achillies heel. I can remember only a few OU defenses that were really good and usabasketball08 usabasketball08 can vouch that when Vinny was their D coordinator OU fans wanted him gone. It wasn't until he got elite talent at Clemson did Vinny get to shine. Lincoln will always have good offenses but those offenses will slow down against good defenses and will look awful against great defenses. I hope Lincoln emphasizes defense recruiting otherwise it could get really bad when they go to the B10
Just devils advocate: how many times has Lincoln’s offense looked “awful”?

Just devils advocate: how many times has Lincoln’s offense looked “awful”?
Pretty much every playoff game outside of Baker's game against Georgia and garbage time yards and points against Bama. Nebraska game last year. Against great defenses that offense doesn't look good. I'd even argue that Oregon State has a good defense and they pretty much shut down that offense.

We know what happened in that Utah game to cause us to lose by 1 point, so “lost to the only ranked team they’ve played” doesn’t mean what you’re implying but I won’t belabor that point. Our offense looked better against Utah than it did anyone else this season. And tbh, I guess I will be belaboring the point, if the refs don’t **** us you can wipe 3 Utah drives off the board and we probably beat them by 3 scores. But it’s w/e.

We’d be boat racing all these inferior teams that we play except Lincoln is stat padding for a Caleb Heisman run. We averaged 6 yards a carry Vs Cal and 7 per Vs Utah and Arizona last week. We could have turtled up and ran the ball but because he’s stubbornly trying to make sure Caleb is in New York, Lincoln doesn’t want to do that. the end result is we score fast and our already undermanned and injury riddled defense is on the field all game.

UCLA May beat us but if you think we’re going to get “smoked just like Clemson just did” you’re telling on yourself. FYI we play Notre Dame also. We’ll see how that game goes (spoiler: WITH Helton and Brian Kelly coaching they only beat us by one score each of the last 3 meetings and we sucked those years.)

Bruh stop :lol:

Every time USC loses or has a close game it’s always the officials, the angle is so old. That’s like me blaming The weather for OSU looking like sh*t yesterday. Nope, they’re regressing and had a bad day against an absolutely terrible opponent. Nobody is saying USC sucks or anything like that, y’all just aren’t blowing anyone away with your games against garbage teams. It was a 7 point game with 5 minutes left. Lemme guess, refs kept them in the game?

Nobody said you’re GOING to get blown out, I said y’all will win or get blown out like Clemson did. I personally don’t see USC losing to either but it wouldn’t shock me if they did

Breathe my guy, breathe.

Every time USC loses or has a close game it’s always the officials, the angle is so old. That’s like me blaming The weather for OSU looking like sh*t yesterday. Nope, they’re regressing and had a bad day against an absolutely terrible opponent. Nobody is saying USC sucks or anything like that, y’all just aren’t blowing anyone away with your games against garbage teams. It was a 7 point game with 5 minutes left. Lemme guess, refs kept them in the game?

Nobody said you’re GOING to get blown out, I said y’all will win or get blown out like Clemson did. I personally don’t see USC losing to either but it wouldn’t shock me if they did

Breathe my guy, breathe.

Normally I try not to talk about officials...

But nako xl nako xl posted those clips.

3 calls that gave them points and they were all horrible calls, while some how missing the same calls for us.

It is what is but that game was probably one of the worst officiated Pac 12 games ever.

Venables D’s at OU were never “bad”, it’s just that fans at that time still didn’t grasp that no mater how good a D is when your on the field for that many plays and possessions your going to give up some points.

Breathe my guy, breathe.
I stopped at your second sentence. I’ll read the rest of your response after you answer me this: Did you watch the entire Utah game or just highlights?

Like I said, telling on yourself.

Venables D’s at OU were never “bad”, it’s just that fans at that time still didn’t grasp that no mater how good a D is when your on the field for that many plays and possessions your going to give up some points.
Yeah, I stopped replying to that argument when he said that. That defense WAS bad in the Orange bowl though 😎

I stopped at your second sentence. I’ll read the rest of your response after you answer me this: Did you watch the entire Utah game or just highlights?

Like I said, telling on yourself.

It’s not just the Utah game though, annnnnytime USC struggles it’s some agenda against them. You went from hyping all them transfers during the off-season to “aw shucks we will probably have 4 losses” to saying anytime they aren’t impressive there’s some underlying reason (heisman campaign, officials, etc.) besides them playing bad :lol: It’s okay to say your team looks bad sometimes I promise you we’ve all done it before

Last edited:
It’s not just the Utah game though, annnnnytime USC struggles it’s some agenda against them. You went from hyping all them transfers during the off-season to “aw shucks we will probably have 4 losses” to saying anytime they aren’t impressive there’s some underlying reason (heisman campaign, officials, etc.) besides them playing bad :lol: It’s okay to say your team looks bad sometimes I promise you we’ve all done it before
Focus.

You were making a point about us looking bad against inferior comp and losing to the only ranked team we faced. Did you watch that game? I take it this is your long winded way of saying no?

How many of the other games have you watched?

Focus.

You were making a point about us looking bad against inferior comp and losing to the only ranked team we faced. Did you watch that game? I take it this is your long winded way of saying no?

How many of the other games have you watched?

Did you or did you not lose to the only ranked team you faced? Regardless of everything else

Answer that first

Again, you get so butt hurt any time someone isn’t praising USC it’s fascinating

Sorry that beating:

(3-6) Stanford by 13
(3-6) Arizona by 8
(3-6) Cal by by 6

Isn’t impressive for the number 8 team in the Nation. I’m sure it’s because of the officials or Lincoln trying to get Caleb the heisman though, right? Always some underlying reason :lol:

Again you show me the lies I said and I will gladly own them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom