Official AFC Championship Post: SD @ NE..vol NE Will Reign on your parade

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

did he really say merriman was gonna get 5 sacks LMAO
there's rooting for your team and then there's being delusional

yes he said that, and 2 sacks for phillips.... so his prediction says brady will get sacked 7 times. maybe he's taking about Madden 08.....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

did he really say merriman was gonna get 5 sacks LMAO
there's rooting for your team and then there's being delusional

yes he said that, and 2 sacks for phillips.... so his prediction says brady will get sacked 7 times. maybe he's taking about Madden 08.....

That is even more unlikely, Pats have the only O-line on the whole game which doesn't break within seconds.

Tom Brady: 943 yards, 11 tds, 0 INTS
Phil Rivers: -42 yards, -3 tds, 7 INTS

Maroney: 875 yards, 6 tds
LT: 3 yards, 1 td

Moss: 600 yards, 10 tds
Welker: 200 yards, 1 td

Pats defense: 34 sacks, 7 INTS
Chargers defen....

See, I can make bold predictions too

EDIT: nah for real tho, im not expecting a blowout, and i havent heard blowout from many people. i know this is a different charger team and they will show upready to fight. for the recrod, i think i said pats by 14...which i don't believe to be a blowout

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Chargers defen....

EDIT: nah for real tho, im not expecting a blowout, and i havent heard blowout from many people. i know this is a different charger team and they will show up ready to fight. for the recrod, i think i said pats by 14...which i don't believe to be a blowout

roll.gif

This whole thread is comedy, bunch of bandwagon sack holders and haters. I'll admit 7 sacks is alot for the pats O line. But you have to admit SD istwice as deep as the patriots. Disagreeing is denial. We are a better than the team, not just better than the earlier team of the beginning of the season, butbetter than we were SUPPOSE to be, and everybody THOUGHT we were gonna be.
Pat's looked MAJOR focused
eek.gif
against the jags. And props tothem. Chargers looked how their suppose to look against the colts, no surprises there, I even called chargers by 3 at the beginning of the post.

And I stick by:

Chargers by 14

happy.gif

This whole thread is comedy, bunch of bandwagon sack holders and haters. I'll admit 7 sacks is alot for the pats O line. But you have to admit SD is twice as deep as the patriots. Disagreeing is denial. We are a better than the team, not just better than earlier team, but better than everybody thought we would be in the beginning of the season.

ill admit the chargers are in deeper ___ . sure i will.

Chargers defen....

EDIT: nah for real tho, im not expecting a blowout, and i havent heard blowout from many people. i know this is a different charger team and they will show up ready to fight. for the recrod, i think i said pats by 14...which i don't believe to be a blowout

...and rodney harrison: 10 penalties, -150 yards

...and we still win
wink.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Chargers defen....

...and rodney harrison: 10 penalties, -150 yards

...and we still win
wink.gif

Rodney is definitely good for a personal foul or two...

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

Quote me:

Tom Brady 375 yards 3TD 3Int
Philip Rivers 300 yards 4TD 2Int

LT 130 Rushing yards 1 Rushing TD 1 Receiving TD
VJ 1 TD
Chambers 1 TD
Lorenzo Neal/Antonio Gates 1 TD
Darren Sproles 1 TD
Antonio Cromartie 1 TD 1 Int
Clinton Hart 1 Int 1 FF 1 Fumble Recovery
Sean Philips 1 Int 1 FF 2 sacks
Shaun Merriman 1 FF 5 sacks

Patriots 35
Chargers 49

*crosses fingers
nerd.gif

My dude, are you serious?
You got both of them wrong.

I think it will be more of a defensive game.

- Brady will throw 2 TDS - 2 INTS
- Rivers (0 TD - 3 INTs)
- LT 2 Rushing TDs (Both from the 4th quarter)
- Cro will return 1 INT for a TD
- Gostkowski will score first (1 -1 FG)
- Kaeding (0-1 in FG)
- SD defense (2 Sacks, 1 FF)
- NE Defense (2 Sacks)

Chargers by 4. 21-17

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Total[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]SAN DIEGO
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]7
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]14
[/td] [td]21 [/td] [td]Final [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]NEW ENGLAND
[/td] [td]3
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7
[/td] [td]17 [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

i don't know why you guys think (besides buggz, but his prediction is out there...he needs some sleep...insomnia will do that to you
smh.gif
laugh.gif
) thatit's going to be a low scoring game...I think both defenses are going to give up a good amount of points, not in the 40's range for either team...butthere will be a couple of TD's scored on both sides, maybe a special teams one at that...

and what Igor said really wasn't smart IMO (especially the first time, when he was walking off the field and the reporter baited him) but it's not newsworthy IMO...he didn't guarantee anything, he didn't disrespect anybody...just some good ol' trash talking...no one should be up in arms over this,it's just the media trying to stir things up...Pats probably don't even give a damn... but I missed something on Sportscenter where they were sayingthat Shawne Merriman was saying he doesn't even know Jabar Gaffney's name or something like that and Gaffney was saying they (the Chargers) like totalk a lot...did anyone watch that? what was all that about?

I hate both teams but as a Raider fan.........

.....go Pats!
smh.gif
I hate the Chargers

I hope they rip each other apart so Brett can get another ring.

Originally Posted by are owe double s

I think it will be more of a defensive game.

- Brady will throw 2 TDS - 2 INTS
- Rivers (0 TD - 3 INTs)
- LT 2 Rushing TDs (Both from the 4th quarter)
- Cro will return 1 INT for a TD
- Gostkowski will score first (1 -1 FG)
- Kaeding (0-1 in FG)
- SD defense (2 Sacks, 1 FF)
- NE Defense (2 Sacks)

Chargers by 4. 21-17

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Total[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]SAN DIEGO
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]7
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]14
[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]Final[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]NEW ENGLAND
[/td] [td]3
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7
[/td] [td]17[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
17 points? interesting....i'll say that if we actually do only manage 17, you guys will probably win.

17 points? interesting....i'll say that if we actually do only manage 17, you guys will probably win.
I don't think the Chargers can actually beat the Pats if they scored more than 5 TD's. If the Chargers D shows up and hold the Pats toanything less than 30 pts, the Chargers might be able to pull that upset, I just ca'tn see the Bolts actually dropping 40 on the Pats...NE has a GreatOffense and really good defense to go with it.
Maybe I felt different towards the Colts since we the Chargers beat them before, but the Pats are far of a better team from the Colts and the Pats from lastyear. The Chargers came close last year, and I still believe that the Chargers could've won that game, but they beat themselves in that game, with all thepenalties and mistakes on both Offense and Defense.

Go Chargers.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

but whats with the Ladies Large top hes rockin?

are you trying to sleep with that man? if not then why are you critiquing his taste in fashion...i couldnt care if he wore dresses everyday of the week as long as when Sunday comes hes in a pats uni # 12 leading them to victory its all good

I swear this sports forum is like a parallel universe or something...
alien.gif
at some of these comments week in and week out

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
calm down dude, a guy cant bust on anyone these days without hurtin some bystanders feelings... you need to lighten up.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
trust im dead calm...and my feelings are just fine...just callinem as i see em

I don't think the Chargers can actually beat the Pats if they scored more than 5 TD's. If the Chargers D shows up and hold the Pats to anything less than 30 pts, the Chargers might be able to pull that upset, I just ca'tn see the Bolts actually dropping 40 on the Pats...NE has a Great Offense and really good defense to go with it.
Maybe I felt different towards the Colts since we the Chargers beat them before, but the Pats are far of a better team from the Colts and the Pats from last year. The Chargers came close last year, and I still believe that the Chargers could've won that game, but they beat themselves in that game, with all the penalties and mistakes on both Offense and Defense.

Go Chargers.

we were definitely lucky to come away with that one last year...

I don't think the Chargers can actually beat the Pats if they scored more than 5 TD's. If the Chargers D shows up and hold the Pats to anything less than 30 pts, the Chargers might be able to pull that upset, I just ca'tn see the Bolts actually dropping 40 on the Pats...NE has a Great Offense and really good defense to go with it.
Maybe I felt different towards the Colts since we the Chargers beat them before, but the Pats are far of a better team from the Colts and the Pats from last year. The Chargers came close last year, and I still believe that the Chargers could've won that game, but they beat themselves in that game, with all the penalties and mistakes on both Offense and Defense.

Go Chargers.
we were definitely lucky to come away with that one last year...

yes, we were, and they were really lucky to come away with the one last week vs. indy.... and indy was lucky to come away with the AFC championship lastyear against us (and they went on to win the superbowl).....so what does this mean? it means we will win the superbowl this season and the chargers...well,maybe next year?

yes, we were, and they were really lucky to come away with the one last week vs. indy.... and indy was lucky to come away with the AFC championship last year against us (and they went on to win the superbowl).....so what does this mean? it means we will win the superbowl this season and the chargers...well, maybe next year?

what about we take it this year, then you guys take it next year...come on, you guys already got 3.
ohwell.gif

yes, we were, and they were really lucky to come away with the one last week vs. indy.... and indy was lucky to come away with the AFC championship last year against us (and they went on to win the superbowl).....so what does this mean? it means we will win the superbowl this season and the chargers...well, maybe next year?
what about we take it this year, then you guys take it next year...come on, you guys already got 3.
ohwell.gif

yeah but we're trying to go 19-0...so let us have it this year, then you can go next year, deal?

ohwell.gif

yeah but we're trying to go 19-0...so let us have it this year, then you can go next year, deal?

No deal. We take this year, next year, and you guys have have another one after that. Then we can swap every year after.
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
@ Chargers fans. The Colts would beat your team 8/10 if they played 10games. Rivers and LT will be non-factors and your defense is pretty banged up. New England is also at home. You think the Chargers are going to beat NE, afterweeks of people calling for upsets time and time again but them never happening? New England also destroyed your team in week 2. Celebrate now, trash talk now.Every week NE has been disrespected they have turned the other team into cannon fodder. If I was Norv, I'd straight up smack the%#%# out of Igor. It'sgoing to be hilarious to see Rivers yelling at the fans while getting crapped on by NE's defense.

I can see the play-by-play now:

Brady short right pass to Welker
Brady 34 yard completion to moss
Maroney 11 yard rush
Brady 17 yard TD pass to K. Faulk, etc, etc.

^What do you want us to do? Believe that were going to lose?
smh.gif
We're fans, just like you are. Of course were going to talk, were going to support ourteam, were going to believe were going to win just like you would believe your team would. If the fans aren't confident then what kind of fans would theybe? We're not being dillusional by believing that we are going to win. I mean, some fans might be making unrealistic predictions but for the most part weare just believers in our team. Why do you have to generalize all fans as being ridiculous or something because we believe that our team will win? Who cares ifthey are undefeated, theres a reason that all games are played until the end of the super bowl. Anything can happen. Stop acting like the Patriots already ownthe super bowl trophy, they aren't perfect, their record is but their play isnt. San Diego might of gotten lucky with some of their wins during the regularseason, but the Patriots didn't exactly have 16 consecutive dominant performances. Give me a break
tired.gif

Chargers won't win just for the mere fact that the Patriots are a team that commits NO mistakes, they will keep scoring on you, or stop you when needed.The Chargers simply got lucky last weekend and shocked most fans, but it was more of the Colts committing dumb, unforced turnovers over what the Chargers did.

Patriots by 14.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Gigi Smalls

laugh.gif
@ Chargers fans. The Colts would beat your team 8/10 if they played 10 games.
the chargers have beaten the colts three games in a row and the game before that three game streak against the colts, they lost in overtime by a fieldgoal at the RCA dome. also, two of those wins were in the RCA dome [one by a team led by drew brees, the other in the playoffs led by philip rivers].

Rivers and LT will be non-factors and your defense is pretty banged up.
who on defense is banged up?

luis castillo? got injured against the colts but finished the game. playing.
jamal williams? always gets days off for practice. playing.
igor olshansky? playing.
shawne merriman? playing.
matt wilhelm? playing.
stephen cooper? playing.
shaun phillips? playing.
antonio cromartie? playing.
marlon mccree? playing
clinton hart? playing.
quentin jammer? playing.
drayton florence? playing.
eric weddle? playing.
jyles tucker? playing.

philip rivers, ladainian tomlinson, and antonio gates are all expected to play.

New England is also at home.
so were the colts.

You think the Chargers are going to beat NE, after weeks of people calling for upsets time and time again but them never happening?
any given sunday. no one gave the chargers a chance against the colts in the RCA dome and we all saw what happened. the ravens, eagles, giants,colts, and cowboys all gave the patriots good games. yeah, they all lost, but it's very much possible to beat the patriots.

New England also destroyed your team in week 2.
a team that early on in the season that was getting adjusted to losing FIVE coaches [head coach, o coordinator, d coordinator, LB coach and TEcoach] and adjusting to a new head coach and d coordinator. a team that was putting shawne merriman and shaun phillips into coverage as much as they wererushing the passer. a team that had two new starting inside linebackers in matt wilhelm [who was injured early on in the new england game] and stephen cooperstill gelling as starters and not yet playing at the high level that they are right now. a team that had not yet benched shane olivea for jeromey clary. a teamthat was not starting antonio cromartie yet. a team that had not yet acquired chris chambers. a team that did not have vincent jackson performing well earlyon. a team that didn't have philip rivers playing at a great level. that was a different team in week 2. this is week 20 of the season.

like i said earlier, i'm not giving any guarantees or predictions on the chargers. but this team has had to overcome a whole lot throughout the season.they are arguably the hottest team in the NFL right now that isn't in new england. are the odds great for a chargers win? admittedly, no. but they have asgood a shot as anyone to knock off the patriots. this team is very much capable of doing it. i'm not gonna be surprised at a win going either way.

again, go chargers.

Back
Top Bottom