Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Speakin of the lows, I love them. Been having the royal and bred colorways for a minute now. They are my go to beaters when I don't feel like stuntin in the HI's lol :D I swapped the fat laces with the regular flat laces too btw. With pants you can barely tell they're lows. Them being "Phats" they're pretty comfortable IMO. Got both of them for really cheap too. Royals were around $16 bucks that I found at the thrift store and Breds were around $40. I'll be rockin these more in the summer when it's time to bring out shorts haha :smokin

Excellent prices. I've just always been bothered that they never went back to the OG style for the lows. All I want is a pair of these for the summer months…

[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

That noticeable creasing is a sign of a softer leather. of those 1's you mention only pairs with any semblance of decent leather are royals and Knicks (not going to include xq's because I don't have them personally)

Quality is royal>Knicks>shadow>bred>black toe

And I will edit when these arrive

Disagree with the Royals having the best quaility. Yes I own all 5 shoes and I know that Royals go the highest in resell value, but the Shadows easily have the best quality. Royal quality is about equivalent to the Knicks and Black/Red so I do not have a problem with that. Although the black toe is one of my favorite Air Jordan 1 colorways (behind the Black/Red and Chicago's), they In fact have the worst quality of the five colorways mentioned.

Disagree with the Royals having the best quaility. Yes I own all 5 shoes and I know that Royals go the highest in resell value, but the Shadows easily have the best quality. Royal quality is about equivalent to the Knicks and Black/Red so I do not have a problem with that. Although the black toe is one of my favorite Air Jordan 1 colorways (behind the Black/Red and Chicago's), they In fact have the worst quality of the five colorways mentioned.

Maybe it's case by case but I felt like the Royals had a softer leather and more of a natural crease than my shadows did. Not to mention the lining of the royals is better IMO. I completely agree with the black toes tho, I wear em a lot so it doesnt bother me to much but the difference is very noticeable to say the least.

I respectfully disagree. And agreed with the 718 truth the 718 truth lol. By my judgement I thought the leather on the royals was decently thick, soft and creased nicely compared to my shadows. Plus the liner and padding and the cotton tongue made the Royals really plush and comfortable compared to the nylon tongue and mesh liner of the shadows. That pebbled embedded leather on the grey of the shadows and I believe the black as well of the shadows feels and looks the same to the black toes to me.

Last edited:
who cares about which one has better quality? as long as they do not have the 2013 chicago quality just be happy they are almost leather lol seriously this shoe is not comfy enough to worry about anything else and seriously i dont feel the comfort on any jordan 1 from last year to this year is different as they all are like walking barefoot almost, get a good insole and wear em regardless of quality and yeah im talking about the chicagos too cuz i dont see them releasing for a little while and jumpman removal is easy plus they are so clean (i never liked the black toes hoenstly)

Shadow thread got locked? :frown:

It became one big wanted ad lol

But why lock it then? People want shoes all the time? You might as well lock the blk/red 1s and all the other threads. The only thread open would be the Air Monarch thread (if there ever was one). Supply never meets the demand.

Long live the Royal 1 threads!

especially since a mod was IN the thread responding to questions...you would think he would click it up

Last edited:

But why lock it then? People want shoes all the time? You might as well lock the blk/red 1s and all the other threads. The only thread open would be the Air Monarch thread (if there ever was one). Supply never meets the demand.

in all honestly, if you guys want the threads to stay open then having 5 or so consecutive "I need a size X" posts isn't the way to go. Its one thing to talk about the shoes its a whole different thing when all people want to post if what size they need.

If it makes you guys happy, then I can lock all of the retro 1 threads and just leave the baron thread and the collaboration thread open. Then I can reference your post in here as the reason.

You guys that have been on the site need to help steer the threads in the right direction. It doesn't happen often tho.

in all honestly, if you guys want the threads to stay open then having 5 or so consecutive "I need a size X" posts isn't the way to go. Its one thing to talk about the shoes its a whole different thing when all people want to post if what size they need.

If it makes you guys happy, then I can lock all of the retro 1 threads and just leave the baron thread and the collaboration thread open. Then I can reference your post in here as the reason.

You guys that have been on the site need to help steer the threads in the right direction. It doesn't happen often tho.

i 1/2 way get your point but there was a mod on the same pg & didnt say anthing about it

i 1/2 way get your point but there was a mod on the same pg & didnt say anthing about it

honestly, we aren't the same people and we don't step on each others toes. I know I looked in there and saw all of the posts that he deleted and he probably said "forget it. shoes are almost a year old and people are just posting WTBs." close it.

if that's how he felt then that's how he felt and I support him on it. you guys have the collaboration thread (this one) so the talk can continue in here.

whatever YOU ALL say
ive learned to not argue with mods its a mud race going nowhere...yall think what yall think regardless of anything else
i wont be the guy that got ALL the 1's threads cut for bs

Last edited:
whatever YOU ALL say
ive learned to not argue with mods its a mud race going nowhere...yall think what yall think regardless of anything else

Didn't know we were arguing but whoever works for you.

whatever YOU ALL say

Didn't know we were arguing but whoever works for you.

were not ... i know you get what im saying J...im positive... ill just leave it alone tho

Serious. If someone gets this thread locked, we gonna have problems. And yeah, royals all day everday. coldcity coldcity would agree :lol:.

From an outsider looking into the world of a moderator. I myself wonder what the criteria is for a locked thread? Everyone is different, and everything is subjective.

I am no "mini mod", but the way certain threads just "happen" is what NT is about. You cannot recreate the pizza banter. It is a slippery slope once you past a certain point though. After the KW talk in the Royal thread, it went down hill fast. Closing it was understood.

From an outsider looking into the world of a moderator. I myself wonder what the criteria is for a locked thread? Everyone is different, and everything is subjective.

I am no "mini mod", but the way certain threads just "happen" is what NT is about. You cannot recreate the pizza banter. It is a slippery slope once you past a certain point though. After the KW talk in the Royal thread, it went down hill fast. Closing it was understood.

there is no real rule to be honest and it all depends on the moderator on when it gets closed. the royal stuff... that was mainly me but that was because of the immaturity going on in there. I made multiple warnings and members just ignored. I swear I closed like 3 threads.

the black/red I thread was actually closed then reopened since it made more sense to keep it open than to close it. Why? at the time, the black/red talk was still super live and the thread had a list of people that were banned from it. we didn't feel like rebanning everyone from the thread that had been banned before and we learned from the royal thread that closing a thread doesn't really solve too many issues if the topic is still hot.

and honestly, we don't really close too many "real" threads. heck, the 2011 concord thread is still floating around here somewhere still open.

posts about the shadow thread becoming a wanted ad were on point. i had been going in there every now and then, couple dudes posted links to sites with certain sizes which is cool but a lot off ppl were basically asking for a pair straight out. posts like that dont contribute much to a thread but post count which is annoying to those who think theres been a re-stock/ new site with pairs only to see ppl posting begging for sizes. how many us were like that in the royal and bred thread. its still like that in the bred 1 thread haha. 

Last edited:

there is no real rule to be honest and it all depends on the moderator on when it gets closed. the royal stuff... that was mainly me but that was because of the immaturity going on in there. I made multiple warnings and members just ignored. I swear I closed like 3 threads.

the black/red I thread was actually closed then reopened since it made more sense to keep it open than to close it. Why? at the time, the black/red talk was still super live and the thread had a list of people that were banned from it. we didn't feel like rebanning everyone from the thread that had been banned before and we learned from the royal thread that closing a thread doesn't really solve too many issues if the topic is still hot.

and honestly, we don't really close too many "real" threads. heck, the 2011 concord thread is still floating around here somewhere still open.

you wanna un-ban me from the bred 1 thread? its been a few months bruh. i promise ill be good :frown:

i want to like the barons so badly but i just dont even after looking and looking at them, they look like they are constantly in black and white and should be some other color lol

Back
Top Bottom