Official AFC Championship Post: SD @ NE..vol NE Will Reign on your parade

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

unfortunately i think the chargers are gonna take a beating this week... i dont want it to happen, but i dont think theyre the team that can give the pats the run thats needed...

but pats fans tell me this... why is your boy a yanks fan?

BDD_TB_GB_nyy_INF.jpg

... also, why is he wearing the same shirt my girl got from H&M?
Because he's not from Boston, he's from San Mateo, CA. I remember him saying he wanted to play for his hometown 49ers but they, likeeverybody else, passed up on him. It's just that we spent our 3rd round pick of 2000 on a scrub named Giovanni Carmazzi
smh.gif
x the # of wins Brady has inhis career.

Wow definitely a little shocked to be playing the Bolts this weekend. They're definitely a different team than the one we played in Week 2...particularlytheir defense. Their air game is much improved now as well.

And I def. agree that if we were to go on and win the SB...people will try and say that we didnt go through indy a second time and blah blah blah. Indy is notthe same team that it was last year, in fact, for most of the year they have not been crazy impressive. I dont even think they were the 2nd best team, andwhile they were built to beat us a little more than other teams, injuries really killed them this year. Still, I would always rather face Rivers instead ofManning, no disrespect to SD fans.

I love how Charger fans/non-NE fans keep pegging Brady as classless. That's funny. As far as Welker, I've only seen him do one thing that maybe betaken as classess (after getting the game clinching first down in Indy this year, he got up and yelled, "you effin suck" to the Colts db that wascovering him"). But that's trash talking, which tons of players do, and its not really classless. I mean Rivers and co. jawing and waving bye bye toCutler from the sideline is worse imo...but whatever. This whole class debate has beaten to death this past year.

I can't believe the line is 15.5 points right now...that might be a little high.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I can't believe the line is 15.5 points right now...that might be a little high.

Initially I scoffed at 15.5 too, but I thought for minute....with a healthy LT, Rivers and Gates, you're looking at probably a 10 to 10.5 pt spread. So with LT and Rivers questionable, I think its only fitting that 15.5 is the opening line. Expect it to drop a bit once reports from practice show LT orRivers upgraded.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Initially I scoffed at 15.5 too, but I thought for minute....with a healthy LT, Rivers and Gates, you're looking at probably a 10 to 10.5 pt spread. So with LT and Rivers questionable, I think its only fitting that 15.5 is the opening line. Expect it to drop a bit once reports from practice show LT or Rivers upgraded.

that's a good point

I see Rivers throwing easily 2 INTS in this game.

Prepare for a landslide.

Early Weather Report:

Partly Cloudy

Temps in the low to mid teens

10% chance of precipitation

Originally Posted by 5tan

Prepare for a landslide.

And Brady with 3 Int 3 TD
Rivers with 3 TD 2 Int
Brady's gonna make the mistake thinkin he can just toss it up to moss, when cromartie's on him. even if moss is slightly open, cro's gonna makethat up in length and athleticism and grab that. Watch.

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

Prepare for a landslide.

Rivers with 3 TD 2 Int
Brady's gonna make the mistake thinkin he can just toss it up to moss, when cromartie's on him. even if moss is slightly open, cro's gonna make that up in length and athleticism and grab that. Watch.
what on gods green earth makes you think brady is gonna wild out for no reason? have you watched him at all this year? only 8 picks and 2 of them weretipped passes.

Prepare for a landslide.

laugh.gif

c'mon fam...do you even honestly believe that?
as "perfect" as he is right now, i could honestly see him throwing 1 INT to cromartie goingdeep but that's it...3 INT's though??? who do you think he is...peyton manning?
tongue.gif

Rivers will be the QB to watch this coming Sunday...prepare for the abundance of Charger fans coming in here and absolute#%+$'ing on him during thegame...
wink.gif

I dont care who takes the game just glad to see the colts didnt make it... but if i had to choose i wouldnt mind seeing a upset/miracle
laugh.gif

Prepare for a landslide.

Rivers with 3 TD 2 Int
Brady's gonna make the mistake thinkin he can just toss it up to moss, when cromartie's on him. even if moss is slightly open, cro's gonna make that up in length and athleticism and grab that. Watch.

Not sure if you watched the game against the Jags, but there was zero forcing of the ball to Moss. He was thrown to once, maybe twice. Now that Moss hashis record, Brady's favorite receiver is once again the most open receiver. So if Cro is all over Moss, Moss isn't getting thrown to, unless we'redown big and need a couple quickstrike scores. He might shoot one deep to Moss to set the tone early even if he's covered, but expect Brady to be carefulwith the ball for most of the game.

[Chris Berman] SAN DIEGO SUPERCHARGERS [/Chris Berman]

Yeah I would like to see the Bolts avenge their Week 2 loss at Foxboro, but honestly the Pats will take this. I cannot see the Pats' perfect season go towaste.

Originally Posted by DaT SiCk KiD

Prepare for a landslide.

laugh.gif

c'mon fam...do you even honestly believe that?
as "perfect" as he is right now, i could honestly see him throwing 1 INT to cromartie going deep but that's it...3 INT's though??? who do you think he is...peyton manning?
tongue.gif

Rivers will be the QB to watch this coming Sunday...prepare for the abundance of Charger fans coming in here and absolute#%+$'ing on him during the game...
wink.gif
tom brady threw three INTs and lost a fumble in last year's divisional playoff game against the chargers, so it's very much possible. granted,that was last year and both of these teams are different teams since then, but don't think brady can be completely perfect in every game. like they alwayssay, any given sunday.

the week 2 game should be thrown out. this chargers team is different now compared to back then. the defensive philosophies have changed [i.e. merriman &rivers being let loose to rush the QB], antonio cromartie is now a starting cornerback, chris chambers was acquired, philip rivers has been playing much betterball since the game against baltimore, and vincent jackson is actually playing as well as many thought he would/should. is that enough to beat the patriots?who knows. that's why they play the game.

no one gave the chargers a chance against the colts and no one's giving them a chance against the pats. if anything, there's more pressure on thepatriots as they have history at stake while the chargers really have nothing to lose. i'll be the first to admit that the pressure probably won'taffect the patriots at all, so the chargers will have to bring all that they've got and let it all out on the field. i believe in the chargers, but i knowrealistically why everyone is choosing the patriots and i understand that all.

like the last two playoff games, no predictions from me here. i'll just be at a friend's house watching the game and hoping for the upset [as much as iwould hate to call it that, it would be an upset].

as for chargers injury updates, LT should be able to play on sunday. rivers is listed as day to day but will likely practice before the end of the week andplay sunday. lorenzo neal is definitely playing after recovering from a fractured fibula. antonio gates' status is up in the air but if his injurydidn't get any worse from sunday like norv turner says, then he should be playing too. jamal williams is day to day as well but he'll surely play too.

go bolts!

The bottomline is, Tom Brady just does not lose home playoff games.

This will not be any different.

Good accomplishment for SD making it this far, all things considered, but, the buck stops here.

I won't be surprised if the Chargers win...they can't afford any turnovers though...and they HAVE to get pressure on Brady

they held MJD and Fred T., probably the best 1-2 punch in the league, to 66 yards...COMBINED)
ehhh I don't really buy that, the Jaguars weren't trying to run in that game.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I won't be surprised if the Chargers win...they can't afford any turnovers though...and they HAVE to get pressure on Brady

they held MJD and Fred T., probably the best 1-2 punch in the league, to 66 yards...COMBINED)
ehhh I don't really buy that, the Jaguars weren't trying to run in that game.

yeah only 19 carries between the two...but still...when you run you are TRYING to get yards...and they didnt have much success doing that

I just like all these haters, bashing the SUPER CHARGERS. Didnt all you dumb fools do this for the colts game. counted us out. perfect season or noteverything is possible. just ask all the colts fans

GO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

but whats with the Ladies Large top hes rockin?

are you trying to sleep with that man? if not then why are you critiquing his taste in fashion...i couldnt care if he wore dresses everyday of the week aslong as when Sunday comes hes in a pats uni # 12 leading them to victory its all good

I swear this sports forum is like a parallel universe or something...
alien.gif
at some of these comments week in and week out

Back
Top Bottom