Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I've always liked the Chicagos over the Black Toes. If you don't get too complex with the matchy attire, the Chicagos speak for themselves on feet more than the BT's do IMO.

Where are these robbery stories your speaking of? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about kids stealing shoes off their feet...

If ur trying to tell us that folks who can't afford shoes will rob others...i think it's irrelevant to the topics we were discussing.
http://www.nicekicks.com/2014/12/23/teen-killed-attempting-rob-legend-blue-11s/

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/article...stee-detained-over-attack-for-hare-jordan-7s/

http://sol ecollector.com/news/teens-steal-air-jordans-at-gunpoint-post-photos-to-facebook/?page=5

For every shoe robbery you show me I'll show you 20 car robberies.

Doesn't mean jack.

I'll still wear my shoes and drive my car wherever.

If you put yourself in a position to be robbed then most likely you will.

Where are these robbery stories your speaking of? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about kids stealing shoes off their feet...

If ur trying to tell us that folks who can't afford shoes will rob others...i think it's irrelevant to the topics we were discussing.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2014/12/23/teen-killed-attempting-rob-legend-blue-11s/

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/article...stee-detained-over-attack-for-hare-jordan-7s/

http://sol ecollector.com/news/teens-steal-air-jordans-at-gunpoint-post-photos-to-facebook/?page=5

Is that why you won't leave the house?

Even if there were quality mids released (Levis come into mind here) the majority of them are outlet fillers. They are a derivative product that fails to be a legitimate retro (as there was no AJ1 mid created until the past 15 years, as you mentioned). If mids are your thing, that's cool but they fail to match the shape of the OG AJ1 and often the material quality as well.

I remember the 2003 Unc/Chi/Blk-Gold mids selling out, Old Love New 1s selling out, as well as the Blk/White Fathers Day Pack mids, the olympic mids, the blk/white baron mids, and a few others from 07-08. I do however remember the CDP 1s staying on shelves for what seemed like forever(summer 2009 a year later), even when they were sold separate from the 22s and they were a high. This 1s hype and mids hate started once JB started spoiling us with High top 1s starting in 2009, then it hit the hype level it is now in 2013. 

But the current mids do suck tho. The colorways lack any kind of creativity or inspiration that the mids of 2003-2009 had. 

staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam
This. I haven't been paying attention to most of the current mids but before the OG hi hype kicked into high gear the standard jordan 1 model was the mid and they were definitely popular. With lows and highs sprinkled in every now and then and there were definitely multiple releases that sold out. They may have failed to pay homage to OG color ways but they benefitted from being popular in the time where JB was absolutely killing it with the retro+ color ways. Not saying that they're better than the current OG hi trend now but the picture you painted of the mids being "poor mans 1s" because they've always been the way they are now isn't true. But I will agree the most recent pairs are crap.

staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam
This. I haven't been paying attention to most of the current mids but before the OG hi hype kicked into high gear the standard jordan 1 model was the mid and they were definitely popular. With lows and highs sprinkled in every now and then and there were definitely multiple releases that sold out. They may have failed to pay homage to OG color ways but they benefitted from being popular in the time where JB was absolutely killing it with the retro+ color ways. Not saying that they're better than the current OG hi trend now but the picture you painted of the mids being "poor mans 1s" because they've always been the way they are now isn't true. But I will agree the most recent pairs are crap.

Yeah I mean it's obvious that Nike/JB drove certain models into the ground. AJ 1 Mid and Spizikes come into mind immediately. I'm sure there was a time when Mids would sellout in different cws and the material quality wasn't the used toilet paper quality it is now. I think there are several reasons why Mids are so looked down upon in the sneakerhead community nowadays but, honestly, Nike/JB did it to themselves... Releasing so many stupid/uninspired cws ans flooding the market with so many Mids was bound to make that model a Jordan Brand Nike Outlet star.

Hilariously, the same thing seems to have started to happen to the Dub Zero retros this year and JB wisely stopped making more cws. I bet mids would still have that attraction of they weren't beat into the ground, release wise.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean it's obvious that Nike/JB drove certain models into the ground. AJ 1 Mid and Spizikes come into mind immediately. I'm sure there was a time when Mids would sellout in different cws and the material quality wasn't the used toilet paper quality it is now. I think there are several reasons why Mids are so looked down upon in the sneakerhead community nowadays but, honestly, Nike/JB did it to themselves... Releasing so many stupid/uninspired cws ans flooding the market with so many Mids was bound to make that model a Jordan Brand Nike Outlet star.

Hilariously, the same thing seems to have started to happen to the Dub Zero retros this year and JB wisely stopped making more cws. I bet mids would still have that attraction of they weren't beat into the ground, release wise.

I mean JB needs something to fill shelves right? Back then it was team Jordan's, today it seems like JB is pushing the retro aspect more since that's what's most popular. Hence why now you can find just as many retro Jordans on display as you can find the other kinds. Was not the case back in the day. What we may see as a negative/failure may just be Nike/JB following market trends. Besides, JB makes the biggest percentage of its revenue on the everyday sellers, not the 1 or twice a month weekend drops.

Just look at the Mid 1s in the ads on this site. Tu-RASHHH. 

But the mids from 03-08?? Decent Enough. 

I mean JB needs something to fill shelves right? Back then it was team Jordan's, today it seems like JB is pushing the retro aspect more since that's what's most popular. Hence why now you can find just as many retro Jordans on display as you can find the other kinds. Was not the case back in the day. What we may see as a negative/failure may just be Nike/JB following market trends. Besides, JB makes the biggest percentage of its revenue on the everyday sellers, not the 1 or twice a month weekend drops.

Yeah I mean that is a valid point, it's hilarious how some people think that Jordan Brand is the same thing as Air Jordans. One of my friends made a comment like this recently and I thought it was incredibly stupid (I politely explained to him what the brand vs a product line is). I guess the people who don't understand the difference buy the Jordan Brand shoes you mentioned and don't really understand why someone would pay so much for retros.

I guess Nike does the same thing though, I believe the Air Monarch is their most popular model and you can find it at a ton of different stores.

Back
Top Bottom