• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
1st thought "hmm looks like a taped off nike check"
2nd thought "black/red this might be another banned themed shoe"
3rd thought "
hqdefault.jpg
"

"It seems there are an endless amount of black/red combinations on the Air Jordan 1. The original model donned by the GOAT returns on February 23rd in a new color-blocking style that reiterates the “Banned” narrative around the AJ1. You’ve heard the story of the NBA front office banning Michael’s shoes for its color-blocking. This Air Jordan 1 seems to comply with the all-black rule, but defiantly adds a bold red paint above the Swoosh as a sign of protest against the rule. Expected to drop the weekend after the 2019 All-Star Weekend, this Air Jordan 1 will be priced at $175. Stay tuned for updates"

via sneakernews

Trash.

i wonder if anything can really be done about bots.
or maybe the problem is inherently that these drops are designed to be ****ty on purpose by a huge corporation?

there was supposedly around 300 pairs released when Nike knew damn well probably hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, would be trying to get them.
I just think its futile to think Nike is going to stop these limited drops the point of the release wasn't to get the product to the consumer. They drove up the demand for that shoe ( not that it needed any help to sell) overnight in a couple seconds.

I had the SNKRS app open before Travis hit the stage and the sneakers didn't pop up for me to even try to buy until they were already Sold Out.

I may have an unpopular opinion here, but I don't love the backwards swoosh on the exterior of the shoe. It's like he was trying to hard to be Virgil with these.

I had the SNKRS app open before Travis hit the stage and the sneakers didn't pop up for me to even try to buy until they were already Sold Out.

I may have an unpopular opinion here, but I don't love the backwards swoosh on the exterior of the shoe. It's like he was trying to hard to be Virgil with these.
I’d prefer a regular swoosh myself. The thing I like on the shoe is the stash pocket. The rest of it is just all right to not good imo.

at the end of the day j23 and all those apps/accounts are using people to get paid. there's a reason all their links are attached to their affiliate account. they're not doing it out of the pureness of their heart, they're doing it to make money off your purchases.

it's funny everyone wants these. what happened to all the purists? where is everyone who only likes og highs? cause these ain't it. this shoe is hot garbage. and ppl only want it bc travis name is attached and they may be limited. this shoe is a poor attempt at being "creative." these aren't drip, these are a for sure flip! :lol:

I agree with you that the stash pocket is dope. That oversized backassward swoosh is hideous. To me, it ruins the whole shoe.

Gonna have to respectfully DISagree here -- the backwards swoosh is what makes the shoe to me.. it adds a hit of *defiance* that takes me back LOL

Prob just me tho.. :nerd:

This dude charging y'all to help y'all.
But he is definitely gonna help himself with his own info for free. That's what I wanted to say. That's why I said sometimes ppl wanna help them self first. He's busy helping himself and then sending info, just wonder how many times he did help himself before helping you.

That's not what I'm about. I always send to the app first. And I strike out all the time, but got lucky last night. Was genuinely excited because in the end I'm just like y'all trying to get sneakers. But all of this negativity definitely been kind of a downer. Hopefully help more people out on the next one.

I don't use dude's app, but saltiness definitely makes people lash out. If there isn't any proof he did anything shady and he has been legit with his app users thus far I think people should give him the benefit of the doubt.

it's funny everyone wants these. what happened to all the purists? where is everyone who only likes og highs? cause these ain't it. this shoe is hot garbage. and ppl only want it bc travis name is attached and they may be limited. this shoe is a poor attempt at being "creative." these aren't drip, these are a for sure flip! :lol:
the purists are probably still there, they just want that profit

That's not what I'm about. I always send to the app first. And I strike out all the time, but got lucky last night. Was genuinely excited because in the end I'm just like y'all trying to get sneakers. But all of this negativity definitely been kind of a downer. Hopefully help more people out on the next one.
Good to know man. Thanks.

But all of this negativity definitely been kind of a downer. Hopefully help more people out on the next one.[/QUOTE]
Don't be down at all. You will always have the haters who will complain on releases like this. You cant make everyone happy. Fellow Dallas native here who purchased your app, and no i have never won anything bc of you yet. But i have no hate. I still love the app. I wouldnt have known about the release last night if it wasnt for your app. And i got your notification at 9:44 Dallas time, and was "in line" but struck out. The sneaker game is rough with all the bots, but at least your app gave me a shot. Thanks for all you do!

Arent they dropping in April? People need to relax lol
Exactly. As long as I get a normal-ish release, I can wait a couple months.

As for these Defiant 1s that they’re charging $175 for, someone already said it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they have some type of paint removing thing going on with them. They’re still the biggest of passes from me, but I’d be shocked if JB released an all black upper, cream outsole and midsole, and big *** red stripe across the middle for $175. What differentiates them from the Cyber Mondays other than that ugly stripe? Or, watch them have “premium” leather that gets fawned over when they release.

Back
Top Bottom