• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I know mids & lows don't get much love but these two are worth a mention
those bred lows were so close too [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Last edited:
well i aint got either bruh. they probably got the wings logo on the back tho

well i aint got either bruh. they probably got the wings logo on the back tho
Hasn't the jordan 1 low always had the wings logo on the back ?stop complaining to complain man [emoji]128514[/emoji]

well if you read my post i said to make them just like the highs :lol:

but then again i could care less, just make a full blown GR of bred and royal 1's and call it a day

What happened in the Shadow thread? It's locked now..
Buying and selling I believe. And I guess the thread ran it's course.. Especially because it can just be discussed here anyways. One of the last threads I suspected to be locked though. 
laugh.gif

What happened in the Shadow thread? It's locked now..
Buying and selling I believe. And I guess the thread ran it's course.. Especially because it can just be discussed here anyways. One of the last threads I suspected to be locked though. :lol:

thats what happens when ppl sleep on a shoe, dont feel bad for anyone whos mad about paying $350 for a pair now when they could have gotten them for near retail right before December 28th

Picked a pair of these up on Saturday because I really like the 1s, especially the color blocking of this particular shoe; however, I was disappointed in the quality of the shoe, so I ended up giving my pair to a friend that wanted it. 

I remember reading some posts in the Baron 1 thread about the quality of them to be comparable, if not better than previous 1s that were released in 2013...  I took some pictures of the Baron 1s and the other 1s I have (Shadows, Royals, AJKOs) to give everyone a better look.

(Straight out of the box) Noticeable creasing around the swoosh:

Poorly stitched Nike Air tags:

Ankle Padding:

Shadows:

Royals:

2014 AJKOs:

Baron 1s:

There is, without a doubt, a disparity in quality between the Baron 1s and the other 1s I compared.  Essentially: Royals > Shadows > AJKOs > Baron.  There is a more padding around the ankle in the Shadows compared to the AJKOs/Barons.  Royals, however, have the most padding amongst the 4 pairs.  What I noticed was that they used a different stitching on the lining and behind the tongue on the Royals, as well.  This stitching is not present in the other 3 shoes.  I'd like to see if there this difference with the other 1s from last year (Chicago, Knicks, Gold/Black, Black Toes, Breds).  I don't have those pairs, so would anyone be able to confirm this?

This stitching is not present in the other 3 shoes.  I'd like to see if there this difference with the other 1s from last year (Chicago, Knicks, Gold/Black, Black Toes, Breds).  I don't have those pairs, so would anyone be able to confirm this?

Very nice detailed post. Repped when I re-up.

To answer your question, only the Knicks and Royals have that inner lining material if I'm not mistaken (my main uncertainty is with the Celtics, XQ's, and Hawks since I've never held them)

Last edited:
Very nice detailed post. Repped when I re-up.

To answer your question, only the Knicks and Royals have that inner lining material if I'm not mistaken (my main uncertainty is with the Celtics, XQ's, and Hawks since I've never held them)
Celtics, hawks, and black and golds have that same mesh liner as the Black/Reds and Shadows and black toes. Knicks and royals are the same. XQs have a leather liner instead

Last edited:
Celtics, hawks, and black and golds have that same mesh liner as the Black/Reds and Shadows and black toes. Knicks and royals are the same. XQs have a leather liner instead

Thought that might be the case. I forgot XQ's have a leather liner :pimp:

Last edited:
I feel you on the shotty nike air tag stitching, knicks had mostly perfect tags, but everything from the royals to now have had bad tag stitching

Thanks for the quick response and the rep.  The stitching used on the Royals is definitely a step up from the other 1s.  Strange how JB did that for the Knicks pair as well.  Is there significantly less padding around the ankle for all the other 1s except the Royals?  It seems like there is less padding after each 1 releases.

Last edited:
I know mids & lows don't get much love but these two are worth a mention those bred lows were so close too [emoji]128546[/emoji]
The toe box and side panels on the BRed low are nylon.  I'm pretty sure it's the same for that mid too.

I m ight still go for the low though,  I already have that mid colorway in a low from last summer.

That noticeable creasing is a sign of a softer leather. of those 1's you mention only pairs with any semblance of decent leather are royals and Knicks (not going to include xq's because I don't have them personally)

Quality is royal>Knicks>shadow>bred>black toe

And I will edit when these arrive

Speakin of the lows, I love them. Been having the royal and bred colorways for a minute now. They are my go to beaters when I don't feel like stuntin in the HI's lol :D I swapped the fat laces with the regular flat laces too btw. With pants you can barely tell they're lows. Them being "Phats" they're pretty comfortable IMO. Got both of them for really cheap too. Royals were around $16 bucks that I found at the thrift store and Breds were around $40. I'll be rockin these more in the summer when it's time to bring out shorts haha :smokin

Back
Top Bottom