• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Y’all sleep 💤

46F86CCE-1C6C-469B-AF02-9FAFDB51F314.jpeg

Sometimes sleep is better.

You had good dudes in the beginning, as well as the cutthroat.

Don’t know what mysterious place y’all talking about where everyone was standup.
there was way more "good dudes" and just members helping others overall. we don't see that even half as much. how you haven't peeped the drastic change over the last 10 years iono what to tell you. it's so blatantly obvious

Don’t know what mysterious place y’all talking about where everyone was standup.
I agree...

NT is what you make it

The problem is that the sneaker game isn’t like it was in the 2000s

everyone and their mama wants to resell. IMO the biggest problems are bot boys and stockx/goat

NT used to be about collecting & wearing. Collecting & wearing...... period.

Now it’s about reselling, flipping......with a percentage that still actually wear their shoes.
****** just wanted pairs to either collect or wear. Monetary gain was never the consensus. You had specific websites for that ****. Tell me how frequently you seen a shoe going for a rack & above back in the days in the buy or sell thread. The money was different. ****** wasn’t all out scamming like that back then.

Don’t blame StockX/GOAT for capitalizing on a market Nike/JB created.
I don't blame them for capitalizing. What they did was brilliant. I always said I wished an NT'er founded Stockx, at least someone in the community wouldve been caking instead of Dan Gilbert's ***** ***.
Its just they made reselling too easy. Flip DS shoes with 3 clicks of a button. It gave bot boys the fuel they needed to invest their time and money into bots. Back when ebay was the only option, most people didnt want to get too involved with reselling.

Stockx saw an opportunity and capitalized on it - it is what it is. On one hand I'm fine with that from a business standpoint. But I still have the opinion theyre the biggest reason for deterioration of the hobby

I forged several friendships before the SX days...sold a lot of shoes to dudes. I wouldn't ask for anything on top but they'd give me $20-40 for my time anyway. Those pretty much all fell by the wayside when SX/GOAT came up

I don't blame them for capitalizing. What they did was brilliant. I always said I wished an NT'er founded Stockx, at least someone in the community wouldve been caking instead of Dan Gilbert's ***** ***.
Its just they made reselling too easy. Flip DS shoes with 3 clicks of a button. It gave bot boys the fuel they needed to invest their time and money into bots. Back when ebay was the only option, most people didnt want to get too involved with reselling.

Stockx saw an opportunity and capitalized on it - it is what it is. On one hand I'm fine with that from a business standpoint. But I still have the opinion theyre the biggest reason for deterioration of the hobby

No. The biggest reason is Nike/JB.

I forged several friendships before the SX days...sold a lot of shoes to dudes. I wouldn't ask for anything on top but they'd give me $20-40 for my time anyway. Those pretty much all fell by the wayside when SX/GOAT came up

Blame Nike

For those that keep saying the black midsole version didn’t exist before 2003.........

I wasnt in the conversation before but I was talking to the dude that runs this yesterday and realized this too. I remember the 2nd slide floating around here or online way back in early 2000s but I forgot these even existed. But I def thought these were based on the 03's.. blame it on memory or w/e but I was def wrong :lol:

juelz3682 juelz3682
sneakaprince sneakaprince

Let’s go.

I agree...

NT is what you make it

The problem is that the sneaker game isn’t like it was in the 2000s

everyone and their mama wants to resell. IMO the biggest problems are bot boys and stockx/goat

I think this is what it is for me. The rest sounds like everyone is right based on an angle or point of view lol. I remember sending out money orders to folks on here and even Ebay for YEARS and getting my stuff with no issues. When dealing with strangers, you have to do as much due diligence as you can to discern whats what. That doesnt mean you cant still get burned.

I think its different now; everything is about value (not everyone) and it makes its way into every thread and I'm tired of it because I ran into this site in high school out of pure passion. I get it though.. times have changed and kicks have become so mainstream that everyone is a reseller or sneakerhead now.

But I've been oop'd on here before (Never before like 2013 :lol: ) and always try to help where I can. But I've seen dudes get banned left and right in the early-mid 2000s for scamming on here so the vultures have always been around.. ALWAYS.

What I remember was how we helped each other with all the B grades at outlets. Every release had B grades show up somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom